arrow_upward

Poll: Do you think a paid alternative is an good idea?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
0%
No
0%
Total
0 vote(s)
0%

* You voted for this item.

Pages (3):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Features for OpenSource Exam System v2
Yes. But now I am writing code totally using livewire and laravel they are made for each other. It is a really awesome duo. But there is not much market for it. So I am learning to react, react-native and flutter.
Thank you to post4vps and HostDare for my awesome VPS 12!
Check My first ever opensource project Alpana Blood Donation Drive .
(07-12-2021, 01:42 PM)tbelldesignco Wrote: Very much this. Having the full stack under your belt is going to make your life a LOT easier and make you more marketable as a web developer. Within the last year I learned the ins and outs of JS, DOM and AJAX and the quality of services and products have increased 10-fold. As @fChk said, always keep learning. I will see websites that I like and look at their code to see how something was achieved, that way if I ever need to create a similar solution I have the ability to do so.

Good for you @tbelldesignco !.. Nice to see that there are still folks doing things the right way.

I've been campaigning against the use of frameworks (PHP's and JS's) for the last 10 years!.. Without much success I would say... Folks like to ride over the first hyped-up framework they find when they get interested in WebDev.. while knowing little to nothing on the fundamentals that those framework abstract for them... which is a shame!.. because they become locked-in in that framework logic and assumptions....

Really not the way to go!.. I'm not against frameworks entirely -although I don't use them because, to me, they are useless abstractions that prevent folks from interacting with the APIs that really matter- but more against their use without first acquiring the REAL DEAL (ie the fundamental Web technologies that are at the base of the whole thing, starting from HTTP protocols -1,2 and very soon 3- and ending with the latest HTML-5 browser API.)
VirMach's Buffalo_VPS-9 Holder (Dec. 20 - July 21)
microLXC's Container Holder (july 20 - ?)
VirMach's Phoenix_VPS-9 Holder (Apr. 20 - June 20)
NanoKVM's NAT-VPS Holder (jan. 20 - ?)
(07-13-2021, 06:24 AM)fChk Wrote: Good for you @tbelldesignco !.. Nice to see that there are still folks doing things the right way.

I've been campaigning against the use of frameworks (PHP's and JS's) for the last 10 years!.. Without much success I would say... Folks like to ride over the first hyped-up framework they find when they get interested in WebDev.. while knowing little to nothing on the fundamentals that those framework abstract for them... which is a shame!.. because they become locked-in in that framework logic and assumptions....

Really not the way to go!.. I'm not against frameworks entirely -although I don't use them because, to me, they are useless abstractions that prevent folks from interacting with the APIs that really matter- but more against their use without first acquiring the REAL DEAL (ie the fundamental Web technologies that are at the base of the whole thing, starting from HTTP protocols -1,2 and very soon 3- and ending with the latest HTML-5 browser API.)

I am not against them either, they have their place for rapid deployment/development and they help users learn the basics. I honestly just never have been a fan of Laravel and some of the others, so I've always stuck with Vanilla PHP and create my own libraries or use open source solutions. I think the method's used for this exam system will be fruitful, however in my mind, I love making something from the sticks up and I have a preset "core" I've worked on for the last three years that I can get a basic CMS core up and running in a matter of 30 minutes or so.

I know that JS will come in super handy for TBCMS and some of the autosave features I am trying to work on, also with adding in a range of dynamic elements that CSS itself just isn't capable of.
Thank you to CubeData and Posts4VPS for the services of VPS 8.
(07-13-2021, 02:52 PM)tbelldesignco Wrote: I am not against them either, they have their place for rapid deployment/development and they help users learn the basics. I honestly just never have been a fan of Laravel and some of the others, so I've always stuck with Vanilla PHP and create my own libraries or use open source solutions. I think the method's used for this exam system will be fruitful, however in my mind, I love making something from the sticks up and I have a preset "core" I've worked on for the last three years that I can get a basic CMS core up and running in a matter of 30 minutes or so.

I know that JS will come in super handy for TBCMS and some of the autosave features I am trying to work on, also with adding in a range of dynamic elements that CSS itself just isn't capable of.
My limitation is to applying js as beginner and its taking too much time just to prove my point, or create MVP version on the app. I just want this app up and running so people can see it is possible. I will add more database configuration and  performance boost later but for now I am using with Livewire and laravel.

On a short note:
I have created a form to add questions to the exam without any javascript and page reload. It is my first time implementing livewire in a project. LiveWire makes my prototyping so easy.
(07-13-2021, 05:22 PM)debjit Wrote: My limitation is to applying js as beginner and its taking too much time just to prove my point, or create MVP version on the app. I just want this app up and running so people can see it is possible. I will add more database configuration and  performance boost later but for now I am using with Livewire and laravel.

On a short note:
I have created a form to add questions to the exam without any javascript and page reload. It is my first time implementing livewire in a project. LiveWire makes my prototyping so easy.

That sounds like your path then! My ergonomics software I used a bootstrap theme to show the proof of concept and now I am back in front-end development creating a custom interface design and refining the user stories and flows. Developers use the tools and means available to them and a backlog of todos is never ending and will provide growth and experience opportunities.
Thank you to CubeData and Posts4VPS for the services of VPS 8.
(07-13-2021, 05:22 PM)debjit Wrote: My limitation is to applying js as beginner and its taking too much time just to prove my point, or create MVP version on the app. I just want this app up and running so people can see it is possible. I will add more database configuration and  performance boost later but for now I am using with Livewire and laravel.

I've asked for this WebDev forum to be added to the board for just that, ie to discuss implementations and WebDev techniques and technologies not finished products, ie webApps!..

This means that you're welcome to open threads about those sort of difficulties implementing what you have in mind.. we'll try to be as helpful as we can to save you some time and help you brainstorming your plans!..

So, don't hold back!.. No one started knowing it all!.. Using MVPs will give you the impression that you got it all under control... BUT, the fact of the matter is, that YOU DON'T!..

Frameworks are the preferred target for web-based attacks.. folks (the bad ones) spend most of their time scanning for vulnerabilities in them.. knowing that finding just ONE vulnerability can potentially help them get to thousands if not millions of Web sites running them.. (ie that's a good return of investment) Thus that's yet another reasons to not use them... security-wise this time..

Using you're own vanilla-based WebApp, No one can do that to you unless he spent that amount of time just to get to your Web site.. Which is rarely worth the trouble unless you really have something worth that investment.........

Again!.. Be smart!.. and good luck!

That should be all!
VirMach's Buffalo_VPS-9 Holder (Dec. 20 - July 21)
microLXC's Container Holder (july 20 - ?)
VirMach's Phoenix_VPS-9 Holder (Apr. 20 - June 20)
NanoKVM's NAT-VPS Holder (jan. 20 - ?)
(07-15-2021, 06:32 AM)fChk Wrote: I've asked for this WebDev forum to be added to the board for just that, ie to discuss implementations and WebDev techniques and technologies not finished products, ie webApps!..

This means that you're welcome to open threads about those sort of difficulties implementing what you have in mind.. we'll try to be as helpful as we can to save you some time and help you brainstorming your plans!..

So, don't hold back!.. No one started knowing it all!.. Using MVPs will give you the impression that you got it all under control... BUT, the fact of the matter is, that YOU DON'T!..

Frameworks are the preferred target for web-based attacks.. folks (the bad ones) spend most of their time scanning for vulnerabilities in them.. knowing that finding just ONE vulnerability can potentially help them get to thousands if not millions of Web sites running them.. (ie that's a good return of investment) Thus that's yet another reasons to not use them... security-wise this time..

Using you're own vanilla-based WebApp, No one can do that to you unless he spent that amount of time just to get to your Web site.. Which is rarely worth the trouble unless you really have something worth that investment.........

Again!.. Be smart!.. and good luck!

That should be all!

Yes, you are absolutely right. Open-source is a two-way sward. I can start a web app with a users login system within 5min, but it takes a team of 4 a week to implement as a trainee. 
The livewire is not an alternative it is just a patch till I learn to react.
Now I am working on my user's attend exam field. with livewire it is easy.
Pages (3):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting