arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PC automatically switches on after hibernating some time.
Hey guys,

I was working on my PC last night and I hibernated it to continue working in the morning. I hibernated it and when it completely shut down and the light on the PC case is turned off (I still plugged my computer in the electricity socket but all lights in my PC turned off). Next morning (around 3 - 4 AM), I suddenly woke up and saw that my PC is ON with the light in the case on like somebody turned it on. I logged in and checked it and all the programs that I ran before the hibernation was now closed. Can anyone explain this to me, how did the PC turn on when there was no electricity in the case and why did all the programs I opened was closed?
Which Windows are you on @Wolf20482? Maybe this has to do with the power settings of your Windows.  Your Windows can turn on your computer if Windows tells it to do so.  Windows has to know exactly what the shut down button needs to do when you select it.  Maybe yours is set to hibernate instead of to shut your computer down.  So you have to make sure your power option for shut down button is shut down and not hibernate.

To check your Power Options you need to go to Control Panel and Power Options/What the Power Buttons Do.  Like below.  There is a scroll down of options for the Power Buttons and you need to select shut down if you want your computer to completely shut down - and not hibernate:

[Image: YWfKtzm.png]

[Image: Nisg0EL.png]

If the above is not the problem maybe you ticked a startup setting for one of your programs, maybe anti-virus or backups or updates that turn on the computer automatically when it is updating.  If you want to disable those you can also do that with the power options of Windows. You have to go to Power Options/Change Power Plan/Advanced Settings/ look for Disable Wake Timers - looks like its a toggle button:
[Image: Uc0t2Cs.png]

Here is a good article that I found - maybe you could read through all of the other possibilities:
https://softwaretested.com/windows/compu...hat-to-do/
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
I remember I did face a similar problem before.

It turned out that it was due to the malfunction of my computer power supply.

After replacing with a new power supply, the problem was completely solved. Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting