arrow_upward

Pages (4):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game servers restarting
@youssefbasha  I've reinstalled CentOS 6.5 on your VPS following Jordy's recommendation and testing.

I've PM'd the new password to you. Can you see whether this works better?
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
CentOS 6.5 is not working at all, even "yum update" is giving errors.
If you can, install Centos 7 to try then do it.
I didn't catch this thread from the start, but here is few tips to reflect on:

(01-19-2020, 09:53 AM)youssefbasha Wrote: Is it possible to install libssl1.0.0.so on Centos 7? I left Centos long time ago because it is slow but if it supports my needs on my current server i can try it.
Yes!.. If you compile it yourself with the software it needs it... But I don't advise to do that for too many reasons that I don't have time to enumerate-just trust me on this :-).

OpenSSL v1.0.0 is deprecated long time ago, and so are the following: 1.1.0, 1.0.2, unless they are patched. OpenSSL v1.1.1 is the only actively supported version.

(01-24-2020, 08:52 AM)youssefbasha Wrote: CentOS 6.5 is not working at all, even "yum update" is giving errors.
If you can, install Centos 7 to try then do it.
If you desperately looking for a TLS-1.0-compatible OS then CentOS 7 isn't the one you need but a CentOS version prior to 6.5 (6.4, 6.3 etc...) CentOS 6.5 didn't work because it already included OpenSSL 1.0.1 back then.

This goes to show you how obsolete that game server of yours is.

Just for the record, game servers are out of my scope of interests (never were and never will.) So can't comment further on this topic.
VirMach's Buffalo_VPS-9 Holder (Dec. 20 - July 21)
microLXC's Container Holder (july 20 - ?)
VirMach's Phoenix_VPS-9 Holder (Apr. 20 - June 20)
NanoKVM's NAT-VPS Holder (jan. 20 - ?)
I have installed a fresh OS CentOS 7.6. Please have a check it.
(01-24-2020, 11:05 AM)Pacific Spirit Wrote: I have installed a fresh OS CentOS 7.6. Please have a check it.

@Pacific Spirit  Thank you for doing this, but if you check previous posts in this discussion, the problem is that the Samp server is old software.  We need to have an OS version that is older and more in sync with the old software.  Up to date OS is creating an issue.

Refer the post by @fChk above.  His suggestion is spot on.

So is it possible to load an OS that is earlier than CentOS 6.5? I unfortunately can't load it as it is not in the OS CentOS options for installation.  Is CentOS 6.3 available - or can you add it to the panel for us for installation?

Many thanks.
Terminal
(01-24-2020, 02:50 PM)deanhills Wrote: @Pacific Spirit  Thank you for doing this, but if you check previous posts in this discussion, the problem is that the Samp server is old software.  We need to have an OS version that is older and more in sync with the old software.  Up to date OS is creating an issue.

Refer the post by @fChk above.  His suggestion is spot on.

So is it possible to load an OS that is earlier than CentOS 6.5? I unfortunately can't load it as it is not in the OS CentOS options for installation.  Is CentOS 6.3 available - or can you add it to the panel for us for installation?

Many thanks.

In general, it doesn't really matter that much. If it crashes with the other softwares then there is not much to release but if it is good you have a number of plugins for older scripts that you can add for a new software. But as a provider we cannot support game servers because we are not a script builder. The only thing we can do is check our server if something is wrong but Maximilian and Greg have checked everything and could not find anything in terms of problems. If there was a problem with our server, then we can resolve this fairly easily, as SAMP and MTA are Third Party Apps that we cannot obtain and have no knowledge of these scripts so therefore we do not support this as there is a problem, although every Game Server (Game Type) is supported to run on it. Post4VPS is not the only one that uses our VPS for Game servers Smile @deanhills you can see it just like "TheHostingTool", PunBB and a number of older unsupported apps also run on CloudLinux 7.8, but it can indeed be a problem sometimes , I also play Need For Speed ​​II SE from 1997 on my macbook, and with some small tweaks I have trouble-free operation. There is a solution for everything Smile
Thank you for the response @Pacific Spirit.

@youssefbasha  Looks as though you won't be able to run your games server on the current OS.  I think @"Hidden Refuge" has mentioned that, so has @fChk, by current standards the software you're trying to run is obsolete.  To run an old version of an OS is also not very secure.  So looks as though we won't be able to help you.  

@"Hidden Refuge" was indeed correct that none of us can support you with running your games server.  You probably need to go to a SAMP community to see how they work around this problem.

I'm going to close this discussion for now.  If you want your OS to be reinstalled, please open a new thread in the Private VPS Support Forum.  But please don't ask for assistance with SAMP.  That discussion is closed now.
Terminal
Pages (4):
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting