arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How does SARS-CoV-2 affect your job situation?
As the title says. How does SARS-CoV-2 affect your current job situation? Or how did it affect your previous job situation?

I'll start with my experience.

I work for a state authority. I still have my job that I have since 2016. We didn't have any short-time work periods. Nobody was laid off so far. Just the usual stuff like work contracts that expired or people that retired due to age.

In terms of work... for me and for the whole IT depatment it has increased. A lot of stress due to all the home office users and lack of devices and other resources to make everything possible as quick as possible. Although our educational branch has been basically shutdown during the first lockdown (March 2020 - August 2020) the work load has no really decreased. It feels like even more. Sometimes goes from 0 t 100 in a few hours and suddenly everyone acts super crazy about going into home office and etc. TL;DR: we have more than enough work to stay employed for a long time. Same stuff in the current lockdown that is supposed to end on the 14th Feb but most likely will be extended again.

In all the time so far I only had a single home office day in which I spent working even more than I would usually when I would be at my office... I won't get started with overtime. Have enough hours left to take off a week. Already did take days of to reduce it as I had to much overtime and that gets your issues with HR. I ended the year 2020 with 13 free vacation days left which I have planned into Jan 2021 and March 2021.

However I'm happy I'm able to keep my position and receive my full pay. Actually we even got a small bonus last year for our outstanding work during the first lockdown.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
I was very fortunate that we did not have any downtime when we received our shelter in place orders. Our IT department had been testing our remote work force for a couple months prior to COVID setting into our area and I was able to float around different departments to keep myself busy. We have seen in our area the unemployment rate rising with bars and restaurants cutting staff to maintain cost, but in other areas like retail we’ve seen a big boom in employment to help keep stores cleaned and stocked.
Thank you to CubeData and Posts4VPS for the services of VPS 8.
Nothing will be effected here in my country. even Just pandemic hits economy badly. and poor died from hunger.
all offices, schools, universities are opened now.
no one here to adopted SOP's.
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
I expected a bit more than two replies of which one is not even a real reply to this specific topic but rather a generic general reply to the situation of the country. Well that's sad. I thought this was an important subject given how bad the situation is in some countries like the US where the number of unemployed has sky rocketed due to lockdowns and many companies closing down forever.

Seems other topics are more interesting. What did I think when I opened this thread? Who knows.

P.S. Employment laws in the US are pretty bad and utterly crap. Would NOT go to the US to work there.
(02-17-2021, 06:58 AM)Mashiro Wrote: I expected a bit more than two replies of which one is not even a real reply to this specific topic but rather a generic general reply to the situation of the country. Well that's sad. I thought this was an important subject given how bad the situation is in some countries like the US where the number of unemployed has sky rocketed due to lockdowns and many companies closing down forever.

Seems other topics are more interesting. What did I think when I opened this thread? Who knows.

P.S. Employment laws in the US are pretty bad and utterly crap. Would NOT go to the US to work there.

I feel you, the forums have been very lacking recently and it's hard to have quality conversations when it is just a core of us responding to each other. 

As for the US and my perspective, yes, this virus is raving our people and economy worse than some of the 3rd World Countries around the work and we have only received 1,800$ over the course of a year to help with expenses such as rent and our utility bills. Restaurants and small business across the city I live in have closed down for good, only to have opened within the last year and then not being able to make money or pay their own bills. 

As for employment.... I got COVID in late April/early May and I had to fight HR for two weeks after returning to work to get my Emergency Covid Sick leave. I would say our labor system is very much a slight of hand magic trick system, where with misdirection folks feel safe and secure while unspoken policies are making it harder and harder for people to be employed while the elite of companies continue to walk away with large sums of money while those actually keeping the show going are barely able to pay their bills or put food on the table.
@Mashiro Apologies. I must have missed this discussion when you first posted it. Could be the other discussions in this Forum overshadowed the new discussion as it was the first time I noticed it today.

Also, of course there are a number of members who aren't employed, or self-employed. Hopefully the discussion will catch the attention for those who are employed.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Quote:who aren't employed

Yes, that was one reason why I though "why did I open this thread" as in that a lot of people here are not employed due to age, being students or other reasons.

Quote:self-employed

This is one more interesting reason to have this topic. Especially maybe from the perspective of the providers here. It would be every interesting to hear from the sponsors how it affected them so far and such.
(02-17-2021, 03:27 PM)tbelldesignco Wrote: I feel you, the forums have been very lacking recently and it's hard to have quality conversations when it is just a core of us responding to each other. 
Nothing new here!.. That's the norm not the exception!..

(02-17-2021, 03:27 PM)tbelldesignco Wrote: As for the US and my perspective, yes, this virus is raving our people and economy worse than some of the 3rd World Countries around the work and we have only received 1,800$ over the course of a year to help with expenses such as rent and our utility bills. Restaurants and small business across the city I live in have closed down for good, only to have opened within the last year and then not being able to make money or pay their own bills. 
Does that really cover the cost of life -even for 1 person- a year-long in the US, regardless of which state one lives in?!..

The Neoliberal economics model did hit hard for the working class inside the World cheerleader for it!

(02-17-2021, 03:27 PM)tbelldesignco Wrote: As for employment.... I got COVID in late April/early May and I had to fight HR for two weeks after returning to work to get my Emergency Covid Sick leave. I would say our labor system is very much a slight of hand magic trick system, where with misdirection folks feel safe and secure while unspoken policies are making it harder and harder for people to be employed while the elite of companies continue to walk away with large sums of money while those actually keeping the show going are barely able to pay their bills or put food on the table.
Sorry to read that!.. Hope you're doing OK as of now!

what does 'HR' stand for?...

I kind of follow closely the US foreign and domestic (especially at the federal level) politics, and Man!.. that kind of sucks from the Working class perspective..

... The US is a Big Corporations Heaven -indeed- but a Working class graveyard for Sure!.. No wonder why it's relying on Immigration to sustain its M.O... Something that Trump did never get!!.. Did He?.. You can never please both the Big Corps that rule the US and the majority of the Voters... unless you appeal at some deep rotten ideology.. Something Trump did pull off once but couldn't do it twice!.. People always wise up in the end!

P.S.: I had to place these comments somewhere. This was the opportunity.
VirMach's Buffalo_VPS-9 Holder (Dec. 20 - July 21)
microLXC's Container Holder (july 20 - ?)
VirMach's Phoenix_VPS-9 Holder (Apr. 20 - June 20)
NanoKVM's NAT-VPS Holder (jan. 20 - ?)
(02-03-2021, 07:07 AM)sagher Wrote: all offices, schools, universities are opened now.
no one here to adopted SOP's.

WHAT? Is it? Here everybody still do online school, so no schools or universities are open. Only staff that should go to the office go.
But for office it's now only 50% (or 25%, idk) of its full capacity allowed. But some are still breaking the rules, Idk how it is applied out there.

Well in general (as I'm not yet employed), everybody is doing their job right now. Many companies collapsed during the first few months of COVID-19 here. Companies that successfully passed the first few months now are stable and most of them are finding new employees. So I think economy might have be recovered.

My parents doesn't get affected too much with the pandemic. We get affected a little bit at the first month when the virus "arrive" in our city, but after that it's all fine. I'm glad we're not living in a big city tho, otherwise it'll be a different story.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
(02-18-2021, 09:30 AM)fChk Wrote: Nothing new here!.. That's the norm not the exception!..

Does that really cover the cost of life -even for 1 person- a year-long in the US, regardless of which state one lives in?!..

The Neoliberal economics model did hit hard for the working class inside the World cheerleader for it!

Sorry to read that!.. Hope you're doing OK as of now!

what does 'HR' stand for?...

I kind of follow closely the US foreign and domestic (especially at the federal level) politics, and Man!.. that kind of sucks from the Working class perspective..

... The US is a Big Corporations Heaven -indeed- but a Working class graveyard for Sure!.. No wonder why it's relying on Immigration to sustain its M.O... Something that Trump did never get!!.. Did He?.. You can never please both the Big Corps that rule the US and the majority of the Voters... unless you appeal at some deep rotten ideology.. Something Trump did pull off once but couldn't do it twice!.. People always wise up in the end!

P.S.: I had to place these comments somewhere. This was the opportunity.

Yeah I am doing much better, I will randomly have a coughing fit or somedays not be able to taste, but it is getting better. HR stands for Human Resources.

As for your Neoliberal comment, I do agree. In the United States we have two dominate parties, the Democrats (Biden) and the Republicans (Trump). Back in the day it was actually the Republican Party who stood for the working class, while today we see them on the 180 where they are more motivated by special interests with corporations and large tax breaks. I do know that the Democrats do the same thing, but during the Pandemic, the Democratic Party in the United States has been trying to do more for the people that need help while the Republics deadlock the bills making it hard for the people to get the aid they need.
Pages (2):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting