arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fully automated Let's Encrypt certificate renewal with CloudFlare
(02-16-2020, 10:32 AM)Hidden Refuge Wrote: @humanpuff69 @AmirGT

When you use CloudFlare DNS only you don't get any CloudFlare SSL because your websites aren't tunneled through the CloudFlare CDN network. You are only using their DNS hosting and nothing else if you want to follow this guide and have LE SSL/TLS.

How everyone seems to ignore this although it is mentioned in the thread. Did I explain it wrong? Not enough detail? What would help to make it more understandable?

No mate it's all good, I just didn't notice it when I firstly read it but when @humanpuff69 mentioned LE expiry date I just gave him two alternatives to it.
The point of this whole guide is to setup a fully automated certificate renewal for Let's Encrypted issued certificates... so that you never have to bother with the issue you both mentioned earlier "LE expiry date". Setup once and never touch again.

3/4 of people who replied here so far didn't understand the point of this guide I guess. I must have explained something awefully bad.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
(02-16-2020, 04:33 PM)Hidden Refuge Wrote: The point of this whole guide is to setup a fully automated certificate renewal for Let's Encrypted issued certificates... so that you never have to bother with the issue you both mentioned earlier "LE expiry date". Setup once and never touch again.

3/4 of people who replied here so far didn't understand the point of this guide I guess. I must have explained something awefully bad.

You are mistaken, you haven't explained it bad but for me I don't bother setting up LE on my server as my site only has static content, even if it has dynamic content .. most people just enables CF SSL and done, I'm aware of MITM but I don't think our guys here might care about it. But anyways the tutorial is still great, will help people who don't like CF SSL.
Pages (2):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
06-09-2018, 07:18 PM
Last Post: Kururin

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting