arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How To Have A Good Fps In Games
(01-24-2020, 06:34 PM)Honey Wrote: The user mentioned a fix through software which I believe doesn't really match up with physical bottlenecks, still good of you to warn him but I figured you should've also mentioned software.

software bottleneck also can happen . mostly because of these

-soft fps lock / vsync
this can limit the game performance . vsync is basically fps lock to 30 multiplier like 15,30,60 to prevent tearing on monitor because non adaptive sync monitor always scan at the default refresh rate . mostly 60hz . disabling vsync will fix the problem . another thing like vsync is some kind of battery saving mode / laptop mode . disable that too if exist it sometime limit fps

-hardware throttling
the throtling is caused by the software controlling the clock so it is stil count as software bottleneck . if your system is hot your system will probably throttle to lower speed to prevent shutting off because reaching t junction and permanent damage of the component

-engine bottleneck / hard fps lock
some games just cannot go to high fps due to the game engine design or the physics of the game that will screwed if too much high fps used . this is totally the developer fault but this mostly reached when it go to 300fps+ mark . most monitor is still 60hz the higher end one still go to 144 and 240
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
I dont have the best PC build , i myself face FPS problems , But mostly for my hardware i just turn the Graphic settings at lowest in order to achieve the most fps , honestly just make sure there is nothing going on in the background while playing games, most of the times the antivirus/windows update and other shenanigans keep wokring in the back , just close them using Task Manager , if these dont help you out mate , then you need to upgrade your pc.
Thanks to Host4Fun and Post4VPS for my VPS 1.
I don't think that exists any software that can improve your gaming experience, most of your performance depends on physical hardware. The only sort of software that can help you is the driver of your GPU.

Of course you can get more FPS by reducing graphics settings, you can also edit configuration file to set your graphic setting below the minimal profile accessible via Setting Option in-game by disabling effect.

I can only suggest you to upgrade your computer, you don't need to spent a lot of the high-range hardware, a mid one could be also acceptable.
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
@hamed

I guess your system must be so low-spec or so bad that you are really embarrassed to talk about it or mention your specifications despite being asked multiple times already. Take no offense please. I'm just wondering why you are avoiding and evading answering to this kind of questions. I used to rock very bad hardware myself for 10 years until I saved up money and build myself a brand new computer myself.

It's 2020 and you're asking for "snake oil" software tricks to gain more FPS in a game from 2004! So a system that after 16 years can't run such an old game properly must be really outdated and low-spec. That was and still is my guess. Like seriously it must be really bad. Again take no offense please. As I said before there are no real software tricks. People mentioned things that you can do yourself without all the snake oil software and applications. They are general things everyone can do to generally free up resources and increase the performance a little bit by decreasing load on the system caused by unnecessary software and background processes.

The only real way to fix the issue is new hardware. And with "new hardware" I don't even necessary mean a brand new and high end system. To play the games you play properly you don't need a brand new and top notch system. You can even start off with used hardware like older i5/i7 generations that go very cheap used. Used RAM and other used components go for quite a good price. If you don't want used hardware you can actually go the route of brand new hardware that has the right performance but for a good price. Especially with the new Ryzen 3 CPUs and GPUs. Or you can mix new hardware (mainboard, CPU, RAM) with used hardware (GPU) to make a balanced build in terms of cost vs performance.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
would like to add here that you could use second hand hardware to great effect too. right now is a great time to buy used but still in warranty 8/9 th gen systems from people who are jumping to the AMD camp in a hurry.

just this month, i bought and resold two z370 motherboard with really good margins. you can get a b or h series board at even one fifth the price of you do some hard bargaining and help people with their builds.

right now i have a b360 7 month old board in mint condition that a person sold me at just 1100 inr. i helped him with building/assembling his pc.

so you could really get a very nice pc at dirt cheap if you don't mind going intel. 8100,9100f,9400f are coming to the market at really good rates. like 4000,3500-4000,7000 inr.

also i saw a ryzen 5 1600 at 3.5k and 2600 at 6.5 k. both only a year or so used.

used hardwares are great.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
@allguys
Thanks for responding to my thread and giving me some good suggestions. No I don't have a bad system and I have good hardware specifications but sometimes my FPS goes down. I have the highest FPS in the game, but sometimes my FPS is reduced by 20, when I play for more than 5 hours. What is the reason? I want software that will keep FPS high for this time.
Looks as though this topic has been thoroughly discussed. Time to close it.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Pages (2):
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
04-30-2021, 05:59 PM
Last Post: xdude
06-29-2020, 07:33 AM
Last Post: humanpuff69
05-24-2020, 04:08 PM
Last Post: sAmI

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting