arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Damn Shit! I can not write my words here.I lost my 2TB Data. -Dodgy  Last night i was searching for some Ubuntu tutorials.I found that ubuntu on desktop looks very good.So i decided to donwload and install it on my pc.I downloaded the ISO and made a Bootable a usb and started the Ubuntu installation.During the installation i was very that i am the one and only using Linux in my Region.When the installation was finished i found that i lost my whole data.I don't know how i made the mistake and the all partitaions were deleted and ubuntu was installed in whole drive.I can not express my feelings.
Please suggest me a best ( bestest :Big Grin ) data recovery.

Thanks to Post4VPS and Hostlease for their great services.  
how on earth do people like this survive... well.. sorry for that remark. but i had to let it out. i mean yes. I have seen some silly shyte. but this...

don't you ever read what is there on the dialogue boxes that come up on your computer? now look what that led you to. also People like you get easily infected by malware... so I hope you will be careful from now on.

it went into option, use whole drive, somehow. because you did not change.

now all you can do is cry your hearts out. I mean ya. you can use recuva or some some similar software. but where are you going to store the recovered data for checking ? not all modes in all recovery softwares will work. so you will have to do a lot of trial error. without damage to original hdd data or whatever is left of it anyway. lot of files will come back as recovered. but few will work.

I think it is pointless. rather buy a good data plan and download things back. also from now on, never forget to do offsite backup of real important data.

edit. stop using the hdd. boot from UBCD (write on a bootable usb drive). check the effectiveness of the recovery softwares in the menu there. they are the best ones. but use another hdd to dump files recovered and check if they are ok.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
Its a pretty common mistake when you are installing linux for the very first time . i think Ubuntu doesn't  show the "install alongside windows "option until there is free unallocated partition .
you could use recuva but you would have to reinstall windows again that would probably make the deleted data more corrupt. since you have ubuntu you should try testdisk which is really powerfull
recover lost data using TestDisk
(12-16-2018, 09:53 AM)triple Wrote: Its a pretty common mistake when you are installing linux for the very first time .
Haha .... I'm not sure it's a common mistake - like people usually do their research first as they'd be scared to lose their data, but at least the silver lining is that one now has a project to find a way to recover the lost data.  So thanks for your suggestion.  I'd have loved to try this out.  Hopefully @Rehan will try your suggestion so we can find out whether it works.  Big Grin  

I found the following review of the software at TechRadar - as well as a list of alternative software.  Nice to know it's free.  Completely curious to know how good/difficult it is to use. I've already learned something. That the data is still there, but you have to find it - so the tools are there to find and recover the data bit by bit.
https://www.techradar.com/reviews/testdisk-and-photorec

BTW here is a discussion by someone who was experimenting with loading Linux the first time that shows care and good sense:
https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions/...irtualbox/
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
I think it is not easy to recover all those data, you better follow Rudra. Buy a good data plan and get files, between it was ridiculous to play with 2 TB data, you may not know what was in it. And how it will work after you use a recovery software. How much space do you have in your drive.

Thank you  Sweet

Data erase without any confirmation dialogbox is strange. and hope so you are tired and not seen or read before accepting conditions. in windows installation the partition delete process is not so simple as one click. a proper partition tab is open and ask on any step you like to perform.
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
It depends actually.
If it's fully formated, then the data are gone. But if it's only "quick format" like Windows mostly does, then it's still there.

I would suggest you to search "EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard", it's worth it to use. I find this is very useful for my formatted disk.
And it's really give you back the data you lost.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
Sad to hear that u lost ur 2TB files but you may learn a lesson from this, anyways you have to try @deanhills suggestion because there is no choices + he is experienced Smile
if the data is overwritten . the chance of getting back the data is ver slim. other time learn to always backup your data . data is one of the most important thing in yoir computer

but if ubuntu just overwrite a little bit . not all of them some can still be recovered . but it require a higher skill
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
I am sorry that this happen to you, but I can't stress this enough. Next time Make backups daily or at least once a week. Use the 3-2-1 backup rule
Vladimir S.
BladeNode.com | Shared Hosting | VPS Hosting | Dedicated Hosting

Pages (2):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting