arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to install new OS on NanoKVM VPS
Rainbow 
Before beginning I want to elaborate why I started this thread....
I installed ajenti and changed the port in-between  7801-7820 to access it but later on I wanted to uninstall it and install cyberpanel.
But as soon as I tried sudo apt-get remove ajenti it gave me a error that no package ajenti found.
I asked @chanalku91 as he also owns one nanokvm vps on how to change os.
He stated me some steps which I tried and it worked out well after I tried it twice.....
So, the whole credits to @chanalku91 for this Wink
I am just going to elaborate it more Smile
And yes thnx to @Neoon for giving us such a nice NanoKVM VPS Wink

Okay, So let's get started!

Step 1: As Usual first login to the NanoKVM panel

Step 2: Select the ISO which you want from the ISO Option on the panel
[Image: image.png]

Step 3: Then restart the vps by clicking that Restart button

Step 4: Now click on the VNC button to open the VNC details.
            It get changed in few seconds so as soon as the VNC details page opens then connect to it by using your preferred VNC client.
            Here, I am gonna use RealVNC VNC Viewer.
            Now as soon as you get connected you will get a screen like this(If you haven't tried installing any iso then you will get something like                    this):

Step 5: Restarting the machine to select the BOOT from option. For this click on the ctrl + alt + del button

Step 6: As soon as you click that button the system will start restarting. Once you see this page immediately click Esc button.

Step 7: Now you will reach the Boot Menu if you performed all the above steps clearly!

Now select the 3rd option which contains the installation ISO file.

And Voila! The new OS Installation page will open up!

FEEL FREE TO ASK Me(@Amresh), @chanalku91, @Neoon and Staff if you have any doubt Wink
Contributions to threads are always welcomed!
Terminal
Thankyou Post4VPS, @Pacific Spirit (Hostlease) for a Free VPS!
+
Thankyou to @Neoon for a Free NanoKVM VPS
You can always ask for a template reinstall.
But of course you can do it by yourself via VNC anytime.
oh my friend, you made a tutorial for how to install OS on NanoKVM Smile
why not make a review related to the VPS you use, so that service providers are more happy!

xixixixi
Terminal
Solo Developer
(07-22-2020, 11:37 AM)chanalku91 Wrote: oh my friend, you made a tutorial for how to install OS on NanoKVM Smile
why not make a review related to the VPS you use, so that service providers are more happy!

xixixixi

Yes I will make one for sure.....
Right now experimenting all the things.... to discover new things.... Wink
Terminal
+
(07-22-2020, 10:47 AM)Amresh Wrote: Before beginning I want to elaborate why I started this thread....
I installed ajenti and changed the port in-between  7801-7820 to access it but later on I wanted to uninstall it and install cyberpanel.
But as soon as I tried sudo apt-get remove ajenti it gave me a error that no package ajenti found.
I asked @chanalku91 as he also owns one nanokvm vps on how to change os.
He stated me some steps which I tried and it worked out well after I tried it twice.....
So, the whole credits to @chanalku91 for this Wink
I am just going to elaborate it more Smile
And yes thnx to @Neoon for giving us such a nice NanoKVM VPS Wink

Okay, So let's get started!

Step 1: As Usual first login to the NanoKVM panel

Step 2: Select the ISO which you want from the ISO Option on the panel

Step 3: Then restart the vps by clicking that Restart button

Step 4: Now click on the VNC button to open the VNC details.
            It get changed in few seconds so as soon as the VNC details page opens then connect to it by using your preferred VNC client.
            Here, I am gonna use RealVNC VNC Viewer.
            Now as soon as you get connected you will get a screen like this(If you haven't tried installing any iso then you will get something like                    this):

Step 5: Restarting the machine to select the BOOT from option. For this click on the ctrl + alt + del button

Step 6: As soon as you click that button the system will start restarting. Once you see this page immediately click Esc button.

Step 7: Now you will reach the Boot Menu if you performed all the above steps clearly!

Now select the 3rd option which contains the installation ISO file.

And Voila! The new OS Installation page will open up!

FEEL FREE TO ASK Me(@Amresh), @chanalku91, @Neoon and Staff if you have any doubt Wink
Contributions to threads are always welcomed!

Seeing that boot menu gave me goosebumps. VPS 9’s BIOS doesn’t have a boot menu at all. You’re forced to change the boot order from SolusVM no matter what you do through VNC. It simply doesn’t have a proper boot menu.

This is incredibly annoying because you need to ask the admins to change the boot order in SolusVM whenever you need to have it changed (for example, when you’re trying to install from iso like you are doing here). Then ask them again to change it back when you’re done.

Anyways nice tutorial with great step-by-step pictures!
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.
Amazing tutorial!
The web panel is very easy to understand but it can be a little hard for first timers!

I just want to say that I asked multiple times for a specific ISO and the NanoKVM's staff mounted it without any problem! (CentOS 8 or AlpineLinux)

So you don't have any limitation, I suggest to try out Alpine, it is very lightweight, you can get everything piece of power that your little beast can offer!
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
(07-23-2020, 01:37 PM)LightDestory Wrote: Amazing tutorial!
The web panel is very easy to understand but it can be a little hard for first timers!

I just want to say that I asked multiple times for a specific ISO and the NanoKVM's staff mounted it without any problem! (CentOS 8 or AlpineLinux)

So you don't have any limitation, I suggest to try out Alpine, it is very lightweight, you can get everything piece of power that your little beast can offer!

Hey 1 more thing I want to say which I didn't metioned in the tutorial that you can install any (most of the) linux with the help of netboot.xyz.iso ....
Steps are the same except that ISO selection step....
The change is that select the netboot.xyz.iso file in the ISO option .... and the rest is same .....
After that you will get a screen from where you can install Linux (infact Windows too but disc is not that much too install it! XD
Credits: @Neoon (He introduced me to netboot.xyz in email support Smile )
Terminal
+

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
05-09-2021, 04:39 PM
Last Post: deanhills

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting