arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Half Life:Alyx Announced!
So half-life has been valve's flagship franchise but they haven't had any releases in the franchise for the past 15 years, maybe because valve didn't want to risk releasing a half-life game that is not polished enough, so despite having huge pressure from the fan base for Half-Life 3 Valve has remained tight lipped on the matter until this week, Valve suddenly announced HalfLife:Alyx, though Its not the HL3 the fanbase wanted so dearly, Its nonetheless a great game although VR only so not everyone will be able to enjoy it.
Personally I enjoyed HL2 very much and even though I don't have a VR Headset/Capable VR PC, Im still excited about this new release which supposedly takes place between HL1/HL2, I have high hopes that if this games goes good, Valve might finally start working on HL3 which has basically become a meme now
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
Half-Life: Alyx Announcement Trailer

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c8_6Mli5WQ)

Store Page on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/54656...Life_Alyx/

Screenshots and more information: https://www.polygon.com/2019/11/21/20975...ns-trailer
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
Once I finish my exams/semester , gonna play Half Life 1/2 , because unfortunately i havnt played the most iconic games of all times yet , i still gotta play that before i go on about Half-Life Alyx. I'll probably watch gameplay and story of HL Alyx on youtube since i dont have the equipment to play it.
Thanks to Host4Fun and Post4VPS for my VPS 1.
(11-24-2019, 12:26 PM)GodLikeGill Wrote: Once I finish my exams/semester , gonna play Half Life 1/2 , because unfortunately i havnt played the most iconic games of all times yet , i still gotta play that before i go on about Half-Life Alyx. I'll probably watch gameplay and story of HL Alyx on youtube since i dont have the equipment to play it.

awh Cmon dude, you haven't played Half Life? Its one of the best games I ever played and though the graphics may not impress you anymore, the story definitely will! if you start with HL1, do look at that fanmade remastered version, Its also available on steam
Well, keeping aside the topic of this thread, I hardly play games. You know, I honestly don't prefer anything except programming and wen designing, which takes most of my time. Alongside, I'm also having to work for my school's club of late, and hardly have an hour's leisure in the whole day. (Studies inclusive Wink)

NVM this topic seemed interesting which attracted me, and I think I might try this game, as I see all of you giving positive reviews about it. Can y'all suggest what other games I might try, since I see that gaming is a major part of this forum... Just to inform, I've played CS:GO and CoD:WW2 and such stuff.

Regards,
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
(11-26-2019, 06:10 PM)sohamb03 Wrote: Well, keeping aside the topic of this thread, I hardly play games. You know, I honestly don't prefer anything except programming and wen designing, which takes most of my time. Alongside, I'm also having to work for my school's club of late, and hardly have an hour's leisure in the whole day. (Studies inclusive Wink)

NVM this topic seemed interesting which attracted me, and I think I might try this game, as I see all of you giving positive reviews about it. Can y'all suggest what other games I might try, since I see that gaming is a major part of this forum... Just to inform, I've played CS:GO and CoD:WW2 and such stuff.

Regards,

I recently finished the Batman Arkham Trilogy, you can try that if you like, Its a few years old but the story is good
This game is probably released to test themarlet if vr is ready for a full game. If alyx do well they probably release half life 3
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
@Honey Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try that. Well you made me remember the other story if it's release, Batman : Arkham Origins. He referred it to me and said it has an amazing plot.

I'll try both of these games as soon as I get some respite from responsibilities. There's an interesting thing about me. I've played CoD WW2 and CoD 2 but interestingly didn't get time thereon to play the other releases. That's weird, isn't it. Well yes it is, I'm myself very weird.
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
(11-27-2019, 02:35 PM)humanpuff69 Wrote: This game is probably released to test themarlet if vr is ready for a full game. If alyx do well they probably release half life 3

Not quite sure what you meant there, you said they're testing VR market through Alyx, and might release HL3 if it does well..Do you mean to say HL3 would be a VR dedicated game too? I think that thinking would be a little bit far fetched because as good VR might be, Its still not widely available(not to mention still relatively expensive), for a game as anticipated as HL3, I think It would be idiotic for Valve to release it as a VR title as of yet.
A great 3 hour long Half-Life Alyx VR gameplay video by Bitwit.

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMGeZIuWovE)

First off: the graphics of this game are amazing for a VR game. Remember how a few years ago VR games had really bad graphics and you needed a lot of power to render the ugliness that we called games. Nowadays things are much better. The game atmosphere is pretty awesome and the overall gameplay with the controls is great!

I'm sad that the game has no non VR mode. Sad While my machine has enough power to play this game I don't have a VR hardware setup and I'm not willing to spend a few hundred euros to get a supported VR hardware setup. I don't even have enough space in my room to properly play VR. So all I can do is watch gameplay videos. Nontheless it is a great game.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
Pages (2):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
04-09-2020, 04:49 PM
Last Post: TimeRider
06-30-2017, 06:36 PM
Last Post: kabir145

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting