arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Lifelong Free Hosting – FREE Auto SSL – DDOS Protection – Hostpoco.com
(03-06-2021, 05:52 AM)xdude Wrote: @deanhills

Have you able to signup without giving a payment method? I guess you don't need to provide a payment method to a free account. I know it's free but bandwidth and Space are very little even for a free account.

@xdude You and I may be able to provide the kind of info to get the service, but you do get members who provide all of their personal information. I just wanted to caution them not to do this in case this is a phishing exercise.

And you're right of course. For the small space and bandwidth that are offered "for free", it's not worth the while. I'm really concerned that this may be a phishing expedition for very little in return.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Not to bark you down @Pocomaster but 200MB for disk and bandwidth is to low, nobody can use they website flawly, because it's way to low. Not to promote LNB but we offer 5GB Disk and 50GB BW, then is the choice not hard to take but we use DA and they use cPanel, but why don't you switch to DA and provide more, that could attrack free users.
(03-06-2021, 05:57 AM)deanhills Wrote: @xdude  You and I may be able to provide the kind of info to get the service, but you do get members who provide all of their personal information.  I just wanted to caution them not to do this in case this is a phishing exercise.

And you're right of course.  For the small space and bandwidth that are offered "for free", it's not worth the while.  I'm really concerned that this may be a phishing expedition for very little in return.

No. No, I wouldn't give payment f detail to a site I don't know or well-known. As for other details now it's like asking to have fake details. I don't think people will give all the real detail for a new site, even their real email. I learned my lesson the hard way and have a spam mail for that. Also, providers might need their customer details just in case since people always don't use it for totally legal stuff. Especially a free service would attract spammers. But yeah going all that trouble for 200 MB space not exactly great.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

well ?
Poco giving only free web hosting ? or domains too ? bcz i tried to register as i see there's a free domain ?
didnt check it

Thanks to @Post4VPS & @Racknerd for Providing thier : VPS 2

Though the site is nicely designed I have to agree with @deanhills and @xdude I’m not willing to give out my information especially billing information to a service that is to provide a free service. I could see asking for that information if a customer opts for a paid plan, but that’s not the case here. I also agree that 200mb with both storage and bandwidth really isn’t optimal for any modern scripts be it Wordpress or a simple forum software. I also find the response time a little troubling, so I think I will pass on this opportunity, but good luck mate.
Thank you to CubeData and Posts4VPS for the services of VPS 8.
(03-06-2021, 12:58 PM)YOuNeS_Dz Wrote: well ?
Poco giving only free web hosting ? or domains too ? bcz i tried to register as i see there's a free domain ?
didnt check it

The specs,especially bandwidth is quite unacceptable.200MB disk is probably OK with a blog if you store images on a CDN like imagekit and with log rotation(I didn't notice this feature in cPanel).However the BW quite hurts as let's assume  every visitor spends 1MB bandwith for scripts and stylesheets,and 128kb for looking into blog posts.The acceptable bandwidth range starts at 2GB.

Their plans sounds an alarm as they provided "unlimited" specs for paid hosting as cheap as $0.5.....Yes,last time you hear this is Byet reseller's website.

And @deanhills ,the billing information is asked by most WHCMS-based host.It seems that it's a "feature" of it so in this aspect,it looks not very suspicious however its plans,specs and reviews on hosting advice is quite questionable.

I'd prefer freehostia on the same spec range.(x-small)
VPS 3 Provided by Post4vps and Racknerd .
(03-06-2021, 12:58 PM)YOuNeS_Dz Wrote: well ?
didnt check it

@YOuNeS_Dz It specifically says there is NO free domain for the free service.  You get a free domain when you sign up for the paid service only.

You have 3 options to get a domain - buy one from Hostpoco, transfer your domain from another registrar or provide your own domain with name servers.

The free service is an entry level service only, and intended for creating a small Website.  Only problem so far is that I haven't seen any one getting the service yet.  Maybe I should try.

OK I tried and looks like if I get the service that I will have to apologize to HostPoco for being so doubtful about their service.  So far the experience does have a professional feel to it - like quality professional feel - maybe the fact that Hostpoco didn't deliver 8 months ago doesn't mean it won't happen this time round - so maybe it's worth a try.  The client area navigates very well and has a familiar feel to it. It's lightning fast.  Registration was dead easy and seamless.

This is how far I have got - I have a client account and I got professionally prepared and written e-mails of confirmation - the first e-mail welcoming me and the second e-mail confirmation of my order. The Welcome E-mail is VERY professionally written and even includes reference to a Knowledgebase.  
https://www.my.hostpoco.com/index.php?rp...eb-Hosting

If you check the two articles that are listed under the topic of Knowledge Base/free service - wow again - impeccably presented and written materials. Like lots of attention to detail and care is evident. I'm very impressed. One of the articles provides a demo of the free service that looks as though it's a cPanel!  Unbelievable!  If this is for real, then this can turn into something really good. A quality entry level service with cpanel! That makes sense for marketing for sure.
https://www.hostpoco.com/blog/view-of-th...tpoco-com/

I will provide feedback once I've received the service and perhaps provide a little review if everything goes OK and according to plan.
Terminal
@deanhills i know other options... but once i get free domain i shocked lol
anyway i used my domain and the host 's good for now

Thanks to @Post4VPS & @Racknerd for Providing thier : VPS 2

UPDATE:After a ticket the account issue is solved and it seems to be a misunderstooding.
The response is quicker than I thought(as timezone difference exists),so I guess days before they didn't finish the preparations or something.

They've closed my account recently with no clear reason.I used real email but fake payment details(like some others will do to test the service).Maybe It's a country ban or something.
Combined with the unusual specs,only 3 kb articles,together with my experience,I doubt the validity of free hosting.
VPS 3 Provided by Post4vps and Racknerd .
(03-07-2021, 11:40 PM)mzltest Wrote: They've closed my account recently with no clear reason.I used real email but fake payment details(like some others will do to test the service).Maybe It's a country ban or something.
Combined with the unusual specs,only 3 kb articles,together with my experience,I doubt the validity of free hosting.

@mzltest They possibly closed the account because you haven't been using it recently.  There's a rule about it if you read through the rules.  It's standard, particularly for hosts who are focused on security as an unused account is always a target for hacking.  
https://www.my.hostpoco.com/index.php?rp...o.com.html

What kind of domain did you use, as that may have been a reason too.  

It's 24 hours so far and the only responses I've received have been automated ones.  They were quality responses, however my client dashboard still says "pending".  Possibly free accounts are manually activated.  Will give it another day to see whether it happens. Maybe activations aren't done over the weekend.
Terminal

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting