arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm really happy with my junior VPS at Hostus.us - performance of which is not that junior, and price is affordable.  Support by Alexander and Leo excellent with very fast turnaround of service. 

This is the speed test result of my VPS tonight:

[Image: 7424992152.png]

I have the cheapest VPS in the Hostus stable.  Here are the specs of the VPS:

Disk Size: 20 GB
Monthly Traffic: 500 GB
Memory: 768 MB & 768 MB vSwap
IP Addresses: 1x IPv4 & /4 IPv6
Virtualization: OpenVZ
Control Panel: SolusVM
Connection: 1 Gbit/s

Cost of the VPS is US$ 7.95 for three months or 2.60 US$ per month.  If one takes a year subscription it will be even less.

The quality of VPSs from hostus.us since February 2016 when I first got to learn about them has been consistently great.  If you check the hostus.us link you'll notice it has a long list of locations - you can try them out for speed.  My ISP performs best with the London Location, and I was very lucky to get the location. I've had this location since January of this year.

Before January I've also had a free VPS from Host.us at freevps.us.  VPS 16.  One of the best performing VPSs in their stable - although without a control panel.  Never gave problems however, so didn't need a control panel.

Every VPS Includes:

Terms and Conditions of Hosting (TOS)
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
That's quite a good package for that price. Which makes it even better since they are a reliable provider. I guess disk space is not SSD ? Well its not easy to provide SSD at that price. How is their support staff ? have you tried communicate with them ?

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

(06-27-2018, 02:52 AM)xdude Wrote: That's quite a good package for that price. Which makes it even better since they are a reliable provider. I guess disk space is not SSD ? Well its not easy to provide SSD at that price. How is their support staff ? have you tried communicate with them ?
They do offer SSD but at a higher price of course.  I couldn't find the price on the Website though.  Maybe you could make an inquiry and ask them for a quote?  There's quite a fast turnaround with their support tickets.
Terminal
I have a fantastic VPS with Virmach VPS 9, but for the more risky experimental stuff I use the above Junior paid VPS from HostUS. 

I've done a few experimental projects with it since I started this thread in June 2018.  First I changed the php from VestaCP's 5.6 to 7.0.  That went effortlessly.  Then over the last weekend I played with a Wayback Downloader script and really gave the VPS a great workout.  I had downloaded approx 5GB and 146,694 files from the Internet Archive Wayback Machine.  It took a while for the download to happen, but HostUS managed to do it over 2.5 days without any interruption.  It was just chugging away at it all of the time without spiking the resources until all of the folders and files had been uploaded.

Next experiment after that was to back my big download up to mega.nz - which I think was more of a test for mega.nz.  It didn't go as well as I had hoped for.  It did about 39,000 files and then completely came to a stop.  My online Mega.nz account also started to freeze and it's an empty account with 50GB in it. 

Shortly after the above misfired I thought to install the Extplorer  File Manager that comes with my VestaCP Softaculous so I could see whether I could manage the large file load from the Wayback Machine better.  I then got blank pages with the installation, and after some Googling of the situation realized it had to do with the php version I had changed.  So back to the drawing board again with reloading the OS and starting fresh again. New random port number again (which I can get via email from my HostUS Breeze Panel), new password and new VestaCP.  All of it went with record speed.

First thing I usually do  after the installation is to take a speed test, and was blown away with how good it is.  The speed is faster than ever.  Here is the result of the speed test for today (location in London) and working with the VPS feels as fast as the speed says it is - you can compare it with the speed test at end of June this year 2018 in the OP of the thread:

[Image: 7683536993.png]
Terminal
(10-02-2018, 05:52 AM)deanhills Wrote: I have a fantastic VPS with Virmach VPS 9, but for the more risky experimental stuff I use the above Junior paid VPS from HostUS. 

I've done a few experimental projects with it since I started this thread in June 2018.  First I changed the php from VestaCP's 5.6 to 7.0.  That went effortlessly.  Then over the last weekend I played with a Wayback Downloader script and really gave the VPS a great workout.  I had downloaded approx 5GB and 146,694 files from the Internet Archive Wayback Machine.  It took a while for the download to happen, but HostUS managed to do it over 2.5 days without any interruption.  It was just chugging away at it all of the time without spiking the resources until all of the folders and files had been uploaded.

Next experiment after that was to back my big download up to mega.nz - which I think was more of a test for mega.nz.  It didn't go as well as I had hoped for.  It did about 39,000 files and then completely came to a stop.  My online Mega.nz account also started to freeze and it's an empty account with 50GB in it. 

Shortly after the above misfired I thought to install the Extplorer  File Manager that comes with my VestaCP Softaculous so I could see whether I could manage the large file load from the Wayback Machine better.  I then got blank pages with the installation, and after some Googling of the situation realized it had to do with the php version I had changed.  So back to the drawing board again with reloading the OS and starting fresh again. New random port number again (which I can get via email from my HostUS Breeze Panel), new password and new VestaCP.  All of it went with record speed.

First thing I usually do  after the installation is to take a speed test, and was blown away with how good it is.  The speed is faster than ever.  Here is the result of the speed test for today (location in London) and working with the VPS feels as fast as the speed says it is - you can compare it with the speed test at end of June this year 2018 in the OP of the thread:

[Image: 7683536993.png]

if im not wrong mega.nz have some limitation on traffic . even though you can use 50gb of storage they limit the usage i forget the limit but that how they achieve 50gb for free . also 5GB for 2.5 days = 60 hours . that is probably because it is a random file not a sequential big file so that probably why it took so long just for 5gb
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
why my speedtest of VPS-9 is not more then 500 Mbps ? what is the reason of this slow connection. is it distance issue or something other.
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
(10-03-2018, 11:55 AM)humanpuff69 Wrote: if im not wrong mega.nz have some limitation on traffic . even though you can use 50gb of storage they limit the usage i forget the limit but that how they achieve 50gb for free . also 5GB for 2.5 days = 60 hours . that is probably because it is a random file not a sequential big file so that probably why it took so long just for 5gb

Thanks VERY MUCH for your feedback.  That has to be it.  Makes total sense.  Am glad I learned that though.  As I don't think I'll be using mega for big projects.  To be honest, I don't have projects that justify that large storage anyway. But am glad I at least now know about the bandwidth issue.

(10-03-2018, 01:54 PM)sagher Wrote: why my speedtest of VPS-9 is not more then 500 Mbps ? what is the reason of this slow connection. is it distance issue or something other.

BTW the speed test above was for HostUS, not for my VPS 9 here.  I did a review of my VPS 9 a few weeks ago, and yes that speed is also excellent.

I suspect that your issue has to do with your ISP (Internet Service Provider).  In which country is your ISP situated?  As maybe there is a latency issue that is causing your VPS to be slower than it should be.

Each ISP is different in how they travel to your destination IP and back.  Some are faster than others. 

What you need to do is to test how your ISP travels to your VPS and back.  You need to ping your IP through CMD on your computer.  It will show you what the ping rate is and also how many hubs your ISP has to work through to get to your VPS and back.  My VPS 9 is in Phoenix.  The speed is not as fast as my HostUS that has a location in London, but my ISP connects OK with Phoenix.  Here is my speed test for my VPS 9:

[Image: 7532833913.png]

You'll note how high the ping rate is, but speed is OK.

My ISP average roundtrip to Phoenix and back is 360 Milli Seconds (ms)

For my HostUS VPS with location in London my ISP average roundtrip is 221 ms.  So it's faster than my VPS 9.  Difference between fast and very fast though as I'm very happy with the speed of my VPS 9.  I feel very lucky with both VPSs.
Terminal
(10-03-2018, 01:54 PM)sagher Wrote: why my speedtest of VPS-9 is not more then 500 Mbps ? what is the reason of this slow connection. is it distance issue or something other.

500mbps is slow? It may not be the full gigabit, but that is probably a shared port. I don't think anyone does full dedicated gigabit to each virtual machine.
(10-04-2018, 02:47 PM)coreyman Wrote: 500mbps is slow? It may not be the full gigabit, but that is probably a shared port. I don't think anyone does full dedicated gigabit to each virtual machine.

If he thinks 500 mbps is too slow, 
you don't know that I only feel internet speed of 128kbps for 3 weeks Sad
Terminal
Solo Developer
(10-04-2018, 03:56 PM)chanalku91 Wrote: If he thinks 500 mbps is too slow, 
you don't know that I only feel internet speed of 128kbps for 3 weeks Sad

that is the maximum speedd . that 500mbps is shared through multiple vm but it still much faster than 128kbps . you need to share it rhrough 4000 vm to achieve 128kbps per vm . and most host do like 50 shared maximum
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
Pages (2):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting