arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KVM Windows VPS
(06-05-2017, 01:53 AM)xdude Wrote: If your provider offers a Windows 2008 template then your own Windows 8 key will work. But it won't work for other templates. Also remember Windows 2008 server and Widows 2008 Desktop are different. Can't use the same serial key for both. I think you have a Windows 2008 Desktop key since it's not often people by server keys.

no it wouldnt . windows 2008 is a server version of windows vista and windows 8 is windows 8 . even though you have windows vista and windows 8 key you cannot use it to activate windows vista because it totally have different key . the only thing that i know to enter another os key is when windows 10 offer free upgrade and you can insert windows 7 , 8 and 8.1 key and your windows 10 will be activate

and there are no windows 2008 desktop . the closest thing to 2008 desktop is windows vista . which they end the support for it recently and windows vista have low reputation for being laggy and unstable . and also lot of incompatibility
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
Ahh I forgot to mention. By Windows 2008 Desktop version I meant Windows 8. Basically these server versions are basic Desktop framework without any accessories and plus some additional software like IIS.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

Thanks all for your opinion

so Windows 2012 Server can support Windows 8.1? i just want to install Windows 8.1 and use it for my personal project (legally)
tell me Windows 2008 or Windows 2012 which one support 8.1?
(06-04-2017, 01:22 AM)xdude Wrote: You can use trial versions for 3 months. Once those 3 months are gone you can reactivate the trial version again. Even if you buy a vps you won't get a Windows license along with it. Technically you need to have your own license but most of Windows vps users just use those trials.

"Reactivate the trial version again" is this just re installation of the VPS OS or you should request it?
(06-05-2017, 06:16 PM)Vuluts Wrote: "Reactivate the trial version again" is this just re installation of the VPS OS or you should request it?

probably yes . but if possible you can just reinstall without wiping the hard drive that way you get both the trial reset and also your data is still there in windows.old folder . but its better to have different patrition instead . you should talk to the vps provider about that . but for me if im a vps provider i just do that except if the storage is full maybe i just delete it competely
Terminal
@Vuluts @humanpuff69

No you don't need to redo the vps for that. All you have to do is change value in a registry file from 0 to 1. That's what most low-end VPS providers do when they offer "Free Windows VPS". They keeps a list and change this in every 3 months or so.

(06-05-2017, 05:10 PM)arsalahmed786 Wrote: Thanks all for your opinion

so Windows 2012 Server can support Windows 8.1? i just want to install Windows 8.1 and use it for my personal project (legally)
tell me Windows 2008 or Windows 2012 which one support 8.1?

Please stop chatting with each other help me by answering following question is "Quests"
Because i really want Windows Server from Post4VPS 100% free
(06-06-2017, 05:17 PM)arsalahmed786 Wrote: Please stop chatting with each other help me by answering following question is "Quests"

you need to post atleast 25 post and also you need 100 credit to request a vps . if you want a windows vps the choice is only vps 3 (which is doesnt even work . it disconnect all the time ) ,vps 2 (taken) and also vps 13 (1 left) . except that is all linux vps

and by the way linux is actually isnt that bad . when i first using linux vps is fell like torture because its make the thing that i already knew their ways but thanks to google search and also my basic computer problem solving skill . now i can use linux . even though windows is still much easier i still prefer the cheapness of linux now . it is just a little bit harder . a little bit
Terminal
(06-06-2017, 05:17 PM)arsalahmed786 Wrote: Please stop chatting with each other help me by answering following question is "Quests"

Everyone in this thread chatting about something related to your open post. About How to use How to use Windows server software for free in a vps. If you had taken time to read the thread you should have understand how it works by now.

Someone gonna grab that vps13 in this giveaway since it's available.  So I don't think getting a Windows VPS going to happen soon as you expect. After all you have registered on 11-17-2016 but yet to fulfill even the minimum requirement for getting a vps. So better focus on that. By the time you are eligible for give away maybe there will be a Windows vps available.

Your asking quite a bit. Free Windows Server (license) plus the VM hosting itself. Can I ask once again, what is this that you are attempting to run. Maybe it can be run without Windows.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
03-18-2020, 01:20 AM
Last Post: deanhills
07-31-2019, 10:18 AM
Last Post: GeKePDP
04-24-2016, 09:59 AM
Last Post: RickB

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting