arrow_upward

Pages (3):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I want to learn French.
(09-27-2020, 01:23 PM)LightDestory Wrote: I have studied French for likely 3 year on middle school, it was a nightmare. French's vocabolary and prons wasn't suited for me. I mean I am Italian and I am fluent on English, moreover I have started learning the basics of russians and I can say that it is easier for me as language.
Now that is amazing. I did a little bit of French a few years back and have forgotten most of it, but I thought Italian and French would be as close to another (being both Latin based languages) as relatively German and Dutch would be (being Germanic languages).

What is even more amazing is that you find Russian easier than French. Wow! For me Russian feels like light years away for me than even French has been.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
I have started checking Spanish and French and these Old Latin-based languages are quite complicated. One of the biggest problems I face is everything having masculine and feminine versions. This is something we don't have in English and some of these you just have to memorize. I think the first thing to do is having a good vocabulary of As many words you can find which are commonly used. I have to thank YOutube for having so many Videos about these languages.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

An update for you. I like the way Duolingo app is used to learn languages. I don't know whether you will like it. But you can have a try.
Learning language and acquisition of language is different. I think the best way is the second method. You need to speak with someone who knows both French and English.In language acquisition we first try to listen and make connection with words and images or symbols. Then keep trying to repeat the same. As you have tried to find partners who are interested in language learning, you may also try the new clubhouse app for learning french. Whenever you search keep the keyword. It is better to avoid random french people. But their may be someone who are trying to learn French as you are doing. They may be in an advanced stage even if they are not french. If someone not working, then don't lose hope. I had seen genuine guys.

Thank you  Sweet

(06-30-2021, 06:31 PM)Littlemaster Wrote: An update for you. I like the way Duolingo app is used to learn languages. I don't know whether you will like it. But you can have a try.
Learning language and acquisition of language is different. I think the best way is the second method. You need to speak with someone who knows both French and English.In language acquisition we first try to listen and make connection with words and images or symbols. Then keep trying to repeat the same.  As you have tried to find partners who are interested in language learning, you may also try the new clubhouse app for learning french. Whenever you search keep the keyword. It is better to avoid random french people. But their may be someone who are trying to learn French as you are doing. They may be in an advanced stage even if they are not french. If someone not working,  then don't lose hope. I had seen genuine guys.

I've been using Duolingo when I learnt Deutsch (don't expect I can even speak or write now HAHA). I don't know about other language but Duolingo for Deutsch is a little bit ... funny. I googled and it also happened in other language too.

[Image: funny-duolingo-bird-memes-6-5ca4bc2a05703__700.jpg]

I find it's way better to speak/write directly to native or other person that is learning that language (like I do here). They can correct us. I haven't find any place to do that though.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
(02-16-2019, 10:15 PM)rudra Wrote: i want to learn French.
Well, lucky you!.. Because I want to forget it.. but to no avail ! :-)

French was the second foreign language that came along with my formal education years. English was the third.

(02-16-2019, 10:15 PM)rudra Wrote: Pronunciation is so dang hard. Also writing it using English alphabet. I dont see much similarity with English there.
The French alphabet and the English alphabet have similarities because they are both Latin alphabets, based on Latin script/alphabet.

The 2 languages (in their phonetic form) however are different: the first has its roots in Latin while the second is Germanic.

To my ears (and this is subjective indeed) and among latin-based languages, French is far more appealing than let's say Spanish or Portuguese or even Italian --may be others will disagree but to me it's a FACT!

I agree though that French pronunciation is too hard if the learning wasn't done early on during one's childhood. One can pick it up to near Parisian accent if the kid is exposed to it that early.

(02-16-2019, 10:15 PM)rudra Wrote: i want to learn French. To anyone here has gone through the process, could you please give me some pointers ?

(...)

Any help will be appreciated.
Nothing compares to total immersion among the natives after studying it for awhile. That's to me the only pragmatic way to master it.
VirMach's Buffalo_VPS-9 Holder (Dec. 20 - July 21)
microLXC's Container Holder (july 20 - ?)
VirMach's Phoenix_VPS-9 Holder (Apr. 20 - June 20)
NanoKVM's NAT-VPS Holder (jan. 20 - ?)
Pages (3):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting