arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to optimize Apache web server?
Thumbs Up 
Apache web server is probably too restrictive when not optimized. You can follow below steps to tweak the Apache directives for maximum performance.
1) Login to WHM as a root user.
2) Once you are logged in, search for Service Configuration and click on it.
3) In the new menu, click on Apache Configuration.
4) In Apache Configuration, select Global Configuration.
5) In Global Configuration menu, we will need to make changes in different fields as below and click on save.
StartServers = 5
MinSpareServers = 5
MaxSpareServers = 10
ServerLimit = 500
MaxRequestWorkers = 500
MaxRequestsPerChild = 4000
Timeout = 20

That's it! enjoy the optimized Apache configuration to load your website faster without impacting your server resources like CPU/RAM.
This can be quite useful. But could you explain little bit more about these functions and What these things do ? Also what you have posted are the best parameters for these ?

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

there is no best parameter or value for the ones posted above. good values vary from case to case or else the guys would mention these so called best values in comments of the associated settings file. a totally silly thread in my opinion. no explanation nothing. please explain and give source reference. thanks
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
I think you can make something more complete than this?
That's quite helpful
Terminal
Solo Developer
@harry_v

Moved from VPS Support to Tutorials Forum as it isn't a VPS support request

Looks as though this "tutorial" is specifically relevant to a VPS with cPanel? Agreed with other contributors content is very sketchy. For example, why did you find Apache too restrictive? How does Apache work (or not work) when it is too restrictive? And "yes", please provide source where you got the code from. Otherwise it may have to be considered a copy paste article.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Yeah. I wondered that too What makes Apache too restrictive ? I thought it has way too many functions by default. Usually I tone it down a bit to same RAM. In most cases I prefer to use lighttpd over Apache. But these days the trend seems to be using Nginx.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

also those min and max numbers and limit values he mentioned have no best value. just optimum value depending on use case and system specs. so this is not a tutorial.
at best it could be a reply to someone asking for a recommended config for his use case (or the op gives us that context). but i dont see anyone asking for that. without that , some explanations would save the day. but no. they are nowhere to be found either...

sorry.. way too much rant today..
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
1.apt-get install nginx
2.apt-get purge apache2

that should work

thats just sarcasm . you can try use opcache to make the website faster espescially with dynamic content that use lot of php processing . nginx have faster static content speed but for the dynamic speed it almost same
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
(02-05-2019, 04:08 PM)humanpuff69 Wrote: 1.apt-get install nginx
2.apt-get purge apache2

that should work

thats just sarcasm . you can try use opcache to make the website faster espescially with dynamic content that use lot of php processing . nginx have faster static content speed but for the dynamic speed it almost same

If so, why don't you use litespeed?
Because it's faster than nginx
Terminal
Solo Developer
(02-06-2019, 09:22 AM)chanalku91 Wrote: If so, why don't you use litespeed?
Because it's faster than nginx

litespeed isnt free and i am more familiar with nginx but from the benchmark that i show litespeed is the fastest espescially with the opcache enabled but still it isnt free . i use nginx because it the balance beetwen apache and litespeed so the best of the world and the margin of speed isnt that differ from nginx to litespeed unlike apache to nginx
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
Pages (2):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting