arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to install Windows 11 on unsupported hardware
Yesterday I talked about Windows 11 and its new minimal requirements such as Secure Boot and TPM 2.0

A lot of people are complaining about this choice... but what do you except? 
Microsoft is trying to make a revolution on their OS on both graphical and technology way. All of that is essentially hard to make for older hardware.

An older hardware has such limitations:
  • No secure boot
  • No TPM module (it can be added via CPU FW update, but Intel will not upgrade CPU that has been discontinued)
  • No DirectStorage API: It requires both Windows 11 and a supported GPU card
But if you still want to try out Windows 11 on bare hardware instead of a VM... here you go a guide on how to install Windows 11 on unsupported hardware:

THIS GUIDE HAS BEEN TESTED ON WINDOWS 11 INSIDER PREVIEW. IT IS UNKOWN IF THESE METHOD WILL STILL WORK ON FINAL RELEASE.

Currently there are 2-3 method to successfully install Windows 11 on unsupported hardware.

First of all, we need to get on our hands a ISO of Windows 11... I can't share mine due to security reasons (who will install an OS from a random guy's iso?). I can't neither tell you how to download one because MS doesn't publish any iso for Insiders... BUT iso can be "generated" using UUP.

UUPDump is a website that allow you to create scripts that will download UUP and generate an ISO from them. The usage is very basic and doesn't need much to explain. This link points to the [color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]22000.51 x64[/color] build. The iso creation process will take a while depending on your pc performance and internet speed.
If you are not confortable with scripts, look for a ISO on the web from a reliable source.

So, now we got a ISO that will not install the OS on our machine due to Secure Boot and TPM 2.0 limitation. What can we do?

@Mashiro anticipated already one of the methods:
1) REGEDIT way
  • Create the bootable USB with the generated iso
  • During installation, when the limitation screen shows up press SHIFT+F10 and a cmd window will pop-up
  • Now type regedit and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup 
  • Create a new key called "LabConfig" and insert the following entries:
    BypassTPMCheck=dword:00000001
    BypassSecureBootCheck=dword:00000001
  • Save the changes and you should be able to continue the installation

2) Install.wim swap
  • Get your hands on a Windows 10 ISO
  • Create the bootable USB with the Windows 10 iso
  • Extract Windows 11 iso
  • Replace the install.win from USB "sources" folder with the Windows 11 one

3) Appraiserress.dll downgrade
  • Get your hands on a Windows 10 ISO
  • Create the bootable USB with the Windows 11 iso
  • Extract Windows 10 iso
  • Replace the Appraiserress.dll from USB "sources" folder with the Windows 10 one

Method 1 requires the use of regedit and it must be performed every time we want to install Windows 11. Methods 2 and 3 are "apply-once" workaround that will make your ISO capable of installing Windows 11 on every machine without any manual command input.

For applying method 2 and 3 there is a script developed by a fellow Windows modder that will apply one of them automatically but I will not post it because I still have no permission to post the script on other forums.

Let me know if you knew this methods and if you will use of them!
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
So far you can bypass the Secure Boot and TPM 2.0 requirement during the Windows 11 Installation process: https://www.windowslatest.com/2021/06/28...quirement/
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
(06-29-2021, 09:02 AM)Mashiro Wrote: So far you can bypass the Secure Boot and TPM 2.0 requirement during the Windows 11 Installation process: https://www.windowslatest.com/2021/06/28...quirement/

Thanks for your reply. I was going to write about this method too but something came up and I had to pause my writing. This method is very easy but it is not permanent, you must perform it on every installation.

Methods 2 and 3 are permanent but require a bit of work, still there is a script that applies there workaround automatically but I am still waiting for publish permission from the author.
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting