arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Ubuntu Desktop 20.04 LTS on a raspberry pi 4B adventures
(05-22-2020, 04:52 PM)ikk157 Wrote: @deanhills just saw your request in the upvote comment (thanks for the upvote by the way!) about making a new thread with Ubuntu 20.04 feedback.

It’s currently too soon for me to provide any valuable feedback, the final release of Ubuntu 20.04 LTS hasn’t been out for long, so I still don’t know how it will perform in the long run. I’m especially interested to see how well it will perform under stress on a VPS (most likely the hostlease VPS 3 since I can re-install the OS if anything goes wrong). But that’s not doable right now since many of the stuff I use on a VPS aren’t yet compatible with it.

All the feedback I can provide right now can be summed up simply into this: It works great, but I’m still waiting for packages to start supporting it.

yeah lot of package isnt available yet and espescially the older package probably will never make to 20.04 . and because of this probably this is why the do-release-upgrade doesnt work without the -d parameter . probably to prevent auto updating of server that rely on package that isnt available

for performance it is probably identical to 18.04 . 18.04 also get the 5.4 kernel if im not wrong
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
(05-24-2020, 04:12 AM)humanpuff69 Wrote: yeah lot of package isnt available yet and espescially the older package probably will never make to 20.04 . and because of this probably this is why the do-release-upgrade doesnt work without the -d parameter . probably to prevent auto updating of server that rely on package that isnt available

for performance it is probably identical to 18.04 . 18.04 also get the 5.4 kernel if im not wrong

Let’s not turn this into a comparison (I know the past few threads did just that). Not really the point of this thread to begin with. 

The entire purpose of this thread is to not only guide the raspberry pi folks over here on how to get Ubuntu desktop/server 20.04LTS working on their raspberry pis, but also as a proof of concept. I never intended it to be a comparison thread.
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.
(05-24-2020, 08:40 AM)ikk157 Wrote: The entire purpose of this thread is to not only guide the raspberry pi folks over here on how to get Ubuntu desktop/server 20.04LTS working on their raspberry pis, but also as a proof of concept. I never intended it to be a comparison thread.
OK got it. We moved off topic when you responded to an earlier off topic comment about Ubuntu upgrade to 20.04 i.e. Ubuntu 20.04LTS is not ready to be upgraded to yet. So we hear you. No more discussion about upgrades or other versions of Ubuntu. This topic is about how to set up Ubuntu desktop/server 20.04LTS on a raspberry. Any further comments about Ubuntu versions will be removed from the discussion.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Pages (2):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting