arrow_upward

Pages (3):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first open-source web app, Blood Donation Diary.
Hello, 
This is my first public open-source free to use app. It is made using laravel. The blood donation crisis is big and with time it's getting worse. This app will help groups or manager to solve and take requisition and share them publicly over social media. For the full feature please visit the website. Your opinion is very valuable please let me know how do I improve the code or have some great idea.

I am currently making a tutorial for this app, how a user can deploy it to Heroku and vercel, as they are a free hosting provider and stable ones.

Thank you.

GitHub repo for Blood Donation Diary
Thank you to post4vps and HostDare for my awesome VPS 12!
Check My first ever opensource project Alpana Blood Donation Drive .
I think this is a really cool idea, my only concern is what security protocols to protects a user's private health information, if collected at all. I've been working on an ergonomic evaluation platform over the past two years and one thing we are constantly being mindful of is sanitization of data, proper hashing and HIPPA/PHI compliance.
Thank you to CubeData and Posts4VPS for the services of VPS 8.
There is no medical data just a requisition form with the user's blood group, and contact number and stored in a secure database and only the admin is responsible for it. I will make sure in next SASS version comply with all the requirements.

Quick Update:- I am creating a Heroku update for this web application in which anyone will able to get their own personal groups website/app. The next version of this app will be a free SASS product.
Good idea.Is this app designed for "blood banks"?If yes then you can make a interface that connects hospitals with the blood bank to let the hospital know what kind of blood is availanle,and when in short of blood they can let blood bank know what type of blood need to be donored ,making infoemation exchange easier.If you decide to make a account system for donors you can involve the donation ranking and reward points -- that's what we have here.
VPS 3 Provided by Post4vps and Racknerd .
This app is not designed for "Blood Bank". Its Blood Donation Diary web app for Groups. We have formed local small groups and have to manage using a diary. This app is simply a digital version. I am creating SASS version of it which have all the feature you can imagine.
(04-16-2021, 07:17 AM)debjit Wrote: Hello, 
This is my first public open-source free to use app. It is made using laravel. The blood donation crisis is big and with time it's getting worse. This app will help groups or manager to solve and take requisition and share them publicly over social media. For the full feature please visit the website. Your opinion is very valuable please let me know how do I improve the code or have some great idea.

I am currently making a tutorial for this app, how a user can deploy it to Heroku and vercel, as they are a free hosting provider and stable ones.

Thank you.

GitHub repo for Blood Donation Diary

Brilliant idea!.. and a really commendable effort to tackle the issue of blood scarcity as a result of blood donation not being a well entrenched cultural behavior in too many countries (especially in the Global South.)

As someone who had some health issues not too long ago, my life at some point did depend on blood transfusion once every 48H!!.. and I know this problem far too well.. Not sure, how well this project can help in getting group of peoples to coordinate blood donations between them, but nothing wrong in throwing an App at the problem at this level at least...

Ultimately, Blood donation hesitancy should be tackled at the cultural level, through whatever means necessary...

On the technical side, I don't have time to go through the github code at this time -perhaps later- but is there a demo site for this project?

Rep +1 for this project and for sharing it with us.
VirMach's Buffalo_VPS-9 Holder (Dec. 20 - July 21)
microLXC's Container Holder (july 20 - ?)
VirMach's Phoenix_VPS-9 Holder (Apr. 20 - June 20)
NanoKVM's NAT-VPS Holder (jan. 20 - ?)
Thank you for the rep. Here is the https://vercelbdd.vercel.app/ web URL that you can check out.
(04-17-2021, 02:27 PM)debjit Wrote: Thank you for the rep. Here is the https://vercelbdd.vercel.app/ web URL that you can check out.

You're welcome :-)

I've visited the demo site; it looks nice and to the point.

Few questions though. I would imagine that both the blood donor(s) and the blood requester need to be registered on your platform for their requests to be processed each time some of them needs blood donations, most probably done by sending notifications to all the available blood donors -registered as such- on the platform.

> What kind of notifications the App supports (emails, SMS, etc..)
> How can the App track that the promised blood donation did actually happen.
> Is there a blood donation score that can prioritize those who did donate more in case they happened to need an urgent blood donation afterwards etc..

Thinking a bit about the edge cases one can see that such an App do need some logistics to really work in the real world.

Anyway, keep up the good work.
VirMach's Buffalo_VPS-9 Holder (Dec. 20 - July 21)
microLXC's Container Holder (july 20 - ?)
VirMach's Phoenix_VPS-9 Holder (Apr. 20 - June 20)
NanoKVM's NAT-VPS Holder (jan. 20 - ?)
As I have shared before it's a management system for blood group and admin. This software intends to solve small group or NGO's internal blood donation problems. Due to huge demand, we have created a group to help out friends and local blood requisitions.
> What kind of notifications the App supports (emails, SMS, etc..)
Currently, email is the only option but push notification integration is on the way, and the app will be available in June. SMS integration is simple so I will also add that to the mix.
> How can the App track that the promised blood donation did actually happen.
Then blood donation entry is manually entered, and only admin can requisition blood donation entry.
> Is there a blood donation score that can prioritize those who did donate more in case they happened to need an urgent blood donation afterwards etc..
Yes, I have thought that and will be implemented some kind of rating or HERO ratings to the app, but after creating the android app.

This is the only working MVP version, I am currently learning more languages (JS, react and react-native) to make this feature more effective.
Hello, I have created a tutorial on how to host my app for free here.

https://debjit012.medium.com/how-did-i-h...03f8f4e1c9

You can follow this and host my app or any other laravel app for free.
Hope this does not sound like an advertisement. Just an update.
Pages (3):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting