arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
CubeData  VPS 8 Review | Cubedata
Sup guys? How are you today?
I'm going to have a review (again) for my second VPS I got from Post4VPS.
A VPS 8 from @cubedata!

I did review my first VPS, VPS 10, you can take a look on that here.
I'll use review template from my first review thread.
Let's go!

VPS specs:

Quote:Disk Space 50 GB
RAM: 4 GB RAM
IP Addresses: 1x IPv4
Virtualization: Xen HVM
Monthly Traffic: unmetered
Control Panel: SolusVM
Connection: 1 GBit/s
Provided by: CubeData
Terms: TOS & AUP
Requirements: Backlinks to CubeData and Post4VPS

Then, the mainstream part, benchmark: (Thanks to @"Hidden Refuge" for your benchmark script).
Quote:Benchmark started on Fri Oct 12 21:27:56 WITA 2018
Full benchmark log: /home/username/bench.log

System Info
-----------
Processor       : Intel® Xeon® CPU           X5560  @ 2.80GHz
CPU Cores       : 2
Frequency       : 2800.177 MHz
Memory          : 3929 MB
Swap            :  MB
Uptime          : 51 days, 9:22,

OS              : Debian GNU/Linux 9
Arch            : x86_64 (64 Bit)
Kernel          : 4.9.0-4-amd64
Hostname        : nah.

Speedtest (IPv4 only)
---------------------
Your public IPv4 is nah.

Location                Provider        Speed
CDN                     Cachefly        11.2MB/s

Atlanta, GA, US         Coloat          4.01MB/s
Dallas, TX, US          Softlayer       11.2MB/s
Seattle, WA, US         Softlayer       9.30MB/s
San Jose, CA, US        Softlayer       7.74MB/s
Washington, DC, US      Softlayer       7.57MB/s

Tokyo, Japan            Linode          2.36MB/s
Singapore               Softlayer       3.44MB/s

Rotterdam, Netherlands  id3.net         4.73MB/s
Haarlem, Netherlands    Leaseweb        11.2MB/s

Disk Speed
----------
I/O (1st run)   : 229 MB/s
I/O (2nd run)   : 224 MB/s
I/O (3rd run)   : 206 MB/s
Average I/O     : 219.667 MB/s

It's really good isn't it? Haha!
Seems the Swap doesn't show correctly, let me use "free -m" instead,
Quote:              total        used        free      shared  buff/cache   available
Mem:           3929        2048         539         190        1341        1446
Swap:          4212          79        4133
AFAIK, we can custom swap. But I leave my machine to choose swap for me.
(Ubuntu also use 4GB for swap).
@Dynamo, want to edit your VPS comparison table eh?

Another mainstream part, the speedtest~
Quote:Retrieving speedtest.net configuration...
Testing from Psychz Networks (:p)...
Retrieving speedtest.net server list...
Selecting best server based on ping...
Hosted by Kansas Research and Education Network (Wichita, KS) [43.14 km]: 20.844 ms
Testing download speed................................................................................
Download: 92.63 Mbit/s
Testing upload speed....................................................................................................
Upload: 91.04 Mbit/s
Share results: http://www.speedtest.net/result/7711724031.png

Why does the speed so low eh? Hahahah. Maybe Kansas Research and Education Network's server doesn't have really good speed.

The last thing to show you is, disk usage,
Quote:Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
udev            2.0G     0  2.0G   0% /dev
tmpfs           393M   41M  353M  11% /run
/dev/xvda1       45G  6.6G   37G  16% /
tmpfs           2.0G  114M  1.9G   6% /dev/shm
tmpfs           5.0M     0  5.0M   0% /run/lock
tmpfs           2.0G     0  2.0G   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
tmpfs           393M  4.0K  393M   1% /run/user/110
tmpfs           393M   36K  393M   1% /run/user/1000
tmpfs           393M   12K  393M   1% /run/user/1001

My VPS usage:
My main usage is for website, of course. I also use this as a broadcaster from a website to a Discord server. And, I host a Discord bot also. Compared to Heroku, with VPS 8, I can get more faster data with my bot.
Then I also use my VPS as a second desktop, because I can connect to the VNC. Let me show you,
[Image: R3L0CKU]

My experience:
From paid to another free VPS, I really like this one.
It's really stable, I never get any downtime, it's uptime is good. (51 days uptime until now, really stable.)
I can reach my VPS from Indonesia with speed from about 300 up to 400 KBps! That's really nice.
@cubedata's control panel is SolusVM, pretty easy to use, I really like it tho. We can choose OS from Debian, Ubuntu, CentOS, or even Windows Server! (Both Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2016).
The one problem that appear from SolusVM is, I can't set my reserve DNS, it always shows error.
But I believe, @cubedata can solve this problem. No need to worry.

Then, they also give me VNC. As I have the screenshot I linked before. Sometimes I use the VNC as my second desktop, so if I need to do something that will take so much time, I just can use VNC then disconnect, then if I want to check the progress, I can open it again.

It's Xen HVM, a full virtualization, now I can know how to install Ubuntu or Debian from GUI, not only from panel that panel take cares all of them, but I can customize what I want to customize. And ofter, the server offer a GUI, like Debian with their Desktop environment, or with Ubuntu we can install GNOME. That's really easy to help me work with it.
Soon I'll install CentOS on this machine, I'll give you all a screenshot how VNC works on OS installation :p.

Ah I forgot something, it has a VNC, then yes, sometimes I move a big data from slow server into another fast hosting server like Google Drive with this VPS. I can make my life easier with this!

That's all from me!
Thanks to @cubedata and Post4VPS for this VPS 8, such a great VPS to have one.
great review for a great vps . the only problem for n00b people like @OldMeister that can only use windows . is that you need proper license to run windows but for me who cares about windows . linux is much better for server or even desktop (except gaming) . windows server takes huge resource hit and if you already know linux it is much easier to work with .most server application are available in linux anyway

it uses older processor but it is kvm . compared to my vps 9 it have slightly slower speed and the disk speed is a little bit slower (my vps 9 is about 300MB/s) but my vps unfortunately is still a openvz whereas the vps 8 is kvm

lastly KVM isnt all about windows . KVM doesnt only mean you can run windows on it it is about the lower layer of virtualization and that mean more compatibility with other thing such as kernel . in kvm you can use any kernel but in openvz you stuck on 2.6 kernel the problem is that some application like docker for example require newer kernel so openvz vps just cannot run docker and cannot run apps that use docker like pterodactyl for example . KVM also allow you to control the swap whatever you want if you want you can allocate 90% of your disk to your swap but it is totally not reccomended . openvz cannot get that feature because it uses higher level of virtualization

there still advantage to openvz though like a little bit higher performance , lower overhead than kvm and lower price . because KVM virtualization have overhead because it doing some virtualization whereas openvz is tehnically just a glorified chroot .
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
Kinda strange. It seems your network speed is capped at 11.2MB/s even for cachefly.

This makes me feel like it is a 100 Mbps network, not 1Gbps.

Apart from it, this VPS comes with unmetered monthly traffic which is a really nice thing.

(10-13-2018, 08:48 AM)tryp4vps Wrote: Kinda strange. It seems your network speed is capped at 11.2MB/s even for cachefly.

Apart from it, this VPS comes with unmetered monthly traffic which is a really nice thing.

there a lot of factor for that speed . it can be because other vps are using it because that 1GBit is shared across other client / vps . or it can be the dedicated server / datacenter speed . i dont know but the tldr is that it isnt a dedicated speed
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
(10-13-2018, 08:48 AM)tryp4vps Wrote: Kinda strange. It seems your network speed is capped at 11.2MB/s even for cachefly.

Yep, @humanpuff69 is true.
The connection should be shared to another VPS network. So I can expect for lower speed, but it's stable from US to Indonesia, so I don't really care about it.

@humanpuff69, I really like the KVM that VPS 8 have.
From my side it's really helpful, I've a VPS 15 from FreeVPS before, and it used OpenVZ. I don't even understand anything lol.
From now, if I decided to buy a VPS or what, I only want to select for KVM.

Also, most KVM include UFW inside, so I don't need to download it again, and UFW works great for my firewall.
Didn't know that the VPS host can provide VNC with a VPS. That is definitely a great tool to have. How does it work? Do you activate it through the SolusVM panel?

I wonder how it would have worked if I had it available when I was doing that huge download from the WayBack Machine? Maybe much faster?
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
@deanhills,
Yep, I activated it with SolusVM.
https://imgur.com/a/Uj9Ul6U

So then with this I can costum thing.
I also can custom the other thing like network card, there is 3 available network card, then I can select one. But I don't know which card is the best :p, so then I leave it default.

Wayback machine? Will take a look on that, and see. Even if it's slow, I can leave it downloads while I disconnected from the VNC :p.

That's why, even if I there is VPS 9 again, I don't really intrested this time hahaha.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
(10-14-2018, 06:43 AM)tiwil Wrote: @deanhills,

That's why, even if I there is VPS 9 again, I don't really intrested this time hahaha.

I love my VPS 9.  But yes, VPS 8 has an ace up its sleeve there.  Kudos to @cubedata for some great configuration there.  Well done! Cool
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
basically, this vps is pretty great.

only "downsides" are (these are not my downsides in choosing @cubedata service or do any business):
- new user in the industry will have lots of problems as you need to install system manually.
- @cubedata can sometimes have moments that goes a little too far (but as long as you use his vps in a normal way nothing is wrong).

but things I really like here:
- as @deanhills mentioned a pretty neat config.
- and fair use unmetered bandwidth.
- long time sponsor of @post4vps. definitely reliable to have some demi production going around.
- knows what I have on his nodes. he acts pretty quick on situations.
(10-14-2018, 09:56 AM)perryoo11 Wrote: but things I really like here:
- knows what I have on his nodes. he acts pretty quick on situations.

Agreed with the quoted text, when I have some problem like connection problem or etc, he came and solve that very quick. Very quick I mean, I can't open a ticket and should open a thread, but then he came and solve very quick.
Maybe he opens this forum every 2 day, or even less if he got email? Don't know hahaha.
But ya, my problem got solved in less than a day, like only 2 or 3 hours after I posted.

I currently SFTPing to my VPS 8 from my Vultr VPS, then, the speed is nice la to Singapore location,
Quote:sftp> get vestabackup.tar
Fetching /backup/vestabackup.tar to vestabackup.tar
/backup/vestabackup.tar 100% 38MB 6.9MB/s 00:05

I satisfied with the speed lol hahaha.
Pages (2):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
07-18-2021, 08:47 AM
Last Post: fChk
 Evolution Host  VPS 10 Review
05-31-2021, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Decent12
 Evolution Host  VPS 10 Review
05-31-2021, 07:02 PM
Last Post: Decent12
 Host4Fun  VPS 1 Review
05-11-2021, 10:34 PM
Last Post: fChk
04-30-2021, 10:02 AM
Last Post: Sn1F3rt

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting