arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Implementation of 20 posts rule
(03-02-2020, 07:39 PM)deanhills Wrote: My apologies to those VPS Holders who are very diligent in making their 20 posts a month.  This announcement is obviously not meant for you.  This announcement is meant for defaulting members who feel it is harsh when their VPS is powered down after they have failed to make their 20 posts for the month.

In order to keep a VPS the VPS Holder has to make 20 posts every month.  This rule is very strictly applied.  And for good reason.  This is what keeps the Forum alive for the owner and makes it possible for us to get a VPS.  It's the least we can do for what we get.

Most of our members understand this, but for those who don't, it is the responsibility of the VPS Holder to check the number of his posts.  Not the staff.  We do assist (as a courtesy and a voluntary effort) by writing e-mails to VPS Holders with missing posts on or before 27th of the month, and we do warn them of the consequences. However it is up to the VPS Holder to ensure that he has made the 20 required posts. Otherwise his VPS will be powered down on the first of the next month.   

Sometimes posts get deleted, and when they do the deleted posts may not be reflected in the post counter.  So again, I'm sure most members know about this, but if not, it is still their responsibility for checking the number of their posts.  Again, I will try my best to remind those in default by 27th of the month, however then please don't ignore that e-mail and assume that the Admin hasn't read your post counter correctly. If I let you know you have missing posts then you do have missing posts.  And if you're in doubt about this, you should immediately let me know by PM or open a Private Inquiry in the Forum.  Please note however that the inquiry doesn't absolve you from making the missing posts.  It may be better to make "additional posts" to be sure you are covered by the end of the month.  In the final analysis it is your responsibility to ensure you have a confirmed response from me well before the end of the month so that you have sufficient time left to make the "missing posts".

Finally, by the time your VPS has been powered down because of missing posts, you'll have been duly warned what will happen when you have missing posts.  It is not a pleasure for me to do that as it creates more work for me.  I don't do this gladly, I'd much prefer not having to do this at all.  So please don't look at this as harsh treatment.  I'd much prefer you to complete your posts well before the end of the month.  So I don't have to remind you or have to count your posts manually.  

For those who are new or need refreshing the following may be important information to note:
  • Failing to make the 20 posts will lead to power-down of the VPS on the 1st of the next month.  
  • VPS Holder may re-apply for the VPS during the Giveaway that starts immediately after the VPS has been powered down.  If the application has been successful, 100$ will be subtracted from the VPS Holder's post credits.
  • Being in excess of 50% warning will lead to immediate termination of VPS and possible ban of Forum Account depending on the nature of the warning.
  • Posting period of the month ends at 12-midnight of the last day of the month GMT (Greenwich Mean Time).
  • Please note there is a limitation of 4 posts per day to avoid quick succession of one-liner posts to the equivalent of spam.  It is strongly recommended members spread their posts evenly over the month instead of wait for the last days of the month to make all of the posts.  
  • Note that for those who usually make longer length posts of the discussion type, the post number limitation will automatically be lifted after the 4th post if the posts before the 4th post have been of a longer length. So if you are a power poster then the post limitation per day may not be an issue. 
  • For those who are in the habit of making one-liner posts, depending on the quality of the discussion in the posts, the posts may be removed from the Forum.  One-liner posts, depending on the discussion, may be considered as spam.
  • Copy paste posts are strictly against the Forum Rules and will earn a VPS holder a warning.  If in addition there is no discussion the post will be removed from the Forum.
  • Responsibility for checking the number of posts lies with the VPS Holder. You can check the number of your posts manually under the activity link in your profile.  If there is a difference in the number in your post counter and the manual count, the manual count number overrides the number in your post counter.  The post counter number is only there for a guide line.  
  • Please note deleted posts don't count towards the post month total and are subtracted from the post total of the month.  To make 100% sure about your post number, particularly when you are posting a minimum 20 post number, it is best to count the posts manually well before the end of the month. Otherwise PM the Giveaway Manager for confirmation.  Do this well before the end of the month to ensure enough time to complete missing posts.
  • The following forums are excluded and don't earn post credits:
    • Support Forum
    • Private support forum
    • Private VPS Request forum
    • Spam/test forum
    • Introduction forum

Thank you so much @deanhills for this great post clarifying everything in detail! It is absolutely well written!

It makes me sad seeing people losing their VPSs because of not reaching their 20 posts per month. Same goes to the ones that break the rules. The latter prove to either not have read the terms before applying for their VPSs, or they’re just trouble makers thinking no one will notice.

As for the 20 monthly posts:

I personally believe that all you ask for are just 20 monthly posts is quite amazing. I really appreciate that you didn’t make it a ridiculous amount. Specially considering what we’re getting in return.

In addition, I’d like to thank you and all the other staff members for your constant efforts and dedication. You guys have been working extremely hard and getting nothing in return. You have earned my respect!
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.
(03-04-2020, 09:00 AM)tryp4vps Wrote: I have a feeling that it is still not very safe.

Say if you complete 20 posts before 27th, you will not receive the missing posts alert from Dean.

But it is still possible some of your posts may get deleted from 27th to the end of the month.

So I would suggest admins can somehow make a special concession that if one does not receive the missing posts alert, then he can assume he must be able to keep his VPS, no matter what may happen after 27th.

Just a suggestion for @deanhills or @Dynamo to consider.

I suppose it can help encourage members to complete their posts early, and there will be less chance to see rush posts at the last day of the month, and thus reduce your overall workloads.  Smile

Yea, you are right. But here is something i want to say that i don't post just to keep my VPS up but also for fun and to learn something new. Post4VPS community contain very important IT information. All of the hardware information i have, is from Post4VPS.
BTW you are right at your words. Thanks for suggesting me. and The other suggestion is good too.
Lets see the.......

Thanks to Post4VPS and Hostlease for their great services.  
(03-04-2020, 01:09 PM)Rehan Wrote: Yea, you are right. But here is something i want to say that i don't post just to keep my VPS up but also for fun and to learn something new. Post4VPS community contain very important IT information. All of the hardware information i have, is from Post4VPS.
BTW you are right at your words. Thanks for suggesting me. and The other suggestion is good too.
Lets see the.......
Glad to hear @Rehan.  Posts that come spontaneous are always much more appreciated.  They always read much better too.  Not all members however like to post, but for those members my suggestion is to only post in sections of the Forum that you have a real interest in.  If you have an interest and knowledge about the topic, then discussion always comes much easier and more spontaneous.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Also I thought there is a 4 max counted posts per day rule ? Is it not there anymore ?

I don't think 20 posts is a big deal. Even if you make 1 post per day you can do 30 post in a month. Most of the time I also complete my 20 posts after 20th of the month and usually after getting the warning. After all we all know the moment we apply for a VPS you have to do 20 posts per month if we get the vps we want.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

Yea I agree about what deanhills say to make forum alive we need active members to post threads or posts ,to be frank its easy to complete 20 per month easily for me but I to lazy to do from past 3 months I drop and apply to vps again and again this time I will complete my posts before of 27 every month so that dean can't pm me about missing post !
thank you post4vps and  racknerd for wonderful vps3  Heart

it's very important to keep your posts to 20 every month.

if anyone here has issues with it there is something called private support or private messages.
ive seen something in the shoutbox and it is clearly that they look like their afraid of @deanhills.

just send a formal message to us (depending to what issue you should send it to the correct user) explaining what you have done why you couldn't this month.
i'm sure he and everyone else has a reasonable solution or response.
20 posts is not a huge request. its nothing i barley see a reason why someone wouldnt be able to do this as a vps holder. but it is also sad that there is some people around us who couldnt make it and do 20 posts. and i think everyone knows and could avoide vps termination by simply sending a message to staff and explain the situation. like perryoo11 said before...
(03-04-2020, 02:14 PM)deanhills Wrote: Glad to hear @Rehan.  Posts that come spontaneous are always much more appreciated.  They always read much better too.  Not all members however like to post, but for those members my suggestion is to only post in sections of the Forum that you have a real interest in.  If you have an interest and knowledge about the topic, then discussion always comes much easier and more spontaneous.

I absolutely agree! Nothing beats posting about something you actually like. It makes it very fluid to write about it and you actually enjoy doing so! This is why your windows upgrade threads last month were probably the most I’ve contributed towards, I absolutely love this stuff!

It’s also a great learning experience as well. I’ve learnt a lot of stuff from other user’s posts on post4vps.

To add on, you can pretty much ask about almost anything here. I absolutely love how the forum isn’t restricted around a specific topic. There’s a category for everything!
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.
(03-05-2020, 10:10 AM)perryoo11 Wrote: ive seen something in the shoutbox and it is clearly that they look like their afraid of @deanhills.
@perryoo11 Maybe you should verify your facts first. I haven't had this experience with any defaulter yet.  Almost 99.9% of members accept that they defaulted.  And are completely OK with reapplying. As that is governed by rules, not through a personal decision of mine.  It isn't personal.  It should never be personal.   So if there is an issue I'm unaware off please bring it up in the Admin Forum or write to Dynamo.  When you do, can you please quote the Shoutbox shout you base your statement on.

Also the "they" in your sentence gives the wrong impression of many defaulters. Dynamo has a system where the Giveaway Manager tracks all of the "missing posts" from 23rd of the month.  I monitor the posts on a daily basis in the Admin Forum. It's a great system as it helps to remind members of their missing posts and keeps the number of defaulters to the minimum.
(03-05-2020, 10:10 AM)perryoo11 Wrote: just send a formal message to us (depending to what issue you should send it to the correct user) explaining what you have done why you couldn't this month.
i'm sure he and everyone else has a reasonable solution or response.
Messages regarding missing posts are managed by the Giveaway Manager. In collaboration with Dynamo. Not by any of the other staff. It is the way Dynamo set it up. If you have an issue with this, then you need to take this up with Dynamo.  Everything to do with default of missing posts come to the Giveaway manager.  All of the members know that.  Please don't confuse the issue.

Furthermore, your statement suggests that there is a certain leniency with missing posts that can be followed and haven't been followed before.  Again factually incorrect.  I have had members writing to me and we very amicably sort things out.  It's not as though that never happens. But it is also very important that you don't confuse members who are in a habit of making missing posts.  The missing posts rule is strictly applied by Dynamo and it says so in the rules as well. All VPS Holders know about that rule. Don't put the wrong idea in members' minds.

(03-04-2020, 10:19 AM)youssefbasha Wrote: Thanks for posting this @deanhills but yeah i have a question
I check my posts from the profile (Posts Count: 4) if this isn't accurate then i think that its not my fault fix it or follow it. But i can't click on my profile and count every post made by me specially if i posted in an offtopic board, this will be more inaccurate.
There was a post counter before that counting posts of every member with VPS Holder role in one php page, i remember it was by hmr and also the image post counter.. they were accurate.

@youssefbasha  Agreed.  I took this up with Dynamo but unfortunately it cannot be changed.  It will create havoc with myBB Forum to refresh the post counters regularly. Also the HMR script of before when refreshed took too many resources of the server.  So Dynamo decided to make it available to only the staff. I usually check that counter to check the posts, and if border line, I do manual counting.

If you are confused about your number of posts and you can't figure it out with manual counting, then you can always check with me hopefully well before the end of the month.  Although I must say, your posting behaviour has been excellent over the last few months.  I've noticed you make your posts right through the month instead of waiting until the end of the month. And you always make more than 20 posts.  I can understand the frustration with the counter, but at the same time am happy you're following monthly posting habits that keep you in very good standing with monthly posts.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
(03-04-2020, 03:39 PM)xdude Wrote: Also I thought there is a 4 max counted posts per day rule ? Is it not there anymore ?

As far as I know the 4 maximum counted posts per day rule is still there.

But when your first 4 posts are long enough, you will not be affected by the rule.

That maybe the reason why you or some others do not feel it is there. Smile

lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
06-28-2021, 06:57 AM
Last Post: deanhills
05-30-2021, 09:03 PM
Last Post: deanhills
05-01-2021, 11:44 AM
Last Post: Sn1F3rt

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting