arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So I have been using CyberPanel since March and so far I'm having a pretty smooth ride. I haven't tried everything and just using basic features so far but I  did sort out almost all the problems I have encountered. It gonna take a bit of time to figure the interface since it's not exactly cPanel (I'm too used to cPanel). I always prefer using a panel to SSH for various reasons I have mentioned so many times here. I handle many websites so having a panel save me time as well as any messes I might make while using SSH. Plus it gives me a chance to let my clients have limited control over their sites.

Virtualmin used to be my favorite panel since it gives you the power to micromanage everything. But it's a complex panel which needs quite a learning curve. My biggest problem was sometimes it's quite hard to get support from developers. A problem I had with VestaCP too. So far CyberPanel provides excellent support. Plus I can do everything through the GUI interface like taking care of PHP Extensions and configurations, and security tasks such as Managing Firewall, Modsecurity, CSF in a very easy way.

Since VestaCP seems to be officially dead and next-in-line are not so user-friendly this might be the best alternative you have if you are looking for a free hosting panel to migrate. I 've created this topic as a general discussion thread for CyberPanel since I couldn't find one.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

(10-11-2020, 02:12 PM)xdude Wrote: So I have been using CyberPanel since March and so far I'm having a pretty smooth ride. I haven't tried everything and just using basic features so far but I  did sort out almost all the problems I have encountered. It gonna take a bit of time to figure the interface since it's not exactly cPanel (I'm too used to cPanel). I always prefer using a panel to SSH for various reasons I have mentioned so many times here. I handle many websites so having a panel save me time as well as any messes I might make while using SSH. Plus it gives me a chance to let my clients have limited control over their sites.

Virtualmin used to be my favorite panel since it gives you the power to micromanage everything. But it's a complex panel which needs quite a learning curve. My biggest problem was sometimes it's quite hard to get support from developers. A problem I had with VestaCP too. So far CyberPanel provides excellent support. Plus I can do everything through the GUI interface like taking care of PHP Extensions and configurations, and security tasks such as Managing Firewall, Modsecurity, CSF in a very easy way.

Since VestaCP seems to be officially dead and next-in-line are not so user-friendly this might be the best alternative you have if you are looking for a free hosting panel to migrate. I 've created this topic as a general discussion thread for CyberPanel since I couldn't find one.

Just to be specific, are you using CyberPanel or OpenCyberPanel? OpenCyberPanel is the free version, CyberPanel is the enterprise version which can be used on 1 site for free. I've not tried it yet but I did browse the docs a bit, and it looks promising.

I notice on the system requirements it asks for 1GB of ram, which seems like a lot for a panel. I've used webmin for years and it chugs along happily with much less, depending on which modules you're using. I wonder if the requirements are strict for cyberpanel, or if it might be possible to run it with less.
(10-11-2020, 05:29 PM)fitkoh Wrote: Just to be specific, are you using CyberPanel or OpenCyberPanel? OpenCyberPanel is the free version, CyberPanel is the enterprise version which can be used on 1 site for free. I've not tried it yet but I did browse the docs a bit, and it looks promising.

I notice on the system requirements it asks for 1GB of ram, which seems like a lot for a panel. I've used webmin for years and it chugs along happily with much less, depending on which modules you're using. I wonder if the requirements are strict for cyberpanel, or if it might be possible to run it with less.

Wrong.

There’s only one variant of CyberPanel... which is CyberPanel (budum tss).

What you’re actually talking about is OpenLiteSpeed and LiteSpeed enterprise (the web servers CyberPanel supports).

CyberPanel gives you the option of which you’d want to use during the installation phase. If you go for OpenLiteSpeed, there are absolutely no limits and it’s completely free.

However, if you go for LiteSpeed enterprise (which is more fine tuned for enterprise applications, hence the name), you’ll need to purchase a license for it, which CyberPanel made quite easy through their own site as they’ve partnered with LiteSpeed technologies. There is a free plan for LiteSpeed enterprise, but obviously there are limits.

So just go for OpenLiteSpeed, completely free with absolutely not limits. And honestly, from my own testing, it performs the same as LiteSpeed enterprise and has the same features. So I guess one can only see the performance difference if they’re using it for a much bigger scale (a webhost for example).

(10-11-2020, 02:12 PM)xdude Wrote: So I have been using CyberPanel since March and so far I'm having a pretty smooth ride. I haven't tried everything and just using basic features so far but I  did sort out almost all the problems I have encountered. It gonna take a bit of time to figure the interface since it's not exactly cPanel (I'm too used to cPanel). I always prefer using a panel to SSH for various reasons I have mentioned so many times here. I handle many websites so having a panel save me time as well as any messes I might make while using SSH. Plus it gives me a chance to let my clients have limited control over their sites.

I’ve been using CyberPanel pretty much since November of last year, and I’m in love!

I’ve tried all sorts of panels, but none of them were anywhere nearly as good as CyberPanel. And i mean NONE. Not even cPanel. Sure, cPanel has a nicer UI, but in terms of features, CyberPanel has stuff that cPanel doesn’t (a docker manager as an example).

To add to that, the CyberPanel devs are always hard at work. If you experience any issues you can literally talk to them directly through discord (they also have a forum but support over there tends to be slow). It’s not like other panels where you either have no means of support, or you’re stuck with contacting support advisors who just give u a scripted response.

In addition, the mobile optimization in CyberPanel is HEAVEN! Literally the most mobile friendly panel I’ve used to date! (Before you say cPanel also has great mobile optimizing, no it doesn’t. I’ve found that a lot of stuff in cPanel isn’t well made for mobile). And don’t get me started with VestaCP, a true nightmare not just for mobile, but even PCs/laptops with small screens.

Oh and also, all the features are completely free with OpenLiteSpeed... and i mean ALL. Litespeed Enterprise doesn’t offer any additional features, it’s just more fine tuned for big scale usage. (Unlike, ahem ahem, VestaCP that charges for a file manager... like seriously???)

And to those complaining about bugs, again, just join their discord, let the devs know of the bug, provide them of any logs they might ask for, and they’d immediately start working on fixing it. They truly are passionate about what they’re doing.
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.
Well, after some sort of more try I finally reach the stage where I really satisfied with my Cyberpanel configuration. It's now working with the email server too. Previously Rainloop didn't work but somehow (i have no idea how) it's now working.

I really enjoyed using Cyberpanel right now and don't feel want to reset my server (as I said before in the shoutbox).

But one thing doesn't work, the email policy. When I turned it on, it closes my outgoing main port. None of three 25, 465, and 587 work when turning on email policy. But when I turn it off, then it's working.

Anyway I also modified some script to backup to Mega instead of google drive. I will share in my github and probably open a thread to explain how it works? :p
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
(10-20-2020, 12:00 PM)tiwil Wrote: Well, after some sort of more try I finally reach the stage where I really satisfied with my Cyberpanel configuration. It's now working with the email server too. Previously Rainloop didn't work but somehow (i have no idea how) it's now working.

I really enjoyed using Cyberpanel right now and don't feel want to reset my server (as I said before in the shoutbox).

But one thing doesn't work, the email policy. When I turned it on, it closes my outgoing main port. None of three 25, 465, and 587 work when turning on email policy. But when I turn it off, then it's working.

Anyway I also modified some script to backup to Mega instead of google drive. I will share in my github and probably open a thread to explain how it works? :p

Please do share any tips for someone looking at getting started! With my business one thing I want to start looking into is panel/email hosting along with my usual web design/development services. I think for clients to be able to have a one stop shop and then being able to troubleshoot and keep the whole suite as a whole managed under one umbrella would be a great service to offer.
Thank you to CubeData and Posts4VPS for the services of VPS 8.
(10-21-2020, 03:34 PM)tbelldesignco Wrote: Please do share any tips for someone looking at getting started! With my business one thing I want to start looking into is panel/email hosting along with my usual web design/development services. I think for clients to be able to have a one stop shop and then being able to troubleshoot and keep the whole suite as a whole managed under one umbrella would be a great service to offer.

Have you installed the CyberPanel?  I haven't tested the mail part either. I should do that even though I won't be running any dedicated mail servers. I want to make sure all usual mail options are working. Not for advanced users but the below blog post helped me when I was searching about it.

Quote:https://blog.cyberpanel.net/2018/05/15/a...yberpanel/

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

(10-21-2020, 04:37 PM)xdude Wrote: Have you installed the CyberPanel?  I haven't tested the mail part either. I should do that even though I won't be running any dedicated mail servers. I want to make sure all usual mail options are working. Not for advanced users but the below blog post helped me when I was searching about it.

I have not, I am looking at different options for resale hosting where I could build hosting into my business model and provide monthly service and maintenance for my clients.
Thank you to CubeData and Posts4VPS for the services of VPS 8.
(10-21-2020, 06:35 PM)tbelldesignco Wrote: I have not, I am looking at different options for resale hosting where I could build hosting into my business model and provide monthly service and maintenance for my clients.

Well, you should try Cyberpanel. I think there might be some bug in the panel but it's good for normal and not so many customized thing.

One thing I noticed is how hard to setup Cyberpanel DKIM key for other DNS provider. I have no idea how to setup it and now my email sent as unsigned from my server. Well, Limitless Hosting's IP is good so my message come to inbox instead of spam easily after getting all my DNS configured (MX, SPF, and DMARC. DKIM is hard to configure, no idea).
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
Well I wouldn't agree here @xdude especially because CyberPanel isn't the best of panels not is OpenLiteSpeed the best server.

You may argue that it's light, but at any time I'd prefer a Apache + Nginx combo web server. This is independent of whether I use Vesta or not, I've seperate VPSes for my customers where there isn't VestaCP but I've installed Apache and Nginx (reverse proxy).

Coming to VestaCP, the official project is dead yeah. But there are many VestaCP forks which ate actively maintained. Depending on the OS, you might wanna take a look at HestiaCP for Ubuntu/Debian (there's another one too, I can't recall at the moment not find it on search), and for CentOS we have https://github.com/madeITBelgium/vesta

The CentOS one is what I use ours actively and well-maintained, plus it has the original VestaCP style and I've a file manager license too which makes it a really charming panel. Just a recommendation, probably you might wanna try first on a separate machine or a container. Smile
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
I totally agree with @Sohamb03 's point of view on the apache + nginx combo. I experienced the difference just when I started to use VPSs the first time in 2014. I was trying out different panels on a VPS with only 512 GB RAM and 10 GB disk space. Most of the popular free ones such as WEBUZO and Webmin dragged. VestaCP was light and fast from the beginning. That's how I landed with this panel. Due to spec constraints. VestaCP at that time was still a beginner free panel and support documentation was seriously lacking, but since then and while it was actively supported, it has built a power house of docs in its Forum and Website. It's a pity that support for it has been lacking since last year September, but as @Sohamb03 mentioned, there are a few forks around.

I'd be very interested though if any one else should come across a similar VestaCP best of apache + nginx in a combo. I know HestiaCP must have it - it's a panel that was developed by some of the support staff of VestaCP when they left VestaCP, but I've heard rumours there are hickups. So far I'm sticking with VestaCP and crossing my fingers it's still OK to do.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Pages (2):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting