arrow_upward

[Rejected] VPS Review Section Sticky Suggestion - Index Thread
Is there any scope for adding an Index thread for VPS Review section?
The purposes of this suggestion is as follows:
 -> To help users to select the vps by reading reviews from  other users.
 -> To keep updated  with VPS Plans(Current issue  is some VPS which the sponsorship has already ended, is replaced by some other providers and the reviews are still about the old VPS Plan, for example VPS 3 Review).
-> To keep  the section ordered.
-> To appreciate the reviewers.
Please comment your views.
Thank you.

Thank you  Sweet

(04-03-2020, 11:02 AM)Littlemaster Wrote: Is there any scope for adding an Index thread for VPS Review section?
 -> To keep updated  with VPS Plans(Current issue  is some VPS which the sponsorship has already ended, is replaced by some other providers and the reviews are still about the old VPS Plan, for example VPS 3 Review).
Thank you.

Always a good suggestion @Littlemaster. But the problem is that we are trying to reduce the tasks of the staff, not increase them.  Once the reviews have been indexed, who will be maintaining the index?

Secondly, there are only 4 pages of reviews since 2015.  How long would it take you to page through them?

You are of course always welcome to create a review index of your own and share it with us.  And maybe we could then make a sticky thread of it in the Review Forum? You can update it when you have time to do so?
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
(04-03-2020, 11:02 AM)Littlemaster Wrote: Is there any scope for adding an Index thread for VPS Review section?
Thank you.

That’s quite a good idea! 

The “labor intensive” part of it could actually be avoided by semi-automating it.

We could have a system in place where whenever a user posts a new review, it prompts them to choose which VPS plan their review is on. Then the system automatically indexes it based on that.

Obviously, the existing reviews will need to manually get that done to them. Which could be one very frustrating task.

And we’re also brought with the issue of actually finding someone that’s willing to write a mybb plugin for this.
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.
Please no more plugins and no more automation. the more of those there are in place, the more potential instances of malfunction waiting to occur.

Just a couple of pages. not much. one can easily go through the reviews.

Also the OP is welcome to make and maintain an index, as suggested by deanhills.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
Agreed with @rudra.  Also, really, the number of reviews are so little, trying to index those is obviously not a good investment of energy and resources.  We have some other good suggestions that have been made.  That may be more feasible and doable with the time and resources that are available to execute them.

Furthermore, @rudra brought up an excellent point in another discussion about the fact that some of the VPS Plan numbers are not unique. If you index the reviews, what reviews there were in 2015 for example may not match the ones for the same VPS Plan in later years.

So for those two reasons I'm going to decline this suggestion.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
12-31-2020, 11:08 PM
Last Post: deanhills
10-28-2020, 09:23 AM
Last Post: deanhills

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting