arrow_upward

Pages (5):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[ADDED]Monthly Post Counter Plugin
Hello Guys,
I had recently Made a Forum Plugin for showing users Monthly Post count at their Postbits/Profile Page, since we had already got many suggestions about it and also the other third party php monthly counter script was already making the forum slow since every time for counting posts, that script searches many times for each single user. That was the reason why we had also disabled the VPS Holder's Monthly Post Counter Page since it had been observed that if 1-2 users try to view it at the same time, then it overloads the forum server which wasn't good in any way.
Anyways, the plugin is still in testing Phase and will remain in the testing phase for this month. Users would see that its currently showing incorrect monthly post count, actually it has its own counting system (rather than searching and updating algorithm), which resets at every starting of the month which makes the plugin lightweight for the forum.

From next month, We are also introducing Maximum Posts Per Day Rule,
According to this Rule, User's only first 4 posts per day would actually be counted towards their Monthly Post Count, though they can be able to do more posts than just 4 per day after 4, they would not be counted towards the Monthly Post count. We had introduced this Rule to prevent massive posting at last/one day.
The Monthly Post counter Plugin will also take care of this Rule, it will not count posts more than 4 per day for each user.

Moreover, This Plugin also would automatically Send Posts Left PMs at nearly (23-25th of each month) to those users which won't complete their monthly Posts, which makes Staff free from Manually PMing all those users.
It is requested to users that if they find any Bug in the Plugin then immediately report about it, so we can make it bug-free.
Note: One each major Bug report, the user would get subsidy of 1 post from next month's monthly postcount (max 3 posts subsidy).

Also if users have suggestions regarding any new feature to this plugin then they are free to share here.

Regards,
 Administrator
admin@post4vps.com

I am always against shit-posting, but a limit set for each day isn't a worthy thing. Lets say that there are few people that are busy due to personal issues, busy lifestyle or could be any other problem, in that case what would be the solution if there are only 2 days left for the post completion? Along with this, lot of scenarios appear according to this rule.

What few people actually do is make so shit posts when there are only few days left, which is why this rule was made. But please have a look at the quality of post instead of setting a limit for per day posts. The guy that made those posts were just duplicate of someone's else post in different words. If someone is making four useless posts in a day then this is not a contribution to this forum, but just a job that has been given to someone to do for in order to attain/renew VPS. The case is different for those people that just comes one day in a month just to complete their posts, that is completely wrong, but if a person that doesn't do this regularly and has few problems that led him to do posts in single day is a different case too.

If you think that this rule would encourage the people to increase the quality of posts, then that idea is incorrect.
Hmm, i agree with @Lampard
All of us have irl problems Confusedhrug:
Who suggested that? :c
Agreed with Lampard also.
I think we already have discussion on Shoutbox, maybe you don't look on it already, let me tag @deanhills.

Look into the quality posts, if someone made > 4 posts/day, look at the quality posts, if it's bad, delete them/uncount them, but if it's good, count them in. This only work for > 4 posts/day okay.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
@Lampard you are right but 4 posts per day not a bad idea. 4x5 = 20 day and you still have 25 days extra.
Terminal
Best Regards,
Global Moderator of Post4VPS 

(09-11-2018, 07:48 PM)Lampard Wrote: I am always against shit-posting, but a limit set for each day isn't a worthy thing. Lets say that there are few people that are busy due to personal issues, busy lifestyle or could be any other problem, in that case what would be the solution if there are only 2 days left for the post completion? Along with this, lot of scenarios appear according to this rule.

What few people actually do is make so shit posts when there are only few days left, which is why this rule was made. But please have a look at the quality of post instead of setting a limit for per day posts. The guy that made those posts were just duplicate of someone's else post in different words. If someone is making four useless posts in a day then this is not a contribution to this forum, but just a job that has been given to someone to do for in order to attain/renew VPS. The case is different for those people that just comes one day in a month just to complete their posts, that is completely wrong, but if a person that doesn't do this regularly and has few problems that led him to do posts in single day is a different case too.

If you think that this rule would encourage the people to increase the quality of posts, then that idea is incorrect.

let me quote first if there are problems. let us know. and by this decision we want people to post in the entire month and not just only the last 2 days of the month.
you will need to be active to remain the vps. and not abandon and leave and get back to post just the missing posts.
we can remove lines but having a limit also kills the use of spamming 1 liners
Ah its nice.Last time i got suspended due to low post.But according to me i completed my posts.But for now it will be easy for me to check monthly posts.Great work.I hope it will work fine.

Thanks Alot.
I would have to agree with @Dynamo for adding this new plugin and adding the new Maximum Posts Per Day Rule.

Not too far ago another forum also suffered from this "flooding posts in one day" issue. Their admins chose to resign altogether. But they proved that relying only on human checks is a no-go.

Dynamo obviously handles this issue in a different and a proactive way. We should all appreciate that.

His script may not be perfect. But using script is the right path to help combat flooding and to run this forum for long.

We definitely should not rely only on human checks.

(09-12-2018, 04:10 PM)tryp4vps Wrote: I would have to agree with @Dynamo for adding this new plugin and adding the new Maximum Posts Per Day Rule.

Not too far ago another forum also suffered from this "flooding posts in one day" issue. Their admins chose to resign altogether. But they proved that relying only on human checks is a no-go.
It's not the flooding that is the problem.  It's the quality of some of the posts that are made.  I've been in Forums for many years.  You can get a quality poster making 20 posts in one sitting and making 20 quality posts - of exceptional quality.  You can also get someone not paying attention while they are making the same number of posts from their smart phone.  You deal with them when they do that.  But you don't penalize or kick those who do make bulk quality posts.  You reward them so they will make more quality posts.  If it suits them to make those posts closer to month's end, don't punish them for doing that.  It's the posts that count.

Forums aren't doing well and they are in the process of dying.  Post4vps has been doing well because of the great freedom it has allowed its members and treating them all on their own merit.  Not all people can make quality posts.  Not all people can remember to post every day.  We do need those posts.  And if they make them every day or they make them at the end of the month, why worry about it?  Just focus on the low quality posts - like REALLY low quality ones.  And keep the feeling of freedom and respect for all members alive.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
(09-12-2018, 11:48 AM)perryoo11 Wrote: let me quote first if there are problems. let us know. and by this decision we want people to post in the entire month and not just only the last 2 days of the month.
you will need to be active to remain the vps. and not abandon and leave and get back to post just the missing posts.
we can remove lines but having a limit also kills the use of spamming 1 liners

Having a limit is just an extra rule. I am pretty sure that there are VERY few people that does this practice and moderators already know who does this every month. Moreover when someone is doing so many posts in one day, you can easily find it out from routine of the person that is used to it. Giving them warning points, so that their VPS is taken, and they cannot apply for VPS until warning point is removed won't be any huge work. I would agree with this rule if this community had 500 active members, and then you guys had to find those people from the list of 500, that would be such a huge work but this plugin would be great for that type.

@deanhills is also right about when someone is having a nice mood, i would feel like making so many posts in a day and that too with great quality. Now that rule is just simply removing all the freedom that a user should usually get in forums.
Pages (5):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting