arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to Install TeamSpeak3 on Debian/Ubuntu
Hello there, I'm going to show you the easiest way to install SinusBot and TeamSpeak3 on VPS both for Debian and Ubuntu! TeamSpeak3 is a Voice Server which is mostly used by the eSport teams for communication and it is also used by some students and other individuals too, On the other hand Sinusbot is a MusicBot in which you could listen music or setup amazing scripts provided over their forum!

So, Lets get started by updating and installing some tools for running TeamSpeak3

For Debian/Ubuntu Users
apt-get update && apt-get upgrade
apt-get install nano wget perl tar bzip2

Now, Add a non-root user for TeamSpeak3 as it is not recommended to run TeamSpeak3 on root user!

PHP Code: (Select All)
adduser --disabled-login username
*Now you can switch to the username*
su username 

Setting up the files for TeamSpeak3 Server and starting the server :
PHP Code: (Select All)
http://dl.4players.de/ts/releases/3.12.1/teamspeak3-server_linux_amd64-3.12.1.tar.bz2    - FOR 64BIT*
http://dl.4players.de/ts/releases/3.12.1/teamspeak3-server_linux_x86-3.12.1.tar.bz2      - FOR 32BIT*
tar xvf teamspeak3-server_linux_amd64-3.12.1.tar.bz2 
cd teamspeak3
-server_linux_amd64

touch 
.ts3server_license_accepted   
(TeamSpeak3 requirest you to accept a licence before starting it for the first time)
(
You can read the terms by typing nano LICENSE)
Now start the server by typing

./
ts3server_startscript.sh start 
Your TeamSpeak3 will generate a ServerAdmin Password, APKIKEY and one time user Server Admin Token which should be used open joining the server first time
Example of the generated stuff
------------------------------------------------------------------
                     I M P O R T A N T                          
              Server Query Admin Account created                
        loginname= "serveradmin", password= "f5SfK3"

I M P O R T A N T                          
     ServerAdmin privilege key created, please use it to gain
     serveradmin rights for your virtualserver. please
     also check the doc/privilegekey_guide.txt for details.

token=aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

You have successfully installed TeamSpeak3 Server on your VPS! TeamSpeak3 is a voice server.
Pros
TeamSpeak3 is simple and have a decent interface
It uses much less ram as compared to others Voice Servers.
You can also use multiple scripts to modify the server according to your needs (Example, Admin Bots which manage users and other actions)
Cons:
TeamSpeak3 Free Licence allows only 32 slots and the gamer licence starts from 55$! They do not accept sponsorship offer real easily.
Thanks to ReadyDedis and Post4VPS for the amazing VPS 7!

thank you for sharing this tutorial. but i also think that not many people using teamspeak these days. last time i was using teamspeak it was 3 years ago and the more time passes the less uses teamspeak has. not just teamspeak but other application such as xfire. and more (i cant remember xD)
the most used application is discord, which is free and that is why everyone uses it. and also i am still happy to see that teamspeak is still used and being heard sometimes
Thank you Post4vps and BladeNode for vps 6!!!
TeamSpeak3 is still widely used in Pakistan and other countries too i have seen many servers with literally thousands of people online. Discord is more popular so slots issue new interesting features. but teamspeak3 is for those who only prefer decent looking app and communication. I have asked many people why dont you use discord the most wide answer i have heard is that discord looks a little complicated that is why we prefer teamspeak3.
Thanks to ReadyDedis and Post4VPS for the amazing VPS 7!

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting