arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do video games contribute to violence?
Hitler was a painter. Does that mean painting cause nazis?! Oh god! We must ban all painting!

It's the same with video games. They MUST blame something, so they point at video games at causing violence, because it is the easiest target.
in my opinion game has no clue related to valiance first of all games founded when the humanity comes so since we born we yaall always playing different games, such as cops vs criminals, fighters etc, and as you know guys news always want to point something that you can't imagine if is it true or not, what i can say for my small experience with games, valiance ain't made by games
Watch this beauty till the end..

(08-11-2019, 02:06 PM)kbartek Wrote: Hitler was a painter. Does that mean painting cause nazis?! Oh god! We must ban all painting!

It's the same with video games. They MUST blame something, so they point at video games at causing violence, because it is the easiest target.

and that is because of reason that they blame videogame

Media company is losing money and one of them is because of video game . because they hate it they make a videogame violence propaganda to make up their rating and cancel video game and stupidly enough most parent believe that propaganda
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
(08-10-2019, 08:11 AM)deanhills Wrote: What violent games are they participating in though?  Is it possible they had been exposed to different games that are not innocent?  Could it be possible that these guys, being as angry as they were joined anti-social anti-society discussion forums where they had been exposed to different kind of games simulating real-life type violence?  

Is it possible that in the same way the media is being used by politicians to manipulate us in thinking in a certain way, there are people with real bad intent roping these guys into their dark worlds in online discussion groups using games of violence that include role playing.  With the shooting incident in El Paso the mother of the guy said she had reported to the police that her son had recently purchased a gun.  Why did he purchase the gun?  Like what pre-empted this? He was a loner, so whatever emboldened him to walk into a shop to buy a gun and to feel perfectly right in doing that must have come from the Internet and probably games that he has been playing, teaching him to use a gun to kill real people.  Buying the gun could have been a logical extension from what he had experienced in role playing in games on the Internet.

What you are saying is perhaps true, but then again, blaming that on video games in general is a pathetic and ridiculous idea. Such "anti-social forums" already exist in other forms, specially on the dark web, one form is the gore community, they exist, and murders and stuff are common for them. I'd say spreading awareness and perhaps doing something of the community would be a better step than to simply say that video games cause violence which is obviously not true in any shape or form.
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
(08-13-2019, 03:34 PM)Honey Wrote: What you are saying is perhaps true, but then again, blaming that on video games in general is a pathetic and ridiculous idea. Such "anti-social forums" already exist in other forms, specially on the dark web, one form is the gore community, they exist, and murders and stuff are common for them. I'd say spreading awareness and perhaps doing something of the community would be a better step than to simply say that video games cause violence which is obviously not true in any shape or form.
OK, this works for me. You're right of course. Trump needs to back his statement up with real research before he makes it sweepingly applying it to all video games. Video games as normal people experience, don't contribute to violence. It's people who create violence. I think I get that now. Just like guns. It's not guns that kill, but people who use guns who kill. If they don't have guns, they'll find another weapon to kill.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Games are made to have fun and enjoy your free time.
From my point of view, what says Trump is just pointless "I need to find a excuses to this high violence".
Just think about it:
Videogames are international goods, but why all the most brutal things happens in the U.S? Why videogames don't make the SAME effect (speaking about quantity and brutality) on the other countries?
Maybe you can think "Because the spread of videogames  in the U.S is bigger then anywhere"... well I don't think so. In my country, Italy, videogames are popular as much as U.S, in a proportional way regarding population, and there aren't so many cases of this type of violence.

Playing a FPS game doesn't give you any gun training, playing a survival game doesn't give you any real survival tips, playing a cookie game doesn't make you a chef.

The real problem is: HOW EASY IS TO GET A WEAPON IN THE U.S AND THE "WEAPON-NEED" USELESS MIND OF U.S.
A crazy man can kill people by just having a weapon, it doesn't need any videogame input to do so.
So T is blaming videogames... but:
  • Is there any direct link between crazy gunners and videogames? ANSWER: NO
  • Did a killer do [fornite dancing|CoD citing|ANY VIDEOGAME REFERENCE] after killing someone? ANSWER: NO
The news that I can listen to from italian News Channel about U.S are of boys with knifes and guns on school and other public facilities... WHAT?
Why do you ever need a KNIFE when you go to school?
Where did a 16 year old boy get a gun? ANSWER: IN U.S GUNS ARE LIKE CANDIES. YOU CAN GET EVERYTHING YOU WANT, YOU JUST NEED MONEY.
On my country you don't see guns so often. I am speaking about normal life: school, parents, job.
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
(08-08-2019, 03:22 AM)SRTerabytes Wrote: In my experience, video gaming has only affected me minimally mentally. I've played GTA and enjoyed it. Did I want to go commit a bank robbery? No. Some people who have nothing to lose and had "terrible" lives or might be in a very depressing stage in life may be influenced by video games however but I don't think it was the game's fault because they were already in a state susceptible to carrying out criminal activity before they started playing.

The conversation on this topic is ended here with this reply. It is very much true that video game may contribute to violence but only to those who already had a bad past and who are ready to commit such genocide due to political reason or any other reason if so mentioned.
Premium Web Hosting | ShadowCrypt | Manal Shaikh Official Website
If you find my post/thread useful, you're supposed to +rep me. 
@LightDestory Thank you for your great feedback.  I think one should always keep things in perspective with regard to the US.  First of all, it has 50 HUGE states - a few Europes can fit in the US - like imagine a "United" 50 States and Europe has a problem with managing its few countries. It has 328 million people. It has a media that are like vultures.  Every one in the rest of the world probably listens more to news from the US than from their own country.  They for example have long forgotten about South Africa.  Now if you want to check up on REAL violence, and killing sometimes for the pleasure of it, then it's happening there.  One can't move freely in South Africa.  But you don't read about all the atrocities in the rest of the world, maybe just a mention now and then. Like a home invasion that happens naturally everywhere in South Africa, and also in many countries of Africa, daily is no real news any longer. So I think one should always use a BS Filter for the News.  Most of the Media are owned by conglomerates who are feeding news to manipulate the masses - I don't trust any of the news that come my way.  I sometimes wonder even whether this Trump vs Media is all rehearsed to mislead every one else.
Terminal
(08-15-2019, 08:04 AM)deanhills Wrote: @LightDestory Thank you for your great feedback.  I think one should always keep things in perspective with regard to the US.  First of all, it has 50 HUGE states - a few Europes can fit in the US - like imagine a "United" 50 States and Europe has a problem with managing its few countries. It has 328 million people. It has a media that are like vultures.  Every one in the rest of the world probably listens more to news from the US than from their own country.  They for example have long forgotten about South Africa.  Now if you want to check up on REAL violence, and killing sometimes for the pleasure of it, then it's happening there.  One can't move freely in South Africa.  But you don't read about all the atrocities in the rest of the world, maybe just a mention now and then. Like a home invasion that happens naturally everywhere in South Africa, and also in many countries of Africa, daily is no real news any longer. So I think one should always use a BS Filter for the News.  Most of the Media are owned by conglomerates who are feeding news to manipulate the masses - I don't trust any of the news that come my way.  I sometimes wonder even whether this Trump vs Media is all rehearsed to mislead every one else.
You are right, on my reply I attacked too much U.S without thinking about other aspect such us its dimensions. But I still think that getting a weapon in U.S is too easy and not much trackable.
Regarding South Africa, I didn't say anything about it because unfortunately it is in a guerrilla state (I hope that it will end soon), all the violence and brutality there is linked to human stupidity.
But what is the origin on such violence in U.S? I don't think videogames are related. Maybe TV shows? Who know?

Regarding fake news... I wish I develop sometime in the future a lie detector.
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
(08-15-2019, 09:17 AM)LightDestory Wrote: But what is the origin on such violence in U.S? I don't think videogames are related. Maybe TV shows? Who know?
I'm wondering whether the root cause is social and family.  Family values are not what they were before, like looking after one another, and looking after one's parents and grand parents, so you find so many drop outs with grudges against one another and society in general.  To get a job in the US or Canada is quite something.  Like cut throat, particularly because of the over population in all of the big cities.  It starts even with children where they are taught to win.  So when you get to a job application there are probably tens of people who equally qualify for the job.  So you have to perfect your strategies with creating just the right style CV, cover letter, interview style (master all of the test questions) approach to employer and market yourself heavily.  Thing is there is so much stress doing that, that by the time the person actually is told that someone else got the position, they're fatigued and to stay in the game you have to be very strong and resilient. And that is just the start of it. If you do get the job, you've got to stay focused as you're still competing with many candidates who want the job and hoping you may fail. So you go all out at the job even if it means stabbing someone in the back. That's more or less the atmosphere with jobs in the US. Those who don't have the strength to survive this stress, get sick, go for drugs or whatever and develop all kinds of issues that create drop outs of them. They're the ones who can easily get to be violent.

You're right about guns being too easily available, but it will be difficult to remove it as it's an alienable right of every US citizen to bear arms.  The US has got as far as to limit those arms to certain ones, but those wanting Government positions won't advocate too hard against guns, as that may loose votes for them.  There's also the thing about self-protection.  If you're not allowed to have a gun to protect yourself, what do you do when someone who isn't allowed, but does have a gun, invades your home?  How do you defend yourself against it?  Also, with 50 states and 350 million people.  How do you legislate against gun ownership overnight?  Got a lot of practical common sense issues that if it would have been easy, the US would have done something about it long ago - but it is not as easy as guns are part of the fabric of US society.

So I'd say the root cause of violence would be families no longer staying together, and mad at one another, and producing children who don't have real mothers or fathers to emulate, or have mothers or fathers who are absent, or dysfunctional and some of them can't deal with it effectively.  That is probably the root cause.  Another one I'd say would be that even though every one is preaching against this, I believe that you do get people who have been born with a character that loves to hurt all living things.  Like born to kill.  I'd imagine playing games of violence would particularly wet their appetites for the real thing.
Terminal
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
04-30-2021, 05:59 PM
Last Post: xdude
06-29-2020, 07:33 AM
Last Post: humanpuff69
05-24-2020, 04:08 PM
Last Post: sAmI

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting