arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mobile Phones - chipsets
hey, recent i was having conversation with my some friends about mobile chipsets.
we were having discussions about Huawei mobiles chipset -> Hisilicon Kirin series and SnapDragon series, whom performce is better.
there was a divided opinion but i would like to know about your opinions aswell
i like Snapdragon the most. cause they have the best support and development activity on xda and you get gcam mod.

mobile processors have gone to a level where it does not matter whether you have 710/712 or 636 / 660 anymore unless your are into cutting edge gaming. last gen emmc usb 2 transfer speed is so good that i don't think i need ufs 2.1 or 3 now for normal use .

so what i would rather prefer is good custom rom development over a little bit of extra power.

Snapdragon all the way for now.

edit. i buy my mobiles slightly used now. saved me tons of money.
right now I am using asus zenfone max pro m1 4/64. awesome phone with really big battery. i keep the charge between 40 and 60 percent and top of often. go to above 80 only when needed. brightness is always minimum. all useless services frozen. that way i get really awesome usage time. also it will keep the set in good condition for years to come.

i also baught it at half price with just 2 months usage on it.

this is how i like doing it. think what i need and why. not what i want. that is monkey brain chattering away. it wants everything and NOW !!
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
I think this video explains them pretty well although kinda old (10 month) but haven't changed much in the theory:

No one knows what the future holds, that's why its potential is infinite
I personally like the apple chipsets. They always tend to be ahead of the game, even though they’re not necessarily the most powerful. However, iPhones tend to run faster than other phones with more powerful processors. So it isn’t just the speed of the processor that seems to matter.
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.
it is not fast processor that is behind the smoothness people talk about even using low ram too.

they target their software on exact hardware specs and optimize it with multiple versioning and they have tight leash on background processes. also notification is only through their own server channel. which means one port only.

also their system is heavily under lock and key.

i just really dislike it all.

but I'm sure people who love Apple like it.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
(11-01-2019, 08:28 AM)rudra Wrote: it is not fast processor that is behind the smoothness people talk about even using low ram too.

they target their software on exact hardware specs and optimize it with multiple versioning and they have tight leash on background processes. also notification is only through their own server channel. which means one port only.

also their system is heavily under lock and key.

i just really dislike it all.

but I'm sure people who love Apple like it.

You have some solid points.

However, i feel like the speed of their devices is brought by the fact that they use their own operating systems. So they can optimize and fine tune them to work the best with their hardware.

This is the exact opposite with android. Google can’t possibly optimize android for every android device out there. Hence making it impossible for them to achieve the same level of speed.

Furthermore, android device manufacturers tend to care less about optimizing android in their devices to work the best. They seem to spend their time developing features instead. Which is understandable, as the powerful processors they use do actually make up for it. But that’s not the case for all of the manufacturers of course.

At the end of the day, it all comes to personal preference. After all, You might like something even if it’s slow.
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.
Android sets are not slow.

yes, Apple can do better optimization cause they have their own os and also not much variation in hardware. is there ? no. also they have different versions for apps targeting different generations.
you swipe something off and the app is gone. not much in background. so no need of loads of ram.
only channel to send and receive notification is through their official port and service. that service in set gets it from online and brings up apps from sleep to deliver. but in Android, apps can and often have their own port and communication and background process.

so you see. they have fundamental difference in how they handle things. I'm happy with Android cause i can choose. i can just force those apps to sleep and only contact their server when i want them to. i have control here. but Apple have control there. i want my android.. get off my porch, rotten Apple.
Bit old topic but I thought it's better to post here than create a new topic that would get duplicate content.

My question is, Does the size really matter when it comes to phone chipsets?

For example, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 has a Snapdragon 805 (28 nm) chip and which was released in 2014. Huawei Y7 (2019) has a Snapdragon 450 (14 nm) chip. Huawei nova 7 has a Kirin 985 5G (7 nm) chip. So the Kirin 985 7nm chip is better than Snapdragon 805 28nm chip? Apart from this, I was told Kirin is better when it comes to the efficiency of battery consumption

and how do MediaTek Helio G85 (12nm) and Kirin 985 5G (7 nm) chips compared to these? Helio is better than Kirin?

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

Snapdragon is more hard and ruff tuff CPU and no compare how wast they produce upgraded devices every year. and many many of mobile companies rely on snapdragon. less heat issues less software damage issues . less hanging issues. all time favorite with different designed main boards. and it has ability to work on different temperatures.
second one is Huawei Hisilicon Kirin Chipset which now big compete to exynos and snapdragon. Kirin has advantage of familiar hardware which is a big cause of speed boost. Huawei is one of them who manufacture complete mobile with CPU. and all component matching with firmware is awesome. that's why less heating issues less hanging and software malfunction issues exist.
so i prefer Huawei Kirin devices as whole. but if simple compare CPU's only snapdragon is hero.
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
(08-11-2020, 05:34 AM)xdude Wrote: ....... My question is, Does the size really matter when it comes to phone chipsets?

For example, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 has a Snapdragon 805 (28 nm) chip and which was released in 2014. Huawei Y7 (2019) has a Snapdragon 450 (14 nm) chip. Huawei nova 7 has a Kirin 985 5G (7 nm) chip. So the Kirin 985 7nm chip is better than Snapdragon 805 28nm chip? Apart from this, I was told Kirin is better when it comes to the efficiency of battery consumption

and how do MediaTek Helio G85 (12nm) and Kirin 985 5G (7 nm) chips compared to these? Helio is better than Kirin?

I think the size of phone chipsets really matter.

Normally, 7 nm chips should perform better than 14 nm chips, in term of efficiency at least, but of course you need to compare chipsets with similar specs.

The 7 nm chips just represent a more advanced manufacturing technology when comparing with 14 nm ones.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
07-30-2018, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Lampard
07-25-2018, 07:36 AM
Last Post: Golden

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting