arrow_upward

Pages (5):
Membership recruitment drive, posts and possibility of adding a 2nd VPS
This discussion started in the 62nd Giveaway Announcement about the possibility of a second VPS, how to get new members to join the Forum, how to increase the number of posts and member post experiences.  It was suggested that the discussion be moved to the Discussion and Feedback Forum which it now has - thanks @tiwil:

(11-05-2020, 02:51 PM)tbelldesignco Wrote: If I had the time to manage another... I probably would sign up for another haha.

That may not be as farfetched a notion as you think it is.  Given the low number of VPS Requests.  But not straight away though.  @Dynamoishes to give it a couple or more months first to see whether the number of VPS requests improve.  If not, we may well think of making a second VPS available in exchange for additional posts.

In the meanwhile, given that we only received one VPS Request, we've decided to keep the VPS Request Forum open for a few more days.  Since the application was for VPS 1, and there are 6 available VPSs in the Plan, we have issued VPS 1 immediately.  @Rehanishes to see whether he can get VPS 1 to work as a Games Server.  If he does, that would be awesome for sure.

For now the VPS Requests Forum will remain open for applications until end of the weekend, 8th-9th of November.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Welp, if the second VPS is an option I'll go for it. Don't need another VPS 9 of course, but I'll get a moderate specs one to host nodes and some other stuff.

Let's see if this actually happens, given the low VPS request I feel it's better to issue the VPS to active members instead of having them idle. Personally it'd be awesome to have another VPS for 30 posts a month. Smile
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
(11-06-2020, 09:10 AM)sohamb03 Wrote: Let's see if this actually happens, given the low VPS request I feel it's better to issue the VPS to active members instead of having them idle. Personally it'd be awesome to have another VPS for 30 posts a month. Smile

Totally agreed. We could always do it on the basis of "until requests have increased" and reverse the decision then. Or have a more permanent rule that second VPSs can only be applied for after the expiry date for First VPSs on the 5th or 6th of the month. So Primary VPS users get first choice and opportunity from the VPS Pool. Second VPS applications may be received after Primary VPS applications have been distributed. I don't like VPSs to be idle either.

We should also try and find a way of advertising for more quality members to join the Forum.
Terminal
(11-06-2020, 01:51 PM)deanhills Wrote: Totally agreed. We could always do it on the basis of "until requests have increased" and reverse the decision then. Or have a more permanent rule that second VPSs can only be applied for after the expiry date for First VPSs on the 5th or 6th of the month. So Primary VPS users get first choice and opportunity from the VPS Pool. Second VPS applications may be received after Primary VPS applications have been distributed. I don't like VPSs to be idle either.

We should also try and find a way of advertising for more quality members to join the Forum.

I really like all of these ideas, I would be willing to help create some marketing items that you could use on social media and so on to start creating buzz.
Thank you to CubeData and Posts4VPS for the services of VPS 8.
It's really hard to figure why there aren't many requests for servers these days. There used to be so many people requesting vps while ago. Now there are many powerful servers but not much interest. Well Im not fan of the idea a member having 2 servers. But right now nobody using these so It's better if someone put these into active duty. Smile I guess even it's good idea for me to have another one so I can keep that for testing CyberPlanel.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

(11-06-2020, 03:09 PM)tbelldesignco Wrote: I really like all of these ideas, I would be willing to help create some marketing items that you could use on social media and so on to start creating buzz.

Any suggestions will be most welcome, provided it's a targeted approach. I.e. people of your own profile who like to post and who are into development or needing games servers. They may be friends or fellow students or colleagues.
Terminal
(11-06-2020, 08:08 PM)deanhills Wrote: Any suggestions will be most welcome, provided it's a targeted approach.  I.e. people of your own profile who like to post and who are into development or needing games servers.  They may be friends or fellow students or colleagues.

Yeah I just think making more people known about the services here and putting a referral system in could boost traffic for not only more meaningful engagement, but also any ad revenue generated by the site. It's that trade off of you keep coming back, we get more advertisers, sponsorships and you get more perks as a user in return.
Thank you to CubeData and Posts4VPS for the services of VPS 8.
(11-05-2020, 09:49 PM)deanhills Wrote: That may not be as farfetched a notion as you think it is.  Given the low number of VPS Requests.  But not straight away though.  @Dynamoishes to give it a couple or more months first to see whether the number of VPS requests improve.  If not, we may well think of making a second VPS available in exchange for additional posts....

Oh ready? I still remember that Dynamo did not like the idea of second VPS in the past.

But who knows...... it is now 2020 and, in this year, anything can happen. Smile

In any case, it will be a nice thing to members who may need more than one VPS whenever they think necessary.

(11-07-2020, 03:53 PM)tryp4vps Wrote: Oh ready? I still remember that Dynamo did not like the idea of second VPS in the past.

But who knows...... it is now 2020 and, in this year, anything can happen. Smile

In any case, it will be a nice thing to members who may need more than one VPS whenever they think necessary.

With this number of members and so many VPSes available, Dynamo may rethink what about the second VPS Tongue.
Well, I think sponsors are sponsoring Post4VPS so they can have quality reviews made by VPS holders. But at this point, so many VPSes are not even having an owner.

With this kind of condition, if I were a sponsor, I may rethink about the decision to sponsor since there is no feedback from the forum as no one own their VPS. Second VPS policy may solve this issue since if many from our current members interested to own more VPS, we can hope them to write reviews for sponsor.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
I was thinking of an idea for getting people to post, like last month was really pretty boring for me. I know i even should post threads often,
I had this idea what if there was an requirement to post 1 quality thread each month for every VPS owner, And there is a small deduction from point if that is not completed, I know this would put extra load on admins but if something similar to this, You see everyone uses old threads to complete their posting like that movie thread. Even though i'm one of them i'm not denying, Last month had my pc down so could not post much.
This requirement could bring new threads and some activity to the forum! I'm not saying this thing should be as followed, But if something related to it would be nice.

@deanhills, I was noticing one thing more about that VPS 1 and VPS 10 are the most easiest VPS to get for starters, but they have issues regarding game servers. Maybe people does not apply or it anymore, I know you guys have tried to fix it from the sponsors side too, but what if its somehow get fixed i believe VPS 1 and VPS 10 catches the eye of many people due to Game Servers Allowance and the location. And other VPS are actually USA located and kinda hard to get.
Thanks to ReadyDedis and Post4VPS for the amazing VPS 7!

Pages (5):
lockThread Closed 

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting