arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do we gamers put too much hype on games? Do gamers influence the game industries?
I am opening this thread to discuss how we all see the gaming world in regards of games releases and the hype we put on them.

I want to start saying that our "hype" can be directly translated into "stress" to the developers, it is nothin new. We except something that requires years and years of development and testing in just few months. Let's stay that modern gamers doesn't have much patience like the old times.

For example, let's speak about Cyberpunk 2077. This game was surrounded by a HUGE hype but in fact has been an horrible launch. I am not going to blame the gamers because CD Projekt used gamers' hype to BOOST its sellings.

Nowadays we can see the results:
  • Players are unhappy about the out-come of the Cyberpunk 2077. We put too much hype into this game, a lot of announced features has been removed and the game has been released in a un-finished state because gamers WANTED IT NOW.
  • CD Projekt Red destroyed its reputation. CD Red received a lot of positives review with their previous game, The Witcher 3, but with CP 2077 they are getting fired from everywhere: SONY, GAME MAGAZINES, INVESTORS... They wanted to get the money before completing the game or they needed the money before to complete the game. Who knows. Nothing has been exposed YET.
  • Developers are TIRED and STRESSED. They have to support multiple platforms and patch everyone of them differently. Moreover the crunching is getting worsen and worsen.
Just think about early 2000, game development wasn't that stressful. But nowadays we gamers are just a branch of idiots asking for incredible experience without thinking about the effort needed to make it.

Regards,
LightDestory.
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
Excellent Thread! I totally agree with you. The "HYPE" is totally becoming a problem for game developers, They tried to delay the game but the delay just became a joke and a meme and honestly even though if the game was not that completed i can say i still enjoyed playing on PC whether there was bugs or not. They forcefully released the game just because of the people and imagine if they took their time and then released it it could be the GOTY but now it just became clearly a joke. The refunds they are gonna do must have caused them somewhere loss. I believe the problem now in gaming is people are never happy if we compare from the older times, Literally people use to say Virtual Cop 2 Graphics looks so realistic and now literally i have seen people saying wither 3 graphics is SH*T. Even if the game was completed and really well-released i'm sure people would still have many problems as they are having now. So people are never happy in any case!

If i would say what hype is for a game is "half life 3" never released never announced but still many many PEOPLE wait for it and clearly i'm one of them and after they released HALF LIfe Alyx VR game and it sure did caught some eyes of gamers.
Thanks to ReadyDedis and Post4VPS for the amazing VPS 7!

(12-28-2020, 10:13 PM)sAmI Wrote: Excellent Thread! I totally agree with you. The "HYPE" is totally becoming a problem for game developers, They tried to delay the game but the delay just became a joke and a meme and honestly even though if the game was not that completed i can say i still enjoyed playing on PC whether there was bugs or not. They forcefully released the game just because of the people and imagine if they took their time and then released it it could be the GOTY but now it just became clearly a joke. The refunds they are gonna do must have caused them somewhere loss. I believe the problem now in gaming is people are never happy if we compare from the older times, Literally people use to say Virtual Cop 2 Graphics looks so realistic and now literally i have seen people saying wither 3 graphics is SH*T. Even if the game was completed and really well-released i'm sure people would still have many problems as they are having now. So people are never happy in any case!

If i would say what hype is for a game is "half life 3" never released never announced but still many many PEOPLE wait for it and clearly i'm one of them and after they released HALF LIfe Alyx VR game and it sure did caught some eyes of gamers.

Nice point of view, I want just say that my thread used as example CP 2077 because it is the most recent game that has been affected by the "hype" problem. CD Projekt will have a bad time if they don't fix the game very soon, I mean they has been developing the game for old gen but it can't run on them!

I think CP 2077 is a game for PC essentially but you can get a downgraded version for PS5 and XBOX X/S... PS4 and XBOX ONE are totally out of scope!

Unfortunately a lot of games has been affected by this serious issue: Crackdown 3, the new Halo, GTA, Red Dead Redempion series.
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
I totally agree! I mean compared to the 2000s,everything has changed so its not just gamers, The world has become fast paced and maybe that's why gamers have become more and more demanding.

Though as to the fail of CP2077, I think that has to do with CDPR itself. They spacialized in making medieval games (Witcher 2/3) and a game like Gta 5 was a new genre for them. Rockstar also did a gamble with its Rdr 2, however they had had some experience with RDR1 and though there were bugs at initial launch, most were fixed within a few months. CDPR however had no real experience with this type of game, and hyped the game way too much. I think this hype should've been for a game that was supposed to be a sequel to CP2077 and CP2077 should've been a small title where CDPR can fully experiment with their skills and learn their mistakes.

All In all I think this increased my respect for studios like Rockstar who released games like gta 5 but with good user testing, and also ubisoft who releases games on a yearly basis.
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
05-02-2021, 01:45 AM
Last Post: mzltest
04-30-2021, 05:59 PM
Last Post: xdude
04-30-2021, 10:40 AM
Last Post: Sn1F3rt
06-29-2020, 07:33 AM
Last Post: humanpuff69

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting