arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Could we expand the forum bit by adding few more boards ? Giving more chances to post more things ? Maybe a separate section for hosting and vps related things ? Also for other things like SEO and Marketing etc ?

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

Can you say properly ? like

Hosting
-VPS hosting
-Web Hosting

and all ?
 Administrator
admin@post4vps.com

Okey lets say for a start

Web Hosting Discussion

-  VPS Hosting
-  Game Servers
-  Hosting Security & Technology
-  Software and Control Panels
-  General Hosting Discusson

Well expanding the board more would be retarded considering their are boards on here with no post in them at all, in my opinion the board has too many forums as it is.
SEO Section will be good and people need it too.Sometime it will invite SEO service providers as well.
Marketing section may be interesting if you are talking about a section for flipkart, amazon,ebay sellers and buyers if they have some special offers(we are only webmasters?).Also some users may can sell their websites.
Others Section in Advertising & offers Category may not fit there on my opinion.I like a well titled section rather than it, because no one knows what inside.
Test/spam category may be better if you could rename it to Offtopic/Junk.
Look at https://post4vps.com/forum-10.html - Web design
The topic "What is your favorite Free
Forum Script & Why ?" is actually not suited there.Web design means we are talking about CSS, CSS3, HTML, HTML5 etc.
"Scripting & Programming - a forum for scripts and
programming languages" is the section suited for that topic else the software category as some people consider the scripts as software such as MyBB.
These are just my personal opinions which I like to share.

Thank you  Sweet

(10-02-2015, 09:44 AM)Littlemaster Wrote: SEO Section will be good and people need it too.Sometime it will invite SEO service providers as well.
Marketing section may be interesting if you are talking about a section for flipkart, amazon,ebay sellers and buyers if they have some special offers(we are only webmasters?).Also some users may can sell their websites.
Others Section in Advertising & offers Category may not fit there on my opinion.I like a well titled section rather than it, because no one knows what inside.
Forum Script & Why ?" is actually not suited there.Web design means we are talking about CSS, CSS3, HTML, HTML5 etc.
programming languages" is the section suited for that topic else the software category as some people consider the scripts as software such as MyBB.

You misunderstand the concept man, new forums will not make users post in them nor will it attract more users. What you need is perks, giveaways stuff like that and less forums. Less forums makes your forum look more populated than it actually is. You need to have less forums but the forums you do have need to be big discussion forums.
On my view if you are having a section named "Free VPS Providers" then people who are searching for free vps will see that section through search engines.But someone who are searching "how to improve SEO" may not see anything related on the community.
This is object oriented, and it matters upon which type users your community need.
If you have just one active section named "Free VPS Providers(1)" then the people who are looking for (1) will come.If you have one more section named "SEO Optimization(2)" then users who are either interested (1) or (2) will come.
But one point is clear "All section must be active and should have quality" else the users will get distracted if they can't find what they are searched for and what the community claimed that they have.

Thank you  Sweet

(10-02-2015, 10:02 AM)Crypt-K Wrote:
(10-02-2015, 09:44 AM)Littlemaster Wrote: SEO Section will be good and people need it too.Sometime it will invite SEO service providers as well.

You misunderstand the concept man, new forums will not make users post in them nor will it attract more users. What you need is perks, giveaways stuff like that and less forums. Less forums makes your forum look more populated than it actually is. You need to have less forums but the forums you do have need to be big discussion forums.

I think you have misunderstood the concept of this forum. This is a free vps forum and forum does have a stock of vps to offer. So more and more members will join sooner or later. Members don't join forum like these because they just feel generous. They join here to get vps. Now problems start when they try to fulfill the monthly requirement.

Here at Post4vps technical posts are preferred unlike in other forums like  freevps. we have make 25 post per month in this manner. But the forum structure doesn't support that. There is not even board for hosting related matters. Like Littlemaster a board for SEO is great for webmasters. I would like it.

But also there are lots of gamers who might have no interest or experience in these. There's not even a place for discussion about gaming servers or related matters. if none technical posts are discourages then making 25 posts per month is pretty impossible for many.

What you said is totally correct for normal forum which just want members to join and be active. If that's the case then its fine to have half dozen boards. But this is a P2H so it's different.

Wait for people to join first and have an increased activity.

You could find appropriate categories for your topics if you want to find it.
http://FreeVPS.club - Free VPSs!
Offtopic stuff has been fixed (seperated).
Gamserver forum has been created.
SEO Forum has been created.

These are enough for now.
 Administrator
admin@post4vps.com

Pages (2):
lockThread Closed 

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting