arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farming / Gardening
Hello guys,
I don't know why now I am just getting interested to do some farming. Currently I am working atleast two hour in our plot in evening time. Normally it is play time, but I decided to spend the energy for something creative. Especially I am alone in the home and having 0.8 acre land. Since brothers are away I can do anything I want in the land. I decided to make it fruitful. I have plans to make a vegetable garden soon.  I have ordered for some seeds online.
The benefits I see are:
- I can earn knowledge about farming which will help me to share the same with my students.
- It will make me healthy, I may not need to go for Gym.
- May be getting better profit from the crops.
- I can make the land beautiful and atmosphere nice.
- To breathe fresh air inside our own garden will be one of the happiest feeling.
If you are interested in farming, just try YouTube channels, there are lot of methods for even creating garden in a small plot.

Thank you  Sweet

I think it's a brilliant hobby to have. Well done @Littlemaster. I wish I could do the same. But unfortunately don't have the opportunity that you have for land that is available. Maybe you could involve your students in this and make it into a group effort that serves the community? Or would there be restraints because of Covid?

At the minimum however. I take my hat off for any one who has "green fingers" - i.e. the ability to make things grow. I'd think to have your own fresh vegetables can only be good. There are so many other good things that could develop from this. Wishing you the best with your new hobby. Cool
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
I love gardening, my partner and I split up about a month ago and I have been working on building my new house and one of the coolest things about my new house and my land (2.5 acres) is that I am going to have a huge garden and a small green house! We are getting to the end of the season in my area, but once I am moved and the garden and greenhouse is built I will have to post an update.
Thank you to CubeData and Posts4VPS for the services of VPS 8.
(06-30-2021, 06:46 PM)Littlemaster Wrote: The benefits I see are:
- I can earn knowledge about farming which will help me to share the same with my students.
- It will make me healthy, I may not need to go for Gym.
- May be getting better profit from the crops.
- I can make the land beautiful and atmosphere nice.
- To breathe fresh air inside our own garden will be one of the happiest feeling.
Agreed!.. Except for the highlighted part where you should expect some back pain kicking-in from time to time, depending on the effort sustained during your gardening :-)

I had a similar pulse a year ago, when I left my downtown residence -in the middle of the lockdown- to our family residence 20km out of town that I'm managing ever since our Father passed away... It's a 10 acre land (4 hectares) with a couple of dozens of Olive trees, few Fig trees, Lemon trees, Mandarin trees, Pomegranate trees and a handful of Date trees.

The plan was to spend as much time outdoor as possible (remember that Vitamin D is a potent booster for the immune system!) The strategy was to start a vegetable garden and put to use my own Plant Biology knowledge and see all those complex ecological mechanisms/interactions at work..

A year or so later... I have many successful crop harvest to this day: coriander, mint, rosemary, basil, peppers (sweet + hot), potatoes, garlic, broad-beans, carrots, turnips, cucumbers and tomatoes, and I have a lot of them at this time of the year. But I also have a lot of failures: peas, lentils, beans etc.. But we'll keep at it!

It's insanely rewarding to eat your own home-grown vegetables!.. Lucky are those who can enjoy that!
VirMach's Buffalo_VPS-9 Holder (Dec. 20 - July 21)
microLXC's Container Holder (july 20 - ?)
VirMach's Phoenix_VPS-9 Holder (Apr. 20 - June 20)
NanoKVM's NAT-VPS Holder (jan. 20 - ?)

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting