arrow_upward

Poll: Would you like to add new forum sections?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, I'd like
33.33%
No, I am OK with the current forum
66.67%
Total
3 vote(s)
100%

* You voted for this item.

[PENDING] Add new Forums section
As the title says I suggest to add new forums section. Why don't expand the sections?
- Scripting & Programming: Why can't we have a tutorial, users' projects, request for application, desktop development, web development sections?
- Software: Why we can't have review, spotlight, "I am looking for an application that..." sections?
- Web Design? Clear the section from "development-programming related post" by moving them on [Scripting & Programming]->Web Development and use it as a showcase sections of artistic things
- Hardware & Technology: Why can't we have a hardware review, technology spotlight, sections?
- Gaming: Why can't we have a review, spotlight, "share your clan" sections?

These are just few suggestions to improve the forum and add arguments that can be talked about. If you have other suggestions I will add them on post's head.
Vote the poll to let us know your opinion.
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
@LightDestory  Great suggestion in theory, but in practice, we don't have the level and volume of quality posts that would fill all of those new forums.  They'd basically be empty.

Also, I've noted that most of the members are using phones for posting in the Forum.  And they're not seeing the previous posts in the discussion.  So if they can't read previous posts in a single thread, I can only imagine having to post to so many Forums, will not work at all, as they'll end up with working through one Forum only.  I've already seen some members starting with responding to a Games thread, and then possibly because it is on their phone, sticking with that section of the Forum, because the links are spontaneously available, instead of checking through other Forums.

What people who are using their desktop computers see of the Forum, and possibly you too, the majority of other users don't see, nor are taking the trouble to set up so they can see it on their phone.  Most of them have just one thought in their head, and that is to complete their 20 posts.  They then click into threads that are almost spontaneously available through the last post links.  You may have a top down view of the Forum, practically and intellectually, while others most of the time have a bottom up view.  When they respond to a thread for example, they look at the last post only, so you'll often find the last post repeating content of posts before.  They're either too lazy to scroll to the previous posts, or maybe on their phones it takes more effort, not sure how that works, as I haven't used my phone ever (or maybe yet) to post in Forums.  I like the top down view.

So it's far better to just have one tutorial section in the Forum, and collect all of the tutorials that may fit in other Forums in that one section, ditto reviews, etc.

What one could do possibly, but I haven't seen this done before as possibly it's too much hard work, is to have a linked sub-forum in the other Forums.  I.e. the Tutorial Sub-Forum in Discussion, linked to other Forums.  So in effect there is only one Tutorial Sub-Forum, but it looks as though all of the other Forums have a Tutorial sub-forum as well.
I found a discussion about this at myBB Community Forum - feels like hard work however - maybe I'll try it one day just for fun:
https://community.mybb.com/thread-217583.html
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
OK, it's just an experiment (it's going to disappear in a couple of more days), but I added a "Linked Tutorial Forum" to the Hardware & Technology Sub-Forum as an example for discussion.  May work if one "cross referenced" a whole bunch of Forums that way.    So it would be easier to access particularly for those on their phones and expand the possibilities for posting with existing Forums instead of creating new ones.
Terminal
For the late reply, I was busy these days.

I checked your implementations of Tutorial sub section and as you said it is a link to the real tutorial section. It can be useful but it doesn't help with the filtering.
My aim was to provide different sections to have a better "argument filtering". As today, for example, all tutorial are mixed up.
But as you said, users just use the "Recent Activity" board to make their monthly 20 posts and don't surf the forums so these new sections will be less active then the current ones.

I don't know, can be useful or just a waste of effort?
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
(08-26-2019, 05:04 PM)LightDestory Wrote:                                                                                                                       
I don't know, can be useful or just a waste of effort?
Probably waste of effort. I'll remove the tutorial link now.

I'm going to close this suggestion for now. If at a later stage you feel you need to say more, please PM me to reopen it, or start a new feedback thread.
Terminal
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
10-28-2020, 09:23 AM
Last Post: deanhills
04-06-2020, 06:42 AM
Last Post: deanhills
04-05-2020, 08:58 AM
Last Post: Sn1F3rt

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting