arrow_upward

Pages (3):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I want to learn French.
Hello guys,

i want to learn French. To anyone here has gone through the process, could you please give me some pointers ?

Pronunciation is so dang hard. Also writing it using English alphabet. I dont see much similarity with English there.

This whole journey is making me understand why Sanskrit, Hindi, Bengali etc are considered easier. They have less quirky grammar and much better alphabet.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
I can speak very well French due that I had a company in Luxembourg, and i spoked there a lot of french. I can help you if you want. You know where to find me Wink
@F7N
thanks a lot !
Do you know of any good book or website that gives a summarized version of most used grammar rules with examples and like 100 or 200 most used words. I want to have a practical approach to learning it.

Cause I hope you understand that It is neither very productive nor beneficial to keep bugging you for like every small detail.

Here is an example of the kind of things bugging me right now.

Je m'appelle deep
I am deep.

But then,

Tu t'appelle(s?) F7N.

I need help with how basic verb forms change with person and tense.

Also is there any helpful guide to writing it ?

The pronunciation and spelling seem like galaxies apart.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
Find some people talking french and english, through skype or any other voice enabled communication platform, talk with them and it will help you to learn french naturally.

Thank you  Sweet

Learn by watching movies from that country!
This is very helpful in learning languages
Terminal
Solo Developer
(02-17-2019, 03:58 AM)Littlemaster Wrote: Find some people talking french and english, through  skype or any other voice enabled communication platform, talk with them and it will help you to learn french naturally.
Great idea really ! But the problem is I am not a bodacious babe and Indian males have this really unhelpful reputation online when it comes to girls [not totally undeserved I must accede, what with all the "please sow me your vegena and bobs" and the desperation and immaturity apparently too common and even encouraged in culture and media.]
So why would anyone want to spend time talking or teaching me ?

@chanalku91
another awesome idea. But unfortunately it is often hard for me to detect individual words when they talk normally.
Heh, i dont understand some English accents that well. Like
mississippi accent thick like bayou mud (redneck talk) and many others.

I guess I need to find films where they speak slowly in neutral accent, if that is even a thing in French.

Edit. yeeey. I just tried some youtube videos showing southern accent. I understood most of them. Big Grin
What you can do is also using google translate for words to learn, keep in mind that Google translate may have spells errors in grammar, so simple words should able to do but I would not recommend using whole sentences. If you have discord you can add me.
Also for the fun to help you get on with my current French. Do you have a trial here Wink
Aussi pour le plaisir de vous aider à continuer mon français actuel. Avez-vous un aperçu ici Wink

Ce que vous pouvez faire, c'est également utiliser Google Translate pour apprendre les mots. N'oubliez pas que Google Translate peut contenir des erreurs de grammaire. Des mots simples doivent donc pouvoir être utilisés, mais je ne recommanderais pas l'utilisation de phrases entières. Si vous avez la discorde, vous pouvez m'ajouter.
@rudra You can check with Alliance Francais - there's a number of them all over the world to promote the French language and culture. Some of the classes may be free or low cost. Not sure where you live, but this is what they look like as an example for Kolkata - I'm sure if you Google you can find one close to you:
https://bengale.afindia.org/
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
@deanhills
thanks for the suggestion. I know about them. But the thing is I grew up not being able to afford a lot of things i needed (let alone the things I wanted). Some people work hard to drastically change that situation. I went in another direction. I like living a simple frugal life. Cause life as I understand is only once. I do not want to spend a big and prime part of it chasing money and comfort and acceptance and women so I could lose even more time spending them to get my species specific fix of natural neurochemical shots for enjoyment.

I like to read and experience things. Not like to focus or obsess over a single thing (though I am possibly coming to a point where I have witnessed enough of the human condition and may willingly decide to try to obsess over mathematics. But I don't know if and how that will work out, cause I am not quite there yet.)

But thanks.
(02-17-2019, 04:55 PM)rudra Wrote: @deanhills
thanks for the suggestion. I know about them. But the thing is I grew up not being able to afford a lot of things i needed (let alone the things I wanted). Some people work hard to drastically change that situation. I went in another direction. I like living a simple frugal life. Cause life as I understand is only once. I do not want to spend a big and prime part of it chasing money and comfort and acceptance and women so I could lose even more time spending them to get my species specific fix of natural neurochemical shots for enjoyment.

I like to read and experience things. Not like to focus or obsess over a single thing (though I am possibly coming to a point where I have witnessed enough of the human condition and may willingly decide to try to obsess over mathematics. But I don't know if and how that will work out, cause I am not quite there yet.)

But thanks.
@rudra  You've been high on a pedestal, but are even higher now.  I like your philosophy of life.  

OK back to the topic.  I found the following free lessons that give you the pronunciation and will help you learn vocabulary.  It looks very simple and practical:
https://www.elearningfrench.com/french-c...ers.html#1
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Pages (3):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting