arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am looking to get a 1 TB model. Which make will be the best to go ? How much does it cost approximately ? I would like to get a good one that last long than going for a cheap model.
Thanks  @Post4VPS

I would be mostly doing things like moving / storing video and music. How much will be the price difference between Hitachi and Seagate / WD ? If too wide, I may stick with standard range.
Thanks  @Post4VPS

(06-06-2016, 08:59 PM)meetdilip Wrote: I am looking to get a 1 TB model. Which make will be the best to go ? How much does it cost approximately ? I would like to get a good one that last long than going for a cheap model.

I suggest to buy a plain 1TB HDD and then order an USB 3.0 enclosure case on eBay from China. It will be a little cheaper.

(06-07-2016, 12:20 AM)karatekidmonkey Wrote: What are you planning to do with it?
For backup, Seagate will do, but otherwise, if you can afford it, I would recommend a Hitachi drive (since those tend to last the longest, but are also more expensive). WD also has excellent external HDDs, a few of which I currently use.

Hitachi is acquired by Western Digital (WD) and Samsung is acquired by Seagate, so basically only three true brands left:
-Western Digital (WD)
-Seagate
-Toshiba
I have used the USB casing for external HDD. The issue is, it is very bulky and difficult to handle. Something pre made would be cool on hands. At least, I assume so.
Thanks  @Post4VPS

(06-08-2016, 03:33 AM)meetdilip Wrote: I have used the USB casing for external HDD. The issue is, it is very bulky and difficult to handle. Something pre made would be cool on hands. At least, I assume so.

Where do you live? If you live in USA or Europe then try to find an Aldi, Lidl, BestByte, Wallmart, or something like that store because there you can buy a very cheap Medion, Tevion, ChiliGreen branded external HDD with 3 years warranty. It is about 50 us dollars for a 1TB USB 3.0 HDD.
(06-06-2016, 08:59 PM)meetdilip Wrote: I am looking to get a 1 TB model. Which make will be the best to go ? How much does it cost approximately ? I would like to get a good one that last long than going for a cheap model.

I will recommend Western Digital or Seagate, if you got budget look for anti shock and anti dust external for it's safety.
I own a 500GB external hard drive and I use it quite a lot. It is USB3 and I remember paying 100NZD for it.
(09-04-2016, 05:49 AM)Golden Wrote: I own a 500GB external hard drive and I use it quite a lot. It is USB3 and I remember paying 100NZD for it.

It quite cost a lot for a 500GB external drive. May I know it's brand?
It not much, I guess. You can get it for ₹4,000. That is for 1 TB storage size.
Thanks  @Post4VPS

Here in PH you can buy Western Digital 1 TB External Drive ranging $52 to $62 USD and 2 TB ranging for about $83 to $103 USD
Pages (2):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting