arrow_upward

Pages (3):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Laravel or PHP
I am a bit puzzled here. I thought I would start with learning Laravel 5. But it seems to me that learning PHP first would be the right way to go. May be I would give some time for PHP and get the basic right that putting my efforts directly on Laravel. Any opinion is welcome.
Well, technically since Laravel 5 is written in PHP, you should learn how to use PHP before learning how to use Laravel. In my opinion are only required to learn the basics (think of the syntax and basic functions) of PHP to start off with Laravel. (Starting with Laravel, doesn't mean that you are also good in using the Laravel principles!!)
I hope learning PHP first will reduce the learning curve while trying Laravel 5. I think will take that path to Laravel. May not take much time that way.
I havent heard of this scripting language called Laravel before. So its server-side scripting language which works on Linux too ?

Learning PHP would be something very useful if you are running content management systems like Wordpress or Joomla. Its very eazy to learn. There are unlimited amount of tutorials and resources you can find by searching Google.
actually, before i try to learn Laravel, CI/CodeIgniter really recommended for beginner with framework usage. when first time i use CI, i don't even know, how to use it, or how the structure and process work. and CI using MVC (Model, View, Controller) which View only for show the page what you want to do, Controller for programming/backend system, and Model (which i wasn't know before) it's actually for modelling your data. it's like after you input stuff about your data. the model function to make the variables to be in array and comfortable if you working with team. and many more like calling sql script and new function etc... so i preferred to use CI before Laravel. but i knew, people have different way to learn.
I support PHP. It has many more possibilities than any other languages. I personally choose PHP.
I never heard about Laravel but I think it will be good idea to learn php first and then try to make some projects in laravel.
Yes you should learn PHP first. Laravel uses some very advanced PHP concepts but if you can learn basic PHP you should be able to go through them without much resistance. Learning laravel without knowing PHP is not good because you won't be able to make changes which are not out of the box. LARAVEL also uses MVC structure.

For those who don't know about LARAVEL it's a Modern PHP Framework and better then most out there like codeigniter / yii etc. I've been using it for some time now. Nice structured code. Laravel is slow but still is fast enough for most applications out there. The fact is the code we write sometime tends to reduce speed framework is fast enough and for improving speed we can use PHP profilers like BlackFire (I love it), and grab the problems there if any. related to performance. USING PHP 7 is a big step in performance improvement.
I'd recommend using PHP first, and getting yourself used to it. Like, start learning PHP logics and solving PHP problems so that you're familiar with it, I'm not sure what Laravel is but according to others It is based on PHP so I would first recommend getting a good base at PHP before starting with the advanced stuff Wink
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
Laravel makes PHP fun like Rails did for Ruby. I don't get to play with Node.js or Rails or Django, I'm stuck working with PHP, thank goodness for Laravel and Composer Wink
Many thanks to Abc-Hosters LLC and post4vps for the VPS 3  Party

- Sorry for my bad English

Pages (3):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting