arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you do the backup of your devices and how regularly do you do it?
(05-16-2020, 03:39 AM)sohamb03 Wrote: To be honest, I trust Google Drive and OneDrive more than a USB backup although that would be the easiest. However, I've my reasons for it. I'm sorta careless guy, and I've gotten my hands off a couple USBs till now, one of them being my teacher's Tongue.

Google Drive and another cloud service are the easiest way to backup, I think. But the only problem to backup my laptop or phone is I don't have the bandwidth to do that. My internet bandwidth is limited around like 30GB/month. That might be enough to save some but not all of them. Also, Google Drive only gives me around 15GB since I'm not using their plan.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
Well, my broadband connection has a lot more bandwidth. I've 150GB data per month. So I can upload almost anything I want.

Moreover, I've two Google Accounts so two Drive too (30GB). But even then, I couldn't even exhaust the storage of one of them. What stuff do you backup that you need more than 15GB on GDrive? I've hardly used 6GB. ;)
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
(05-18-2020, 12:47 PM)sohamb03 Wrote: Well, my broadband connection has a lot more bandwidth. I've 150GB data per month. So I can upload almost anything I want.

Moreover, I've two Google Accounts so two Drive too (30GCool. But even then, I couldn't even exhaust the storage of one of them. What stuff do you backup that you need more than 15GB on GDrive? I've hardly used 6GB. Wink

Yeah, bandwidth is the one I'm struggling with. I also don't have enough USB stick to back up my data and if I do, my HDD won't let me transfer the data that fast. I'm struggling with almost anything!

I probably need to move some of my data a little bit but regularly to VPS then backup it somewhere. I can ensure this will work.
Anyway, for program script, I prefer to use Github or Gitlab not only as a version control but also to do the backup.

Anyone can help me with my struggle? Hahaha.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
I see. Network bandwidth bring low is a major trouble for many people, not only you and this case, there are others too whom I know.

Either way, if you can't upload your files to the cloud, backing out up on hardware is your only choice. You were talking of getting a new laptop. I think you should get a couple USB drives alongside too, cuz losing data can be very problematic (speaking from personal experience). Wink
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
I back up only important files and do not back up big files. I keep my back up both in google drive and a pen drive. I had a big data loss before some years, on those days my forum was popular and was getting a good payment from monetization. But loss of the server cost me everything and I was never able to get back that website and those visitors. Everything vanished in the time.
Now I don't believe in just a server, I tries to keep back up always, but sometimes it's much time consuming. Nowadays auto google back up also not working using gdrive.

Thank you  Sweet

(05-19-2020, 04:58 AM)tiwil Wrote: ..... Anyone can help me with my struggle? Hahaha.

@tiwil Do you have any mega account?

I think if Google Drive is not big enough for your backup usages, mega is a good alternative.

Because if your mega account is old enough, you should have 50GB for each free account.

Even for new accounts, they also provide 15GB for each. Smile

to be honest i kinda rarely backup and that is a bad thing . dont follow me . always backup your file

when i backup my file i mostly use google drive because i have an unlimited account . that is for offsite backup . for onsite i dont have any because lacks of storage that i have

(05-20-2020, 09:31 AM)tryp4vps Wrote: @tiwil Do you have any mega account?

I think if Google Drive is not big enough for your backup usages, mega is a good alternative.

Because if your mega account is old enough, you should have 50GB for each free account.

Even for new accounts, they also provide 15GB for each. Smile

mega is really bad . it have a transfer limit that make the 50gb useless because before you reach the 50 gb you already lost the transfer bandwidth . i always get this stupid mega transfer limitation when i download from mega .
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
(05-21-2020, 09:41 AM)humanpuff69 Wrote: mega is really bad . it have a transfer limit that make the 50gb useless because before you reach the 50 gb you already lost the transfer bandwidth . i always get this stupid mega transfer limitation when i download from mega .

For solely backup purpose, the transfer limit of mega should not be an issue.

Because once your files get uploaded to mega, you basically do not need to download them every day. You only want to keep the files sitting there. Smile

Pages (2):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting