arrow_upward

Pages (3):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Implementation of 20 posts rule
My apologies to those VPS Holders who are very diligent in making their 20 posts a month.  This announcement is obviously not meant for you.  This announcement is meant for defaulting members who feel it is harsh when their VPS is powered down after they have failed to make their 20 posts for the month.

In order to keep a VPS the VPS Holder has to make 20 posts every month.  This rule is very strictly applied.  And for good reason.  This is what keeps the Forum alive for the owner and makes it possible for us to get a VPS.  It's the least we can do for what we get.

Most of our members understand this, but for those who don't, it is the responsibility of the VPS Holder to check the number of his posts.  Not the staff.  We do assist (as a courtesy and a voluntary effort) by writing e-mails to VPS Holders with missing posts on or before 27th of the month, and we do warn them of the consequences. However it is up to the VPS Holder to ensure that he has made the 20 required posts. Otherwise his VPS will be powered down on the first of the next month.   

Sometimes posts get deleted, and when they do the deleted posts may not be reflected in the post counter.  So again, I'm sure most members know about this, but if not, it is still their responsibility for checking the number of their posts.  Again, I will try my best to remind those in default by 27th of the month, however then please don't ignore that e-mail and assume that the Admin hasn't read your post counter correctly. If I let you know you have missing posts then you do have missing posts.  And if you're in doubt about this, you should immediately let me know by PM or open a Private Inquiry in the Forum.  Please note however that the inquiry doesn't absolve you from making the missing posts.  It may be better to make "additional posts" to be sure you are covered by the end of the month.  In the final analysis it is your responsibility to ensure you have a confirmed response from me well before the end of the month so that you have sufficient time left to make the "missing posts".

Finally, by the time your VPS has been powered down because of missing posts, you'll have been duly warned what will happen when you have missing posts.  It is not a pleasure for me to do that as it creates more work for me.  I don't do this gladly, I'd much prefer not having to do this at all.  So please don't look at this as harsh treatment.  I'd much prefer you to complete your posts well before the end of the month.  So I don't have to remind you or have to count your posts manually.  

For those who are new or need refreshing the following may be important information to note:
  • Failing to make the 20 posts will lead to power-down of the VPS on the 1st of the next month.  
  • VPS Holder may re-apply for the VPS during the Giveaway that starts immediately after the VPS has been powered down.  If the application has been successful, 100$ will be subtracted from the VPS Holder's post credits.
  • Being in excess of 50% warning will lead to immediate termination of VPS and possible ban of Forum Account depending on the nature of the warning.
  • Posting period of the month ends at 12-midnight of the last day of the month GMT (Greenwich Mean Time).
  • Please note there is a limitation of 4 posts per day to avoid quick succession of one-liner posts to the equivalent of spam.  It is strongly recommended members spread their posts evenly over the month instead of wait for the last days of the month to make all of the posts.  
  • Note that for those who usually make longer length posts of the discussion type, the post number limitation will automatically be lifted after the 4th post if the posts before the 4th post have been of a longer length. So if you are a power poster then the post limitation per day may not be an issue. 
  • For those who are in the habit of making one-liner posts, depending on the quality of the discussion in the posts, the posts may be removed from the Forum.  One-liner posts, depending on the discussion, may be considered as spam.
  • Copy paste posts are strictly against the Forum Rules and will earn a VPS holder a warning.  If in addition there is no discussion the post will be removed from the Forum.
  • Responsibility for checking the number of posts lies with the VPS Holder. You can check the number of your posts manually under the activity link in your profile.  If there is a difference in the number in your post counter and the manual count, the manual count number overrides the number in your post counter.  The post counter number is only there for a guide line.  
  • Please note deleted posts don't count towards the post month total and are subtracted from the post total of the month.  To make 100% sure about your post number, particularly when you are posting a minimum 20 post number, it is best to count the posts manually well before the end of the month. Otherwise PM the Giveaway Manager for confirmation.  Do this well before the end of the month to ensure enough time to complete missing posts.
  • The following forums are excluded and don't earn post credits:
    • Support Forum
    • Private support forum
    • Private VPS Request forum
    • Spam/test forum
    • Introduction forum
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
These rules are quite understood by many community members already since I remember we had a discussion on timezone thingy before as well and the inability of completing 20 posts will result in losing the VPS but I do understand if you are making a reminder probably a member complained about something.
These rules are quite clear and user-friendly I don't see anything very strict in those rules since post4vps is user-friendly and admins usually not removing posts unless its 1 liner or completely out of context.
So it should not be hard to complete your posts even by making 1 post in the hobby section every day you can complete your posts since sometimes I don't find any thread to contribute so I just make posts in hobby section.
(03-02-2020, 07:39 PM)deanhills Wrote: [*]VPS Holder may re-apply for the VPS during the Giveaway that starts immediately after the VPS has been powered down.  If the application has been successful, 100$ will be subtracted from the VPS Holder's post credits.

May I know if a VPS holder reapplys for and wins the VPS the next month immediately after the VPS has been powered down, will all data of the VPS be kept or his data will still be lost?

By the way, thank you for explaining all the rules in such a detailed way. Smile

Thanks for explanations. These 20 Posts are nothing for P4V great services. There are more days then the number of posts. It is very very easy to complete 20 posts. We can do nothing, If still people says that P4V is doing wrong by terminating a VPS on failing to make 20 posts in a month.
I was just 2 posts away to save my VPS. On 29th night i was making posts while a old friend came. i stopped posting and started chatting him.Then i forgot that i have to create 20 posts. I went to bed and when i awake and saw msgs that servers are down.i remembered that i have not completed my 20 posts.
I will try my best to complete my 20 post before 27th next time. Tongue

Thanks to Post4VPS and Hostlease for their great services.  
The new rules make me a bit wary!

The problem (Failing to make the 20 posts will lead to power-down of the VPS on the 1st of the next month.)

If I miss my target of 20 posts every month and forget to back up important data in it, it could be a problem!
Terminal
Solo Developer
(03-03-2020, 12:54 PM)chanalku91 Wrote: The new rules make me a bit wary!

The problem (Failing to make the 20 posts will lead to power-down of the VPS on the 1st of the next month.)

If I miss my target of 20 posts every month and forget to back up important data in it, it could be a problem!
new rule?
The rules have been like this from the very start except that 4 posts limit per day and its more like a reminder than new rules since I didn't notice anything new here.
if you cant make 20 posts you should backup your data before 1st of the month since P4v staff can't do anything about it unless you make a special request to turn on VPS I want to take backup only if they have not assigned your vps to another user.
(03-03-2020, 09:19 AM)tryp4vps Wrote: May I know if a VPS holder reapplys for and wins the VPS the next month immediately after the VPS has been powered down, will all data of the VPS be kept or his data will still be lost?

By the way, thank you for explaining all the rules in such a detailed way.  Smile

Thanks @tryp4vps.  All of the data is kept.  Also in the event that the VPS holder chooses to reapply for a different VPS.  Dynamo always allows for a few days for the VPS Holder to download their data if they wish to change to another VPS.  If they reapply for the same VPS it is just a matter of powering it up again.  Everything continues as it had before the VPS was powered down with no loss of data.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Thanks for posting this @deanhills. It's definitely helpful to all of us. Smile

Well TBH I didn't know that if your post gets deleted, the post counter doesn't decrement. Generally I'd have assumed it'd and work accordingly, however, myself I make about 21-22 posts a month to be on the safe side, rather than the exact twenty. Anyway I never had a post deleted from the forum except in case the whole thread was deleted. (I think I had one in which I was trying to moderate. Tongue)

Also, I'd the same question as @tryp4vps while reading the thread initially, but now it's a relief to know that your data doesn't get lost in the worst of possibilities. Smile

Regards,
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
(03-03-2020, 12:06 PM)Rehan Wrote: I will try my best to complete my 20 post before 27th next time. Tongue

I have a feeling that it is still not very safe.

Say if you complete 20 posts before 27th, you will not receive the missing posts alert from Dean.

But it is still possible some of your posts may get deleted from 27th to the end of the month.

So I would suggest admins can somehow make a special concession that if one does not receive the missing posts alert, then he can assume he must be able to keep his VPS, no matter what may happen after 27th.

Just a suggestion for @deanhills or @Dynamo to consider.

I suppose it can help encourage members to complete their posts early, and there will be less chance to see rush posts at the last day of the month, and thus reduce your overall workloads. Smile

Thanks for posting this @deanhills but yeah i have a question
I check my posts from the profile (Posts Count: 4) if this isn't accurate then i think that its not my fault fix it or follow it. But i can't click on my profile and count every post made by me specially if i posted in an offtopic board, this will be more inaccurate.
There was a post counter before that counting posts of every member with VPS Holder role in one php page, i remember it was by hmr and also the image post counter.. they were accurate.
Pages (3):
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
06-28-2021, 06:57 AM
Last Post: deanhills
05-30-2021, 09:03 PM
Last Post: deanhills
05-01-2021, 11:44 AM
Last Post: Sn1F3rt

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting