arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connection Refused
Hey experts, I need help.I am holder of VPS9.I have used command " sudo reboot " to reboot VPS.Now i am getting error " Connection Refused " on connecting to server.I know i should ask staff team for help, but i am asking here so that i will not use these type of commands in future because VPS-9 does not have control panel to manage it self.I don't want to disturb staff.So...Should i use these (reboot, sudo shutdown -h now) reboot commands in future?
For now @Administrators please check what is problem?

Thanks to Post4VPS and Hostlease for their great services.  
The question is what did you do before performing the reboot? A reboot doesn't break a machine unless something before the reboot happened and caused something to break.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
(01-23-2019, 01:15 PM)Rehan Wrote: Hey experts, I need help.I am holder of VPS9.I have used command " sudo reboot " to reboot VPS.Now i am getting error " Connection Refused " on connecting to server.I know i should ask staff team for help, but i am asking here so that i will not use these type of commands in future because VPS-9 does not have control panel to manage it self.I don't want to disturb staff.So...Should i use these (reboot, sudo shutdown -h now) reboot commands in future?

Further to @"Hidden Refuge" question - I Googled this and looks as though this is known to happen to Ubuntu.  I realize your Ubuntu is more up to date than the example below, but maybe there are elements of the same problems in it.  Quite a number of the examples in the discussion below experienced problems with reboot after an update - something to do with changes in the SSH configuration that causes you to disconnect.
https://askubuntu.com/questions/483670/w...-04-server

Looks as though the most secure way to do this is to ask the staff to reboot the VPS from the management panel.  

Here's another article about Ubuntu 16 reboot disconnect problems:
https://askubuntu.com/questions/898449/k...r-updating

If you don't want to submit support requests when you need a reboot, maybe it would be better to use a different OS.  

As far as I can see after I read through the above discussions I found the following:

1. Ubuntu has issues after an update when the reboot is made on the user level.  Something happens that has an effect on the SSH and or Firewall configuration
2. Reboot is probably better on the management console level
3. If you don't have a management console, and don't want to have to submit support requests for reboots, then it may be an idea to use a different OS instead.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
(01-23-2019, 01:15 PM)Rehan Wrote: Hey experts, I need help.I am holder of VPS9.I have used command " sudo reboot " to reboot VPS.Now i am getting error " Connection Refused " on connecting to server.I know i should ask staff team for help, but i am asking here so that i will not use these type of commands in future because VPS-9 does not have control panel to manage it self.I don't want to disturb staff.So...Should i use these (reboot, sudo shutdown -h now) reboot commands in future?

i have the same VPS-9 and its normal for me. whenever i done reboot command the connections goes end. and putty said connection refused because your machine is going to reboot. they don't replied any further command answer that your vps is going to reboot. just reboot silently. u just have to do that close putty and reopen it after 30sec approx and try to login again.
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
(01-23-2019, 08:35 PM)deanhills Wrote: Further to @"Hidden Refuge" question - I Googled this and looks as though this is known to happen to Ubuntu.  I realize your Ubuntu is more up to date than the example below, but maybe there are elements of the same problems in it.  Quite a number of the examples in the discussion below experienced problems with reboot after an update - something to do with changes in the SSH configuration that causes you to disconnect.
https://askubuntu.com/questions/483670/w...-04-server

Looks as though the most secure way to do this is to ask the staff to reboot the VPS from the management panel.  

Here's another article about Ubuntu 16 reboot disconnect problems:
https://askubuntu.com/questions/898449/k...r-updating

If you don't want to submit support requests when you need a reboot, maybe it would be better to use a different OS.  

As far as I can see after I read through the above discussions I found the following:

1. Ubuntu has issues after an update when the reboot is made on the user level.  Something happens that has an effect on the SSH and or Firewall configuration
2. Reboot is probably better on the management console level
3. If you don't have a management console, and don't want to have to submit support requests for reboots, then it may be an idea to use a different OS instead.

Alright! You are right.Also @Hidden Refuge is also right, i was facing some problems regarding letsencrypt ssl certificate.Next time for reboot i shall PM you but for now please Re-install Ubuntu on my VPS and send me information.
Thanks in advance.

(01-24-2019, 07:14 AM)sagher Wrote: i have the same VPS-9 and its normal for me. whenever i done reboot command the connections goes end. and putty said connection refused because your machine is going to reboot. they don't replied any further command answer that your vps is going to reboot. just reboot silently. u just have to do that close putty and reopen it after 30sec approx and try to login again.

Are you using Ubuntu? or anyother operating system?Do you use ( apt-get update & apt-get upgrades ) update commands.As deanhills mentioned that this problem is in the ubuntu update.

@Rehan Please check PM for details. Ubuntu 16.04 X86 64 has been reinstalled.
Terminal
(01-24-2019, 03:03 PM)deanhills Wrote: @Rehan  Please check PM for details.  Ubuntu 16.04 X86 64 has been reinstalled.

A lot of thanks.VPS is working fine now.
@sagher i am still waiting for your reply.still I have not used the update/upgrade commands.Tell me if you use or not?Because as deanhills said the problem is in ubuntu update so i am not going to update until your reply.

(01-24-2019, 10:54 AM)Rehan Wrote: Alright! You are right.Also @Hidden Refuge is also right, i was facing some problems regarding letsencrypt ssl certificate.Next time for reboot i shall PM you but for now please Re-install Ubuntu on my VPS and send me information.
Thanks in advance.

Are you using Ubuntu? or anyother operating system?Do you use ( apt-get update & apt-get upgrades ) update commands.As deanhills mentioned that this problem is in the ubuntu update.

i have debian 9 x64 bit. and yes i use same commands. ( apt-get update & apt-get upgrades ).
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
(01-25-2019, 05:55 AM)sagher Wrote: i have debian 9 x64 bit. and yes i use same commands. ( apt-get update & apt-get upgrades ).

Oka.Thanks for your reply.Actually i am using Ubuntu.I shall try my best to manage it.If i fail to manage it i shall try Debian but for now i am going to use update/upgrade.
Alright! @deanhills for now you can lock the topic.

Thread closed as requested by author. Please feel free to open a new thread if the issue should reoccur.
Terminal
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
09-13-2019, 03:19 AM
Last Post: deanhills

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting