arrow_upward

Pages (3):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Driverless cars
(07-08-2016, 06:57 AM)Conan Wrote: Afraid of viruses for cars? What are whitehat hackers and security researchers are for then?

Of course they'll do everything to protect it from viruses. (I doubt they would even use a very vulnerable OS for their cars. (Linux anyone?))

no not afraid but just an example. its still a computer that drives.
Did you hear ? A Tesla car's autopilot lead it into a fatal crash. Tesla is saying that it is not auto pilot fault ? Personally, me too think that auto pilot is just evolving.
Thanks  @Post4VPS

@meetdilip
They still don't have fully mapped roads. That could be the cause of the crash. (Hence the reason they said it's not the auto pilot's fault)
http://FreeVPS.club - Free VPSs!
(08-02-2016, 07:38 PM)meetdilip Wrote: Did you hear ? A Tesla car's autopilot lead it into a fatal crash. Tesla is saying that it is not auto pilot fault ? Personally, me too think that auto pilot is just evolving.

More and more autopilot cars will be sold then more and more accident will be happen.
But from these accidents the manufacturers will learn and the next version will be better.
These cars are like a beta version of a software, but here real buyers are the testers and it's a dangerous testing.
(08-08-2016, 02:55 PM)Conan Wrote: @meetdilip
They still don't have fully mapped roads. That could be the cause of the crash. (Hence the reason they said it's not the auto pilot's fault)

Few days I saw Tesla car saved somebody life. I didnt read full article but it was in subject.
Autonomous cars will see their use more in senior population or people with hectic schedule. A car enthusiast will always take control of that steering wheel, period. Moreover people with disability will also be roam around the town more easily!

I think it's only the "Transition phase" which will be the most difficult, once there are more AVs on the road, Road casualties will come down and AVs will be more safer than human steered cars. We also need a device which could detect other similar vehicles on the road, so they could see each other easily, which means more useful data and better communication.

Now it's a matter of time before terrorists find their way into it and start their brutal activities. It's not 1990 anymore but the hackers community is always bigger than developers , so there is a possibility of terrorists getting hold of this tech to kickstart their business in the new world.
Do you think driverless cars need special roads ? Something without pot holes and surprises.
Thanks  @Post4VPS

(08-25-2016, 12:24 AM)meetdilip Wrote: Do you think driverless cars need special roads ? Something without pot holes and surprises.

Well I'm sure roads are good when that era comes but the surprises I don't think so maybe there will be lot's of surprises.
In an ordered road/path where is the chance for a surprise ? An automated car too follow speed rules. Overspeeding is dangerous, no matter automated or not.
Thanks  @Post4VPS

I really love the picture you posted. It reminds of the futuristic cards we would see in the cartoons. Some disabled people might use them in the future for transportation purposes.
Pages (3):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting