arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Closer scrutiny of tutorials! Please only post original content!
This announcement doesn't apply to members who have been posting quality tutorials in the Tutorials Forum, or are planning to post quality tutorials.  Dynamo and the Staff welcome your quality tutorials, provided that the content is "fresh", original, and completely your own contribution.

But, PLEASE do not copy and paste tutorials from the Internet and then try and "jazz it up" to look like your own.  Any of those kinds of tutorials will be removed from the Forum from now on.   Popular tutorials like how to change a user name in a WordPress database of which there are hundreds on the Web will not be allowed.  Unless you've got a completely different and unique way of doing the same thing that one won't find on the Web.

I'm sure some of our members have noticed the Tutorial Forum being filled up with lengthy nonsense tutorials off late, with obvious intent to boost the member's credit points.  That was never the intention of the Tutorials Forum.  If you check the objective of the Forum, it's to post Tutorials with original content only, i.e. one won't find the content anywhere on the Web.  Now and then of course, even with quality tutorials, one has to take something from the Web, and if and when you do, please make sure to put what you took from another Website in quotes and provide a link to the source of the material.  Plagiarism is not allowed, especially with tutorials as well.  Latter may earn you a warning.   Note that from now on Staff will be scrutinizing the Tutorials Section very closely.

For our more experienced members of the Forum, if you do see a tutorial that looks "off", i.e. a topic mismatch with the content, or the content doesn't quite make sense, please use the report tool to report the tutorial.  This will be much appreciated.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Oh well, thanks for this warning.
Copy&Paste of tutorials is a bit useless, also a tutorial of few lines is useless, what you can explain in so few words? If someone ask you for help what you can reply if you just copy&paste the tutorial?

As I said you, I am planning something interesting, they will be topics that are very easy to find on the Web but I will try my best to comment and explain everything.

The main point of a tutorial is not "performing a copy&paste" of commands to get what you want, you need to understand what you are doing, running blindly commands is not very safe!
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting