arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to bookmark section of a website ?
Well, I have several really long articles to read and finding the place where I stopped giving me a headache. These webpages doesn't have anchors either. so does anyone know how to bookmark a section or specific place of a website ? Something like Firefox Addon ?

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

most websites are adaptive these days. so the height depends on the viewport size. so there can't be fixed locations that way. if there are no anchors then you could note down some phrase that will give you the position when you search with it.
that's the only way I can think of in your case.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
Indeed. that's the problem. I think I need to use an alternative way. It better turn the printer version of the article into a PDF. That way I can use the features of PDF readers. There are no other easy way to do this. I should have done that in the first place rather than looking for even easier way to do it. Smile

I have an idea. If you're reading article, just note down where you stop and save it in your reminder or note. Next time when you open the article, Hold CTRL and press F, this will open a page search box where you can paste the last noted text and then navigate back to where you were.

If you're using Google Chrome on mobile, you can press three dots on right hand side cover, beside URL box and tap on "Find in page".
Premium Web Hosting | ShadowCrypt | Manal Shaikh Official Website
If you find my post/thread useful, you're supposed to +rep me. 
(12-19-2018, 04:58 PM)Manal Wrote: I have an idea. If you're reading article, just note down where you stop and save it in your reminder or note. Next time when you open the article, Hold CTRL and press F, this will open a page search box where you can paste the last noted text and then navigate back to where you were.

If you're using Google Chrome on mobile, you can press three dots on right hand side cover, beside URL box and tap on "Find in page".

and here I thought I meant exactly the same thing when I wrote about mine above. just I fewer words i guess. now i remember. none reads old messages.. including me Tongue

may be someone will come up with something.. a script of some type may be. on scriptmonkey.

saving pdf as he said would be a good idea too.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
There should be such an option in browser to avoid difficulty in dragging to bottom.
I think some kind of javascript programming will work.

Thank you  Sweet

Thanks guys. But, it seems turning the page into pdf works well in my situation. Now I can read those anywhere in any device even off line. plus the reader remembers the place I stopped. But I agree with @Littlemaster It would be great if there is a built in open in web browsers for this.

Offline save option of any webpage is too old way to save page for offline record. also mozilla have a save page option i used many times. but in this situation too many chance to corrupt your data backup files. mozilla makes a folder and save many files for a single web. so what is do is i coppied all text even using Ctrl+A command and paste it into Microsoft Word. and save it for long long time with no error. even option to editing and formatting of text. and zoom in zoom out option too.
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
Well, the # operator works well in that situation, as you can just point to that section by typing the header with the # sign. Like urlhere/#section3name
No one knows what the future holds, that's why its potential is infinite

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting