arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(10-10-2016, 03:03 PM)Vuluts Wrote: Here in PH you can buy Western Digital 1 TB External Drive ranging $52 to $62 USD and 2 TB ranging for about $83 to $103 USD

And wouldn't be an internal laptop hard disk drive (2.5") plus an extarnal usb 3.0 hdd case cheaper?
(10-11-2016, 02:59 PM)Dudi Wrote: And wouldn't be an internal laptop hard disk drive (2.5") plus an extarnal usb 3.0 hdd case cheaper?

Yup! It's much more cheaper, WD 1 TB of 2.5 internal HDD cost around $31 - $40 USD and HDD enclosure 3.0 cost around $10 - $15 USD depends on the brand.
It will bulkier if you use a case. Almost 3-4 times the size of an external HDD.
Thanks  @Post4VPS

(10-11-2016, 09:59 PM)meetdilip Wrote: It will bulkier if you use a case. Almost 3-4 times the size of an external HDD.

Hmm not really there are external enclosure that are slim that hdd can exactly fit.
I have used several Seagate drives in the past. Some of these drives failed on me, except for those of which are still in use in my primary PC. Aside from those I am also using WD drives in my NAS, which have done an excellent job. Personally I think I would go for WD, but Seagate drives tend to be cheaper most of the time, so this might be a nice idea too. I don't prefer USB drives, simply because SATA is waay faster.
(10-15-2016, 11:18 AM)RickB Wrote: I have used several Seagate drives in the past. Some of these drives failed on me, except for those of which are still in use in my primary PC. Aside from those I am also using WD drives in my NAS, which have done an excellent job. Personally I think I would go for WD, but Seagate drives tend to be cheaper most of the time, so this might be a nice idea too. I don't prefer USB drives, simply because SATA is waay faster.

I have read somewhere that if you don't use your external harddrives for a long time, there is a chance for them to malfunction. I had a Seagate harddrive too and I am quite happy with it.
Thank you VPSlices and Post4VPS for your beautiful VPS!
Pages (2):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting