arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Get Free Domain Name .COM .NET .ORG
Yahoo Small Business is giving away .COM, .NET or .ORG domain names for free to all customers, whether new or old, to combat the negative effects of COVID-19 translation. Registration is very simple, just complete the steps below, you will receive a combo Website, Free Domain, 5 Email boxes, SSL worth up to $ 120.

Free domain name step by step
  1. You access the following link to register.
  2. Fill in information about your business (industry - brand name)
  3. Sign up for a new Yahoo Business Maker account
  4. Add information for Visa / Master card or Paypal account
Once done, we will proceed to select the domain and start building the website.

Note:

The promotion applies for the first year of using the service, the price for the next year renewal is quite high, so turn off auto-renewal, see more instructions in the comments below.

Do not register in mass, try to cheat lest your account is locked, your domain name is lost. Important domain names should not be registered here! Good luck
Thant's really good yahoo providing domains for free for small website business I will Grab domain.com from them hope visa debit card accepted instead of credit card did you tried any domain ?
thank you post4vps and  racknerd for wonderful vps3  Heart

I would be careful when you deal with Yahoo domains. Make sure to know the renewal charge of them. They used to give this same offer years ago but asked some crazy renewal price since it needed to renew. Those who tried to transfer it out to another register also found what a nightmare that was. I don't know about PayPal but once you give you the credit card they will charge the renewal price you like it or not. You will find something which allows them to do it somewhere in the small print which nobody reads. 1&1 and Yahoo domains both are notorious for this. That's about 5 years ago. Maybe they have learned the lesson. But who knows maybe not.

Search for Yahoo Domain Nightmare. You will find some interesting stories about their customer support and the registration service.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

(09-06-2020, 09:15 PM)hopphim95 Wrote: Yahoo Small Business is giving away .COM, .NET or .ORG domain names for free to all customers, whether new or old, to combat the negative effects of COVID-19 translation. Registration is very simple, just complete the steps below, you will receive a combo Website, Free Domain, 5 Email boxes, SSL worth up to $ 120.

Free domain name step by step
  1. You access the following link to register.
  2. Fill in information about your business (industry - brand name)
  3. Sign up for a new Yahoo Business Maker account
  4. Add information for Visa / Master card or Paypal account
Once done, we will proceed to select the domain and start building the website.

Note:

The promotion applies for the first year of using the service, the price for the next year renewal is quite high, so turn off auto-renewal, see more instructions in the comments below.

Do not register in mass, try to cheat lest your account is locked, your domain name is lost. Important domain names should not be registered here! Good luck

And here I just spent money on a .com domain from porkbun just a few days ago  Cry

I should’ve known of this sooner to save me money (well for one year at least)... I can’t describe how frustrated I am!!!

Anyways it’s nice seeing yahoo stepping in and providing the world with something that’s unheard of. Free domains are a thing, but they’re almost never the popular name endings such as .com, .net, etc... Like seriously let’s take a moment and appreciate what they’re doing!

Yahoo is quite a reputable company, so you can for sure trust them to not pull up one of those free domain scams... However, just like mentioned here earlier, turn off auto-renewal and once the domain expires, re-register it at a cheaper registrar (From my own research, I’ve found that porkbun is the cheapest trustable refistrar.)
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.
(09-07-2020, 05:36 AM)Khadeer143 Wrote: Thant's really good yahoo providing domains for free for small website business I will Grab domain.com from them hope visa debit card accepted instead of credit card did you tried any domain ?
Of course I have registered a domain here, you can check it at this link

(09-07-2020, 06:38 AM)xdude Wrote: I would be careful when you deal with Yahoo domains. Make sure to know the renewal charge of them. They used to give this same offer years ago but asked some crazy renewal price since it needed to renew. Those who tried to transfer it out to another register also found what a nightmare that was. I don't know about PayPal but once you give you the credit card they will charge the renewal price you like it or not. You will find something which allows them to do it somewhere in the small print which nobody reads. 1&1 and Yahoo domains both are notorious for this. That's about 5 years ago. Maybe they have learned the lesson. But who knows maybe not.

Search for Yahoo Domain Nightmare. You will find some interesting stories about their customer support and the registration service.
You can turn off auto-renewal and transfer domain names wherever you want
(09-07-2020, 08:40 AM)hopphim95 Wrote: Of course I have registered a domain here, you can check it at this link

You can turn off auto-renewal and transfer domain names wherever you want

I don’t suggest transferring the domain to a new provider.

Let the domain expire, then re-register it elsewhere.

Why?

Well, if you re-register it after it expires rather than transfer it you’ll be able to take advantage of the much cheaper first year pricing on the new provider.

Transferring won’t get you that first year discount, you’d be paying just a little under their regular renewal amount... which is much more expensive than the first year price.

It’s all about saving as much money as possible!
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.
Well, it's not a bad offer especially from a trusted provider like Yahoo. Just that a payment method is required to avail the offer, but that's okay, since as a matter of fact, this offer from Yahoo isn't the first time. This campaign had been run before too, years ago and was a huge success.

@ikk157 Well, not that true. Most of the bug registrars if not all give you a FREE renewal for a year if you transfer to them. Agreed that transfer fee does apply, but IMO that's better than letting the domain expire and re-registering since it doesn't become available instantly after it's expiry. And again what you say applies for personal domains with which you're okay if it's not available for a few days, you would of course not do that with a production website even if it's your personal blog, which would ideally get a fairly good number of visitors.
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
(09-07-2020, 10:13 AM)sohamb03 Wrote: Well, it's not a bad offer especially from a trusted provider like Yahoo. Just that a payment method is required to avail the offer, but that's okay, since as a matter of fact, this offer from Yahoo isn't the first time. This campaign had been run before too, years ago and was a huge success.

@ikk157 Well, not that true. Most of the bug registrars if not all give you a FREE renewal for a year if you transfer to them. Agreed that transfer fee does apply, but IMO that's better than letting the domain expire and re-registering since it doesn't become available instantly after it's expiry. And again what you say applies for personal domains with which you're okay if it's not available for a few days, you would of course not do that with a production website even if it's your personal blog, which would ideally get a fairly good number of visitors.

I never knew transferring the domain yields you a free year apart from the transfer fee. From what I can remember (I may have forgotten) they charge you a little under their usual renewal fee. Unless the transfer fee you’re talking about is what i saw. If that’s the case, then it doesn’t matter what they call it, it’s still cheaper to get a first year price elsewhere.

As for having several days of downtime, doubt that’ll happen. You can re-register it as soon as it expires... you don’t have to unnecessarily wait a few days before re-registering it. Unless your previous registrar purposely hogs the domain to make it harder for you to re-register it elsewhere (that would be one hell of a scammy move in my opinion).

But honestly if you’re running anything commercial, domain pricing is most likely the least of your concerns.
Guys Domains Transfer fee is like a renewal fee. It's the renewal fee that is taken by the new Registrar where you transfer the domain. No Registra can take a transfer fee and then a renewal fee for the next year. The transfer fee is the renewal fee for next year.

And I wouldn't let a domain expire so I can re-register it for cheaper. Unless it's a worthless one. If it is a worthless one then no need to reregister. There are those who looking for those potential domains which dropped by accidentally or for other reasons. They use the process called Domains BackOrdering to buy it before it becomes available public again. So it's a domain which used to have a big site then there is a good chance you lose it. Some Registrars do even worse things than that. For Example when there is an expired domain first thing they do it tries to auction the domain. If nobody buys then it goes for those who BlackOrders it and if nobody had back Ordered it either only then the domain gets released.

@hopphim95

Yes. Technically you can turn off auto-renewal and transfers. But when it's a domain which was given under a promo Some domain registrars are not so nice when you try to transfer it away next year. This used to be problem with Yahoo and 1&1 both. There were addtional terms which triggered when you try to tranfer the domain away. Especially Yahoo domain support was ridiculous. They had no clue about what they were suppose to do. they have quick a bad rep for that. But I don't know if they have changed or improved. But personally I don't touch either of those with my past experince.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

If it was free then why they ask for Credit or Visa card info? you don't think it is unnecessary or leak of information?
and what is the plan after an year? i never see any further information about renewal.
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
Pages (2):
lockThread Closed 

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting