arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GPU getting hot while playing Destiny 2 (within 30 min)
Please anyone help me in this. I have purchased a laptop.

Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i9 9th gen
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1650 DDR6 4gb
RAM: 8GB DDR5 (7.5 Usable)
Storage: 512 GB SSD (476 Usable)
Wifi: Wifi 6
Windows: Windows 10

I have downloaded Destiny 2 to run it on my laptop.
It was having V-Sync on so my fps was capped at 60 fps because my screen refresh rate is 60 hz.
I thought its capped at 60 so my GPU will not get used that much.
But while playing it the gpu was getting rapidly hot.
I don't know why Sad

Other games like CS:GO, Rocket League works fine and doesnt heats my gpu much.

But Destiny 2 is heating a loss. That too in a very short time. Sad

Help me out pls. And tell me how to fix it!

Will running destiny 2 in medium settings help? Currently running on high settings.
Terminal
Thankyou Post4VPS, @Pacific Spirit (Hostlease) for a Free VPS!
+
Thankyou to @Neoon for a Free NanoKVM VPS
I am not a expert in these type of things. But Destiny 2 requirements are not that much. You have a better device then they requires.CS:GO is very simple in graphics even i have played that on my Core 2 Duo PC. Laptops usually have low space and does not supports that heavy load of games, that's the reason i prepare a desktop PC. After reading your PC specs i think your GPU heats up because of low PSU. I don't know what is the required PSU for your GPU because i have never used a laptop GPU. A Geforce GTX 1650 required PSU is 350 W. So you must check what is PSU of your laptop and what also check what is required for your GPU?
Yeah low settings will help to prevent GPU from being heat up. But that's not the solution.

Thanks to Post4VPS and Hostlease for their great services.  
With your game, are you using your discreet graphics card built into the I7 or are you using the Graphical Tools (I can't remember the name) to manage what applications and utilities are using your GTX 1650? This post might help you further troubleshoot your issue.

https://www.howtogeek.com/351522/how-to-...indows-10/
Thank you to CubeData and Posts4VPS for the services of VPS 8.
So you mentioned that Rocket League and CSGO does not heat your GPU much it is because that these games are CPU-Intensive and uses CPU Alot as compared to GPU. And looking at the game specification required it seems that Destiny is a GPU Intensive game. So my best bet would be to check out thermal or firstly do a kombustor to see your GPU temps. Since its a laptop maybe also check for AirFlow or use any fan cooler for laptop i'm not sure what are these called. You got a really decent laptop there though!
Thanks to ReadyDedis and Post4VPS for the amazing VPS 7!

(12-09-2020, 03:29 PM)sAmI Wrote: So you mentioned that Rocket League and CSGO does not heat your GPU much it is because that these games are CPU-Intensive and uses CPU Alot as compared to GPU. And looking at the game specification required it seems that Destiny is a GPU Intensive game. So my best bet would be to check out thermal or firstly do a kombustor to see your GPU temps. Since its a laptop maybe also check for AirFlow or use any fan cooler for laptop i'm not sure what are these called. You got a really decent laptop there though!

Yeah I checked the reviews of other users where I purchased this PC and they said that its Cooling is "ok ok" but not that good. And I think thats why its heating Sad

@tbelldesignco

Were you talking about Integrated and Dedicated graphics settings ? as you showed me that website which displayed those options.

Normally a Laptop is made as such as its default settings remain like:
When not plugged: Use CPU
When Plugged: Use CPU+GPU

I play games while plugged in.

I guess the cooling is not good so it heats up.

@Rehan
I guess PSU is not the problem.
A laptop is made such that it fullfills requirements.
Problem I guess is Cooling.
I think the cooling is not great Sad

Hey BTW @sAmI @tbelldesignco @Rehan
Will buying a Cooling Pad will help me?
I have seen many of them on Amazon.
Terminal
+
I'm pretty sure that a good cooling pad will indeed help you out i remember using it on my old laptop i use to play COD it use to heat to over 95 Degrees with a good cooling pad i was able to get it stable to 72 Degrees, Since you have also mentioned that cooling is not that good, Maybe as i mentioned above do a kombustor on your GPU and use a cooling pad with it so you will see how much difference it will make it for you.
Thanks to ReadyDedis and Post4VPS for the amazing VPS 7!

(12-10-2020, 03:36 AM)sAmI Wrote: I'm pretty sure that a good cooling pad will indeed help you out i remember using it on my old laptop i use to play COD it use to heat to over 95 Degrees with a good cooling pad i was able to get it stable to 72 Degrees, Since you have also mentioned that cooling is not that good, Maybe as i mentioned above do a kombustor on your GPU and use a cooling pad with it so you will see how much difference it will make it for you.

Yep I will have to try a cooling pad. Btw with Kombustor u mean benchmarking? I had benchmarked my laptop on the first day of arrival and was having 60+ fps on extreme settings and 100+ normal settings.....

I don't remember how much it heated up that time :/

But yeah I will try cooling pad and let you all know about the performances Smile
Terminal
+

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting