arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to install Dos Deflate
Hello guys,

This tutorial is about installing DoS Deflate, it protects your VPS from small attacks.
This tutorial is made very easy, so by just following my steps, it will be installed.
You also do not need any knowledge to install as this tutorial is very easy.

Lets download the script first.
wget http://www.inetbase.com/scripts/ddos/install.sh

When the script is downloaded, you have to change the permission of the file that you downloaded.

chmod 0700 install.sh

Lets install the script now.
./install.sh

Easy, the script is installed, but what if you want to uninstall the script? It is easy, just follow my steps if you want to uninstall it.

Download the script of uninstalling it first.
wget http://www.inetbase.com/scripts/ddos/uninstall.ddos

Change the permission of the file that you downloaded.
chmod 0700 uninstall.ddos

Run the script now.
./uninstall.ddos

You can also change the configuration, it is easy too.
You can use any one of those two commands to edit the configuration file.
vi /usr/local/ddos/ddos.conf
or
nano /usr/local/ddos/ddos.conf

You can edit it like how you want, when its done, save it.

You can reinstall the script when the configuration file is edited.
sh /usr/local/ddos/ddos.sh -c
Very simple tutorial but I think it's better to use IP Tables to protect your VPS from small attacks. This software is probably using them.
I have added something which doesn't allow anyone to access root account without my home IP. I think its more secured.
(12-02-2016, 02:10 PM)Neco Wrote: Very simple tutorial but I think it's better to use IP Tables to protect your VPS from small attacks. This software is probably using them.
Please make a tutorial about IP Tables for Debian/Ubuntu. I would be happy to read it.
(12-02-2016, 02:10 PM)Neco Wrote: Very simple tutorial but I think it's better to use IP Tables to protect your VPS from small attacks. This software is probably using them.

I think it will be more better if used both DoS Deflate and IP Tables for better security.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
05-09-2021, 04:39 PM
Last Post: deanhills

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting