arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Limitless Hosting  Limitless Hosting - VPS 13 Honest Review
Just ran another test to someone hosting in Sweden. Got download around 20MB/s and upload for more than 50MB/s which is fast.
I believe server should have higher upload since we're uploading file to user's device instead of downloading them. That's why, we, as a user need more download speed.

Result: http://www.speedtest.net/result/10933710976.png

(02-15-2021, 02:33 PM)Lampard Wrote: When tested from nearby location, this is the speed:
Location                       Upload           Download         Ping
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nearby                         901.49 Mbit/s    394.54 Mbit/s    5.174 ms

10MB-20MB/s seems fine for far distance, as it is being tested from USA which is far from Finland. As the ping increases, speed decreases:
USA, New York (Optimum)        160.92 Mbit/s    99.40 Mbit/s     98.398 ms
USA, Chicago (Windstream)      160.60 Mbit/s    216.81 Mbit/s   109.641 ms
USA, Dallas (Frontier)         130.53 Mbit/s    154.86 Mbit/s   144.184 ms
USA, Miami (Frontier)          134.63 Mbit/s    111.45 Mbit/s   141.256 ms
USA, Los Angeles (Windstream)  122.98 Mbit/s    169.06 Mbit/s   161.338 ms

Nearest Location, considering this is on a 1 Gbps Shared Port, this also seems fine.
France, Lyon (SFR)             322.70 Mbit/s    457.59 Mbit/s    47.241 ms
Germany, Berlin (DNS:NET)      376.35 Mbit/s    317.23 Mbit/s    30.758 ms

Well that's fast for nearest location and nearby location. I cannot find France or Germany in my nearest speedtest server list tho. Can you post the server ID so I can try it out?
Probably if I cannot get it up to 300Mbit/s on download probably there is something to do with the networking on my VPS. I don't really know for sure what made that happen.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
You can run the following benchmark and check the speedtest from all around the world: https://bench.monster/
Command:
curl -LsO bench.monster/speedtest.sh; bash speedtest.sh
(02-15-2021, 05:01 PM)Lampard Wrote: You can run the following benchmark and check the speedtest from all around the world: https://bench.monster/
Command:
curl -LsO bench.monster/speedtest.sh; bash speedtest.sh

Thanks @Lampard. I got similar result with your result. Pretty sure it's Speedtest's server that has network speed "problem".
I also realize that it has various result too, like RAM speed, CPU benchmark, and others. Will add it to the opening post after this.

What a perfect VPS!
(02-14-2021, 11:08 AM)tiwil Wrote: Thanks for your suggestion, bro! I appreciate it. I only use mail server for sending email out as I need to setup a no-reply email for a specific domain.

Other than that I use Yandex services as it's free and fast to configure too. Therefore there is no incoming mail.

Plus, this VPS never go down for maintenance from the first time I powered up! Which is fantastic! I usually only reboot the server when Ubuntu asks to.

Right on! Yeah I looked at Yandex when I was looking at SMTP send-only relays, but I decided I needed more functionality. Also that is great you have amazing uptime! I have experienced similar experiences where my VPS will only go down when I update Ubuntu or there are server migrations, which has only had me down for maybe 45minutes at the max.
Thank you to CubeData and Posts4VPS for the services of VPS 8.
(02-16-2021, 06:23 PM)tbelldesignco Wrote: Also that is great you have amazing uptime! I have experienced similar experiences where my VPS will only go down when I update Ubuntu or there are server migrations, which has only had me down for maybe 45minutes at the max.

Even better! I announced a planned downtime for 15 minutes to restart the server so Ubuntu's update can take place. But it's like not even restarting and it's already up. I mean, when I restart we got disconnected from the VPS right. Then after that I immediately reconnect and it's already up!
No surprise here really, just like it was predicted in this post.

fChk Wrote:I think the 3 new VPSs are interesting in their own ways.

> VPS 13 is the most appealing with its NVME-based SSD storage if one has moderate requirements for storage, memory and CPU; I'm assuming that it has 1 vCPU.
(...)

The only correction there is that this VPS has 2 vCPUs instead of the assumed 1, which makes it perfect CPU-wise.

Disk I/O wise, I would think that it's capped at 700/750 MB/s -given the NVMe interface- which is, nevertheless, optimal for most use-cases.

Thus basically I would just cross the CPU in that quote of mine to get something like: "VPS-13 is an ideal VPS for someone who has moderate requirements in RAM and disk storage".
VirMach's Buffalo_VPS-9 Holder (Dec. 20 - July 21)
microLXC's Container Holder (july 20 - ?)
VirMach's Phoenix_VPS-9 Holder (Apr. 20 - June 20)
NanoKVM's NAT-VPS Holder (jan. 20 - ?)
I'm interested in the disk I/O performance of the Post4VPS VPSs with NVMe SSD-backed storage (ie VPS-7, VPS-13, VPS-14.)

Thus can you please run the following commands on your VPS and share the output with us:
# Your block device details
lsblk --output "NAME,KNAME,MODEL,HCTL,SIZE,VENDOR,SUBSYSTEMS"

# Investigating the used kernel drivers (virtio vs nvme)
lsmod | grep virt
lsmod | grep nvm
lshw -class storage
lshw -class disk

# Disk seq.read Speed (Cached)
hdparm -Tt /dev/vda (or /dev/sda)

# Disk seq.read Speed (Direct)
hdparm -Tt --direct /dev/vda (or /dev/sda)

# Disk Latency:
ioping -c 15 /home/mysudoer
ioping -c 15 /dev/vda (or /dev/sda)

# Disk Seek Rate:
ioping -R /dev/vda (or /dev/sda)

# Disk Sequential Speed:
ioping -RL /dev/vda (or /dev/sda)

Finally I'm also interested in the results of the fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50), which is included in the "Yet-Another-Bench-Script" available on github:
https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script

To avoid running all the yab's tests, you can restrict it to the disk speed with the ig flags:
./yabs.sh -ig

Thanks!
VirMach's Buffalo_VPS-9 Holder (Dec. 20 - July 21)
microLXC's Container Holder (july 20 - ?)
VirMach's Phoenix_VPS-9 Holder (Apr. 20 - June 20)
NanoKVM's NAT-VPS Holder (jan. 20 - ?)
Pages (2):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
07-18-2021, 08:47 AM
Last Post: fChk
 Evolution Host  VPS 10 Review
05-31-2021, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Decent12
 Evolution Host  VPS 10 Review
05-31-2021, 07:02 PM
Last Post: Decent12
 Host4Fun  VPS 1 Review
05-11-2021, 10:34 PM
Last Post: fChk
04-30-2021, 10:02 AM
Last Post: Sn1F3rt

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting