arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gigarocket end of Free Hosting!
Just to let people know that Gigarocket will be ending it's free hosting on 6th of December. The owner made an announcement that no more applications for hosting will be accepted with immediate effect.

Main reason is financial. The cost of cPanel has gone through the roof, and on top of hosting was no longer financially sustainable during trying times. The owner however said the Forum will stay open as he is still hoping that times may improve to the extent he can re-introduce hosting again at a future date.

If you guys know of any other quality cpanel free hosts, please let me know.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Yeah it’s unfortunate that they had to shut it down and I had my main site hosted with them. Like you said maybe they will boot things back up when the world is in a better state.
Thank you to CubeData and Posts4VPS for the services of VPS 8.
It's really really sad to see that they are closing their free hosting. Seems like cPanel has affected many hosting companies, Frantech has also increased their reseller prices due to the cPanel price increase and when they added the sub-accounts policy that was really such a bad thing. I have been with Buyshared for 4 years now almost i guess. They are now providing free migration to DirectAdmin without any cost added. cPanel is clearly giving an advantage to other competitors people are forcefully shifting to different panels , Similar like TeamSpeak3 when they shut down their Non-Profit-Licence and introduced their costly gamer license, People directly switched to discord.
Now they are releasing TeamSpeak5 which clearly looks like discord but having same features like TeamSpeak3. sooo DUUUUUUUUH
Thanks to ReadyDedis and Post4VPS for the amazing VPS 7!

It's a bad time for whole hosting industry and I'm amazed how it lasted this long. Now it's nearly impossible to run a free hosting service. Solo free vps services are totally in practical and with high cpanel charges you can do free shared hosting with cheaper or free panels. Hope he will able to bounce back but I think it's unlikely he would want to reboot the service. But it was really a great service while it lasted. Probably the best free cPanel shared hosting service and probably the last solid one too.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

Terminal
Another free hosting going to an end due to financial problem.

In addition to feeling just sad, I think that any free hosting must make sure it can be financially sustainable even before it starts. Otherwise, it would be very difficult to fix the financial problem after it goes public. Smile

Sad new to here but if the reason is financial as deanhills quoted then that is really a serious reason. and all bad things is happened in 2020. specially by Corona virus. hope new year is ease for world and more opportunities exist .
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart

I wonder whether this issue is totally a cpanel issue.  It's the exorbitant price hike in 2019 of cpanel that broke the proverbial Camel's Back.  I've got a free hosting account with afreecloud.com since 2016.  The owner is KuJoes (I think quite a number of VPS enthusiasts would know him from LowEndBox).  He tried to get an alternative for free cpanel hosting with VestaCP in 2016, and I still have my free VestaCP user account to this day.  I noticed that he now offers free DirectAdmin hosting instead, no doubt because of the latest issues with VestaCP.  But for me it's a free host trend worth watching.

Maybe DirectAdmin is trying to take up the cpanel slack with hosts not being able to afford it any longer.   Some hosts have special deals with DirectAdmin whereby they can offer free DirectAdmin hosting.  So maybe KuJoe's trend of free DirectAdmin hosting is worth watching.  Compared with cPanel hosting DirectAdmin is a bit clumsy and not as user friendly out of the box.  But it's definitely worthy of consideration.  DirectAdmin was my first user panel with my first free host Frihost.com.
Terminal
(11-24-2020, 01:04 AM)deanhills Wrote: I wonder whether this issue is totally a cpanel issue.  It's the exorbitant price hike in 2019 of cpanel that broke the proverbial Camel's Back.  I've got a free hosting account with afreecloud.com since 2016.  The owner is KuJoes (I think quite a number of VPS enthusiasts would know him from LowEndBox).  He tried to get an alternative for free cpanel hosting with VestaCP in 2016, and I still have my free VestaCP user account to this day.  I noticed that he now offers free DirectAdmin hosting instead, no doubt because of the latest issues with VestaCP.  But for me it's a free host trend worth watching.

Maybe DirectAdmin is trying to take up the cpanel slack with hosts not being able to afford it any longer.   Some hosts have special deals with DirectAdmin whereby they can offer free DirectAdmin hosting.  So maybe KuJoe's trend of free DirectAdmin hosting is worth watching.  Compared with cPanel hosting DirectAdmin is a bit clumsy and not as user friendly out of the box.  But it's definitely worthy of consideration.  DirectAdmin was my first user panel with my first free host Frihost.com.

My host buyshared seems to be providing free migration for users who does not wish to be their prices changed and i'm wondering if i should go for it or not. The interface look really old to mee, but yeah there were most of the functions there. But could not find few of them which i use many  times, I'm not sure if DirectAdmin have multiphpmanager. But most of the functions were there. I'm still confused whether i should change it or not. It's not only for my websites but i have a reseller and i'm hosting websites for many clients too.

Pages (2):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting