arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LinuxGSM_ - CLI Game Server Control Panel
Linux Game Server Managers_
A command-line base game server control panel

Hello Post4VPS Community

Some time ago I found a very interesting project online and bookmarked it into my "interesting and useful" bookmark folder. Today I went through my bookmarks and found something called "LinuxGSM_" and was instantly interested. I visited the site and was surprised by what I found there. I remembered what I searched for back then and why I bookmarked exactly that page. I found it around the time I got my VPS 16 during my winter vacation/holidays.

What I found was a command-line based game server manager for Linux servers. LinuxGSM_ supports a lot of game servers, several different Linux distributions, is written in BASH and is actually easy to use. You can install, update and monitor game servers with LinuxGSM_. Moreover you can create backups of your game servers but also connect directly to the game server console to manage it. It can even send alerts/notifications to you!

LinuxGSM_ can be hosted on CentOS, Debian and other Linux distributions. A few popular game servers to mention: SAMP, MTA, CSGO, Minecraft, CS 1.6 and many others (overall 103 at the moment).

Supported game servers: https://linuxgsm.com/servers/
Documentation: https://docs.linuxgsm.com/

That a look at it.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
I have been using this for more than 4 months
And this makes it easier for me to manage my game server!

And also this can prevent my game server down when a crash occurs because when the server goes offline it helps to restart the server automatically!
Terminal
Solo Developer
Thanks for this post @"Hidden Refuge". Just checked out their website. Seems quite a good server manager.

I was amazed to know the 103 game servers supported : https://linuxgsm.com/servers/

The project seems quite interesting to me as well. I've been going through the code on GitHub and loving it. Moreover, it's accessible via the cli, so is easy to manage as well.

The best part I liked among the features, are the update, backup and alert features. I'm sure to try it out in a few days time. Thanks again HR for this useful information.

Regards,
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
Another alternative to ogp ans pterodactyl

with the cli use it is probably lighter than the web based one . This is probably great for low end server because i cant install pterodactyl daemon on 512 mb vps
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
Nice sharing particularly for linux users. And it is also open-sourced with source code hosted on Github.

This is indeed an ideal solution for anyone who wants to manage their game servers with cli only. Smile

(01-24-2020, 12:16 AM)humanpuff69 Wrote: Another alternative to ogp ans pterodactyl

with the cli use it is probably lighter than the web based one . This is probably great for low end server because i cant install pterodactyl daemon on 512 mb vps

You fall into OGP's minimum requirement of RAM. You can try it Smile
If you're having a hard time installing OGP, you can check out the article on installing OGP on CentOS 7.
Premium Web Hosting | ShadowCrypt | Manal Shaikh Official Website
If you find my post/thread useful, you're supposed to +rep me. 
This is an interesting panel, never really heard about it. My biggest concern with using panels was the extra burden they could cause as most needed a proper website, if I am not wrong, this is based only on command line which should reduce that website load right?
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
(01-24-2020, 08:35 AM)Manal Wrote: You fall into OGP's minimum requirement of RAM. You can try it Smile
If you're having a hard time installing OGP, you can check out the article on installing OGP on CentOS 7.

i use pterodactyl now on my vps . my vps have enough ram now . but thanks for the suggestion i probably will check it out on lower end vps 

pterodactyl worked great . it uses docker for containerization making each server each container . i used to install ogp before but i kinda didnt understand at that time
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
I will give it a chance as soon as I can, right now I am running a very basic and small Minecraft server.
@"Hidden Refuge", can it used with Docker?
I mean handling server on a form of docker container.
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
@LightDestory

Frankly speaking I have absolutely no idea whether by default LinuxGSM_ works with Docker or allows to run the seperate game servers in containers.

However I have found a official Docker version of LinuxGSM_ on GitHub which however is marked as "experimental". According to its description it does support running multiple instances for LinuxGSM_ in Docker containers and also running the seperate game servers in Docker containers. So that should be what you are looking for. I haven't really thought about it but I might also try this Docker version as I wanted to use everything with Docker (as much as possible at least).

LinuxGSM_ Docker: https://github.com/GameServerManagers/LinuxGSM-Docker

If you're going to try this out please report back how everything went.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
01-07-2019, 06:05 PM
Last Post: deanhills
06-09-2018, 06:54 PM
Last Post: adgod
03-31-2018, 04:39 PM
Last Post: deanhills
06-01-2017, 12:54 PM
Last Post: meetdilip

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting