Problems activating your account? Send notification email to: admin@post4vps.com
Host4Fun Budget VPS Hosting
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mobile Phones - chipsets
hey, recent i was having conversation with my some friends about mobile chipsets.
we were having discussions about Huawei mobiles chipset -> Hisilicon Kirin series and SnapDragon series, whom performce is better.
there was a divided opinion but i would like to know about your opinions aswell
i like Snapdragon the most. cause they have the best support and development activity on xda and you get gcam mod.

mobile processors have gone to a level where it does not matter whether you have 710/712 or 636 / 660 anymore unless your are into cutting edge gaming. last gen emmc usb 2 transfer speed is so good that i don't think i need ufs 2.1 or 3 now for normal use .

so what i would rather prefer is good custom rom development over a little bit of extra power.

Snapdragon all the way for now.

edit. i buy my mobiles slightly used now. saved me tons of money.
right now I am using asus zenfone max pro m1 4/64. awesome phone with really big battery. i keep the charge between 40 and 60 percent and top of often. go to above 80 only when needed. brightness is always minimum. all useless services frozen. that way i get really awesome usage time. also it will keep the set in good condition for years to come.

i also baught it at half price with just 2 months usage on it.

this is how i like doing it. think what i need and why. not what i want. that is monkey brain chattering away. it wants everything and NOW !!
Sincere Thanks to Shadow Hosting and post4vps  for my awesome vps4. Also a big thanks to cubedata for the great experience on my previous vps, vps8.
I think this video explains them pretty well although kinda old (10 month) but haven't changed much in the theory:

No one knows what the future holds, that's why its potential is infinite
I personally like the apple chipsets. They always tend to be ahead of the game, even though they’re not necessarily the most powerful. However, iPhones tend to run faster than other phones with more powerful processors. So it isn’t just the speed of the processor that seems to matter.
Special thanks to Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! It is insanely powerful and fast!
it is not fast processor that is behind the smoothness people talk about even using low ram too.

they target their software on exact hardware specs and optimize it with multiple versioning and they have tight leash on background processes. also notification is only through their own server channel. which means one port only.

also their system is heavily under lock and key.

i just really dislike it all.

but I'm sure people who love Apple like it.
Sincere Thanks to Shadow Hosting and post4vps  for my awesome vps4. Also a big thanks to cubedata for the great experience on my previous vps, vps8.
(11-01-2019, 08:28 AM)rudra Wrote:  it is not fast processor that is behind the smoothness people talk about even using low ram too.

they target their software on exact hardware specs and optimize it with multiple versioning and they have tight leash on background processes. also notification is only through their own server channel. which means one port only.

also their system is heavily under lock and key.

i just really dislike it all.

but I'm sure people who love Apple like it.

You have some solid points.

However, i feel like the speed of their devices is brought by the fact that they use their own operating systems. So they can optimize and fine tune them to work the best with their hardware.

This is the exact opposite with android. Google can’t possibly optimize android for every android device out there. Hence making it impossible for them to achieve the same level of speed.

Furthermore, android device manufacturers tend to care less about optimizing android in their devices to work the best. They seem to spend their time developing features instead. Which is understandable, as the powerful processors they use do actually make up for it. But that’s not the case for all of the manufacturers of course.

At the end of the day, it all comes to personal preference. After all, You might like something even if it’s slow.
Special thanks to Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! It is insanely powerful and fast!
Android sets are not slow.

yes, Apple can do better optimization cause they have their own os and also not much variation in hardware. is there ? no. also they have different versions for apps targeting different generations.
you swipe something off and the app is gone. not much in background. so no need of loads of ram.
only channel to send and receive notification is through their official port and service. that service in set gets it from online and brings up apps from sleep to deliver. but in Android, apps can and often have their own port and communication and background process.

so you see. they have fundamental difference in how they handle things. I'm happy with Android cause i can choose. i can just force those apps to sleep and only contact their server when i want them to. i have control here. but Apple have control there. i want my android.. get off my porch, rotten Apple.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Security for Android phones? deanhills 12 613 07-03-2019, 02:52 PM
Last Post: kbartek
  Do you know of old tech mobile phones that will work with US 4G technology? deanhills 9 801 12-09-2018, 05:53 PM
Last Post: deanhills
  Dual Camera phones meetdilip 39 10,808 07-30-2018, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Lampard
  Any one for "dumb" phones? deanhills 6 1,219 07-25-2018, 07:36 AM
Last Post: Golden
  Feature Phones meetdilip 30 11,018 02-28-2018, 07:50 PM
Last Post: Dudi