arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Contabo - 5.5US$/m (year rate) - 8GB RAM - 200GB SSD
I've been eyeing Contabo for a long time, and finally did the deed today.  I put in an order for a Contabo VPS.  I probably can't afford it, but when I was in the UAE I got a prepaid debit card which I use with PayPal for online purchases, and it was winking at me today.

Here are the specs for Contabo.  Note that the 5.5 US$/month is when one takes it for a year.  Otherwise it's around 6 US$/month.  Still VERY CHEAP for the specs one gets.  Gigarocket is using a Contabo server, so I've come to really like Contabo through them.  Speed at Gigarocket has been fantastic, as well as reliable performance.  So hope I'll be getting the same.

Here are some important links for checking Contabo out:

Contabo VPS Plans
Contabo FAQs
Contabo TOS

Here are the specs for the order I put in:

Quote:VPS S SSD
CPU: four cores
Intel® Xeon® E5-2620v3, E5-2630v4 or 4114 processor
8 GB RAM (guaranteed)
200 SSD GB disk space

Unlimited traffic
200 Mbit/s port
DDoS protection

Panel
VNC access
1 IP address included
/64 IPv6 network included
1 snapshot included

Source: https://contabo.com/?show=vps
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
I think this thread should be moved to "Cheap VPS Providers" section.
Premium Web Hosting | ShadowCrypt | Manal Shaikh Official Website
If you find my post/thread useful, you're supposed to +rep me. 
that is absurdly good specs at usd 6 ! my only gripe..they got 200 mbits port speed.

They say 4 cores. How hard can you put them to use ? Gotta check the faqs now.

edit.

check the used server price here.
https://contabo.com/?show=server_buying

rip offs man !
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
That's very cheap! Damn it.
A Vultr or DO gave users 1GB RAM for $5 while Contabo give 8GB RAM for only $6!

How about the location? I don't find any location details in their VPS plans. And what's "guaranteed" on the RAM one? I see they put guaranteed everywhere for every VPS plans.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
My previous experience with Contabo was not that great.

The main problem was their network. Network speed was not good. My server would also go down occasionally. The downtime was short, but it occurred almost every month.

$6 for 4 core and 8gb is extremely cheap . the network is still 200mb but it is better than 100mb but worse than gigabit that most vps get . But for most of the time the speed is shared and you cannot full throttle at most time except ifnyou buy dedicated speedn
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
I think it's too cheap!
But it's cheap with network problems! That is very slow!
Be the reason!
I reject it is cheap! Because the connection offered is very slow!
That will affect Global Traffic which is quite large!
Terminal
Solo Developer
(03-11-2019, 07:58 AM)chanalku91 Wrote: I think it's too cheap!
But it's cheap with network problems! That is very slow!
Be the reason!
I reject it is cheap! Because the connection offered is very slow!
That will affect Global Traffic which is quite large!

I noticed the connection too @chanalku91. However, my experience with speed is at Gigarocket. It's much faster than with OVH before that had the 1GB upload connection.

Check Gigarocket and tell me whether it's slow for you.
https://www.gigarocket.net/forum/

Warning though. Turns out Contabo wants personal ID or verification when one signs up. If I'd known that I'd probably not have put in an order. They didn't mention this up front, or I could have missed it in the fine print when I completed the application.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
there is setup fee also for a month it cost €4.99, for 3 months €3.99, for 6 months €2.49 and for a year it will be be free of cost setup but still it's cheap €48/yr (approx 53$) x2 CPU, 4GB Ram (Guaranteed), 200 GB Space SSD boosted, Unlimited traffic and many more features.

I remember i saw that site months ago when i was searching for colocation details for knowledge. i didn't check their VPS price.
Terminal
Best Regards,
Global Moderator of Post4VPS 

I visited the site, couldn't understand which vps plan u bought, can u share the exact link?

Also, I haven't heard good reviews from contabo, this comes from the Minecraft community since I never tried them myself I cannot say how they'll perform, but hopefully you like their service.
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
Pages (2):
lockThread Closed 

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting