arrow_upward

Pages (20): Jump to page 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corona Virus ? where did this come from ?
(03-21-2020, 09:50 AM)fChk Wrote: At this stage, we're all susceptible to get infected at some point. The idea of instituting lock-downs nation-wide is to keep the infection rate as low as possible to not overwhelm a given nation's health services infrastructure; hence the new buzz-word of "flattening the curve (of infection)" by spreading it over a longer time period.

The Lock-down has been extended for another month over here. The score is as follow:
Quote:Confirmed: 8,508
Recovering: 7565
Deaths: 211

As for the lockdown, it has largely been respected so far, but people have started to become restless.
VirMach's Buffalo_VPS-9 Holder (Dec. 20 - July 21)
microLXC's Container Holder (july 20 - ?)
VirMach's Phoenix_VPS-9 Holder (Apr. 20 - June 20)
NanoKVM's NAT-VPS Holder (jan. 20 - ?)
@fChk
Morocco seems to be doing great ! ( from the published stats online)

the curve is a testament to your countries success in this matter ! awesome ..

sadly we are fast moving towards a very bad situation. over 11k new cases and 350 deaths per day now.

and i am so disgusted by the politicians and the people around them. i hope they get buried in the next vote. but i guess that is to much to expect.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
The sitaution is really worse in Pakistan, The goverment opened up the lockdown due to Eid-Ul-Fitr and now the cases has just risen to 120K, The lockdown is still open, Yesterday i went outside to buy bread and stuff and i saw people playing cricket and all and on shops some people arent using masks at all and there is so much crowd. 2 weeks back everyday almost less than thousand cases used to be registered, Now 5K cases everyday from 90K to 120K in just 3 days. Not sure whats the goverment is gonna do, And not sure people will gonna listen as well. I dont know the reason at all why people are outside, I went to a gift shop to buy something important, I saw people were buying stationary pencils without masks. Is it really important to these stuff at this time? People are not listening at all no distance at all no masks nothing! Hospitals resources are exhausted as well.
Thanks to ReadyDedis and Post4VPS for the amazing VPS 7!

(06-12-2020, 01:56 AM)sAmI Wrote: ..... I went to a gift shop to buy something important, I saw people were buying stationary pencils without masks. Is it really important to these stuff at this time? People are not listening at all no distance at all no masks nothing! Hospitals resources are exhausted as well.

Oh my god, it is sad to know the people in Pakistan are basically not wearing masks and are not listening to the government advice.

And I know that Pakistan is a very populated country. If the virus continues to spread out in this country, surely sooner or later this will also affect its neighbouring countries as well as the rest of the world.

So it is a bad news for everyone.

In my country Pakistan the total Numbers are now : 140,000 Plus and daily ratio of infected people appears is about 5000 to 6000 .
Death ratio is more then 3000. and majority is elder peoples more then 60 age. recovery is about 54K. but overall ratio of cases is increases very fast. government is not serious in this scenario. they partially lockdown areas and treatment facilities are worse.
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
I'm very sketchy about stats these days.  Like for me there are many other factors to consider before one stacks one country's stats against another.  

1. Demographics - total population, age of population, per capita income of the population

2. Number of tests that have been performed - usually the higher the number of tests the better the chance that numbers can be higher in particularly hot spots than in a country where less tests are performed.

3. The way stats are recorded and the general quality of the tests.  The level of sophistication and qualifications of those recording it.  Cases can be behind.  Like the less sophisticated and lacking in manpower the longer it takes for the test results to become available.  The longer it takes to analyze the tests, the greater the chance the test samples are no longer viable and will be tested negative by default. So there may be many positive cases that aren't accounted for, or not even tested.  Also with deaths, numbers are some times exaggerated, when after a while in the hot spots every death after a while gets counted as Covid-19. There are also missing cases as hospitals may be too full, and people get sick at home and those cases don't get tested. Then we also have politics at the local Dept of Health who have to tie all of the tests together. They may hang on it for ages to play with the numbers for their district. 

4. Not all test kits are equal to one another and some may be more accurate than others, varying from country to country.  They are also scarce.  Usually when a country goes into many many cases, they limit their tests to only those showing symptoms, health workers and those who have been knowingly exposed.  They no longer search for asymptomatic carriers as they just don't have the resources or spare kits available to do so. That's usually when all hell breaks lose and the virus explodes.

Where I am we are in serious problems. All of our local hospitals are full. I live in one of the poorest areas of South Africa with a much smaller budget to create new beds and also underqualified managers and a serious lack of medical staff. There are no longer any beds available for any one. I also live in a small village, so hopefully God is looking after us.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
OMG dean !! though i don't live in a small village (this is the capital of this state), our respective situations are so similar. government still claiming that
1) community transmission has not started in India ( even after 20000 new cases per day),
2) asymptomatic patients are not to be afraid of. they have no symptoms. so they are not sneezing. so not spreading droplets laden with infective virus. ( i mean what kind of retards try to play with words and definitions like this in this time of epidemic !? and sadly they will remain in power ! )
3) that we still have beds left in government hospitals. though the truth is no treatment is happening in those places and not even adequate beds and ventilators. they didn't scale up bed and ventilator count that much during the starting phases of lockdown.

it is a country ever plagued by bad to evil politicians. sadly !!
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
Has any one come across recent comments about the origin of the virus? In two most recent discussions I had, one with an epidemiologist no less, he said it is not proven, but there is a good chance that following the first cases of SARS a couple of years before the outbreak of Covid 19, that the Chinese have been testing the SARS virus in laboratories, and since the virus is not easy to contain, it could have come out that way too. I thought this was a conspiracy story when I first heard it, but it seems to be a serious theory that is still being investigated.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
(01-23-2021, 05:52 AM)deanhills Wrote: Has any one come across recent comments about the origin of the virus? In two most recent discussions I had, one with an epidemiologist no less, he said it is not proven, but there is a good chance that following the first cases of SARS a couple of years before the outbreak of Covid 19, that the Chinese have been testing the SARS virus in laboratories, and since the virus is not easy to contain, it could have come out that way too. I thought this was a conspiracy story when I first heard it, but it seems to be a serious theory that is still being investigated.

I think its very probably that China released the virus intentionally, I think stats say that China was not nearly as effected as USA, and furthermore, If China was really working on something as disruptive I think they wouldn't let it slip that easily.

Personally I find it a bit puzzling too that we've had one major pandemic every century, and had pandemic in 1920, 1820, and even 1720...coincidence?
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
It is so horrible that people still talk about this virus is man made and spread as a war to other countries. but I don't believe it. as in early report Russia blame that America produce this virus to destroy China economy specially after Huawei incidence. and after a while when America got victim of this virus then news spread that China make it for America. however. the result is now whole world is victim of this killing pandemic. specially poor countries. not only with Corona but also as after effect of Lockdown. poverty, hunger ...!
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
Pages (20): Jump to page 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting