arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi Admins.
i have a question for you. can i install dual OS on my VPS? as i have two ipv4 addresses. is it possible to run debian and windows server same time with making two partition drives in my HDD?
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
Well, I don't think there is way to use dual OS at same machine. You've two ipv4 addresses doesn't means you have dual VPSes

Actually you've 2 IPv4 that useful for visit faster as i guess. IPv4 use for your site load faster from any Continent.

More admin will clear your doubt. but i think you'll understand. Having multiplies IPv4 can't able to use Dual OS.
Terminal
Best Regards,
Global Moderator of Post4VPS 

No.

What vps you currently have.
I believe not even one support this.
(10-21-2017, 09:29 AM)arsalahmed786 Wrote: Well, I don't think there is way to use dual OS at same machine. You've two ipv4 addresses doesn't means you have dual VPSes

Actually you've 2 IPv4 that useful for visit faster as i guess. IPv4 use for your site load faster from any Continent.

More admin will clear your doubt. but i think you'll understand. Having multiplies IPv4 can't able to use Dual OS.

As i know. virtual machine is almost same as we get a pc. and if we have more then 250GB drive. and i make a two partition on it. and install dual OS. as in my PC. i have dual windows + linux. so why i could not get this in my vps? if provider configure second OS on second IP and accessible both with both IPs. so how technically it is not possible?
(10-21-2017, 10:30 AM)sagher Wrote: As i know. virtual machine is almost same as we get a pc. and if we have more then 250GB drive. and i make a two partition on it. and install dual OS. as in my PC. i have dual windows + linux. so why i could not get this in my vps? if provider configure second OS on second IP and accessible both with both IPs. so how technically it is not possible?

Pro tip.
Don't do this.

If your vps is openvz then you can't even run windows.
(10-21-2017, 01:14 PM)perryoo11 Wrote: Pro tip.
Don't do this.

If your vps is openvz then you can't even run windows.

and also you can only run linux with kernel 2.6 which is very old . the latest one is 4.x that is used in kvm ubuntu 16.04
vps

and by the way if you want to dual boot on your vps you can only use one at the time and you need reboot to change the os
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
Sagher your looking for nested virtualization.
That's by most providers prohibited
(10-21-2017, 10:30 AM)sagher Wrote: As i know. virtual machine is almost same as we get a pc. and if we have more then 250GB drive. and i make a two partition on it. and install dual OS. as in my PC. i have dual windows + linux. so why i could not get this in my vps? if provider configure second OS on second IP and accessible both with both IPs. so how technically it is not possible?

You can have dual boot Windows + Linux in one PC. That's right.

But you cannot boot Windows in one partition and also physically boot Linux in another partition at the same time.

However, you may, for example, boot Windows in one partition, and then run a virtual Linux box inside Windows.

@tryp4vps : thanks for define me in details. also i want to know as previous posts of my thread that KVM do this instead of OpenVZ. what is the difference between both of them as a single and dual OS servers.?
(10-23-2017, 04:38 AM)sagher Wrote: @tryp4vps : thanks for define me in details. also i want to know as previous posts of my thread that KVM do this instead of OpenVZ. what is the difference between both of them as a single and dual OS servers.?

I think you better try it on your own to see the difference. I just throw out an idea how this can be done. But I suppose the actual performance will be mainly depending on the amount of RAM available in your VPS.

Pages (2):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting